Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

hartlepool

Sat May 29, 2010 1:43 pm

who on this board was on the epic trip to hartlepool 85 as wrote about in soul crew book?
we left on the 04.30 train <the proper way> all 80 young proper soul crew dressed up to the nines <in all our pringle jumpers lacoste t shirts an burberry , lois jeans farah slacks samba munchen trainers all worn for a reason !
had darlington on there toes fought with middlesboro in the main stand , we all took few slaps from them but what a bloody trip !!
i know 1 person on this board who was there who is a very close friend but would like to no if anyone else on here use to knock round with us back then?
great years the best years never to be repeated years ! ;)

Re: hartlepool

Sat May 29, 2010 2:05 pm

ely trendy wrote:who on this board was on the epic trip to hartlepool 85 as wrote about in soul crew book?
we left on the 04.30 train <the proper way> all 80 young proper soul crew dressed up to the nines <in all our pringle jumpers lacoste t shirts an burberry , lois jeans farah slacks samba munchen trainers all worn for a reason !
had darlington on there toes fought with middlesboro in the main stand , we all took few slaps from them but what a bloody trip !!
i know 1 person on this board who was there who is a very close friend but would like to no if anyone else on here use to knock round with us back then?

I remember that day. I was 12 at the time and was staying with my Grandparents in Barry that night. The fighting made the main ITV News that night and My Grandad (RIP) was leading forth about awful these hooligans were!

The other thing i remember was the name of one of ours arrested (Michael Dow). That season i remember him getting nicked on several occasions at NP and it took a number of officers to restrain him. One major one was Wolves at home when some wolves fans got on the bob bank and made the mistake of celebrating a goal.

Sat May 29, 2010 4:57 pm

was there for the wolves game went to join in but it was done and dusted before i got there. the hartlepool game i was on hols in hongkong and it got a mention in the papers out there

Sat May 29, 2010 6:27 pm

I wish I was there, all I know is a CCTV, concrete jungle

Sat May 29, 2010 10:32 pm

ely trendy wrote:who on this board was on the epic trip to hartlepool 85 as wrote about in soul crew book?

One of My best ever trips, I was on the train :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 29, 2010 10:46 pm

I was there. Monkey hangers.

Sat May 29, 2010 10:47 pm

was never into that side of things ;)

Sat May 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Didn't middlesboro play their game at Hartelpools ground right after our match?

I think they had been thrown out of Ayresome park.

Mon May 31, 2010 12:35 pm

I was there with you in the stand with 'boro' below us and we took a few slaps.

Do you remember going back to the away end and hiding behind fellow cardiff fans when the coppers were searching the crowd after the incident in the seats.

Mon May 31, 2010 12:55 pm

brumaway85 wrote:

I was there with you in the stand with 'boro' below us and we took a few slaps.

Do you remember going back to the away end and hiding behind fellow cardiff fans when the coppers were searching the crowd after the incident in the seats.

I was in that Stand only 20 of us turned up in it, out of 80 saying they would all go in it.