Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

have you ever broke down or game off

Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:44 pm

on your travels .... few for our lot but best was huddersfield away about 2005 left cardiff on 1 of my organised <privately run> coaches got to huddersfield an game off so decided to go oldham v brentford this was after going down 1 way st in huddersfield where we met the locals outside main pub the crescent an havin exchanges of phone numbers lol , saw game for 5mins at oldham boarded coach 4 home stopped in a tesco in manchester an guess wot ? we broke down . drank tesco dry lol an about 20 of ours decided to get taxis home costing 40 each f**k that i stopping with bus ,,after about 5 hours an time now 2am in morn as was night game i rang coach firm who told me we wer bein put in taxis to stoke where another bus wood be meetin us ? we arrived but after long wait nothing so we decided 2 get taxis back 2 coach in manchester , got back took money off driver rang a fitting company who came out an got coach started an we travelled home on same coach !... lookin back prob 1 of best an funny trips i ever bin on ? last time i organised coach to peterboro ........ guess what?

Re: have you ever broke down or game off

Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:29 am

A couple of Clydebank boys tried to go to Darlington to watch City a few years back. Think it was a late call off and they got to Greenock just after the start of the Bankies game. I think the gates were closed and they opted to watch it from the car park behind one of the goals(you could see 90% of the park from there) before getting into a bit of a scrap with some passing locals and ended up rolling down a grass hill!!!