Jay Bothroyd

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay Bothroyd

Postby nobby » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:30 pm

When we first signed him i will admit i thought it was a bad signing, but he has come on leaps and bounds and is now one of our most important players.

Without him on the pitch we look a different team, we struggle going forward and no one else holds the ball up as he does, also no one else up front has his height so its bread and butter to defenders.

My only concern is that we have no other striker who is similar to Jay, therefore no one else can push him for his place so it enables Jay to get in the comfort zone knowing that he will always be first choice when fit.

My only critisism of Jay is how easy he falls over, even at the slightest touch he goes down, also for his height he scores very few goals with his head, apart from that he is a vital member of the team.
nobby

Jay Bothroyd

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jay Bothroyd

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:33 pm

nobby wrote:When we first signed him i will admit i thought it was a bad signing, but he has come on leaps and bounds and is now one of our most important players.

Without him on the pitch we look a different team, we struggle going forward and no one else holds the ball up as he does, also no one else up front has his height so its bread and butter to defenders.

My only concern is that we have no other striker who is similar to Jay, therefore no one else can push him for his place so it enables Jay to get in the comfort zone knowing that he will always be first choice when fit.

My only critisism of Jay is how easy he falls over, even at the slightest touch he goes down, also for his height he scores very few goals with his head, apart from that he is a vital member of the team.

If i am honest I had serious doubts about him, but he has proved me totally wrong.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Corkrey » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:07 pm

A very gifted player.He's one of those lucky people to whom football is natural.His problem throughout his career is that he has'nt used that gift to its maximum.Lucky for us that seems to have changed and long may it continue.

Your right though,he is the only 'target man' type player we have.For me you cant count Magennis as in my opinion he will never make it at this level.We certainly look a far weaker side without him.

Its been our problem for a while now,a great 11 or 12 players but no strength in depth at all. :evil:
Corkrey

Postby kipper » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Jay is only 1 booking away from a ban too . Not very clever letting Feeney go I think with no loan signings coming in as back up , the lure of a permanent agreed deal at end of the loan period for Feeney is ringing true , it appears Ridsdales motto is , get the cash at all costs , platinum ambassador idea , etc . The financial situation and cashflow appears to be as bad as we all think it is . Tough night for Ridsdale on Monday , rightly so too , some truthful answers definitely required from him. Over to you Ridsdale ......!
kipper

Return to General Chat