Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COMPARE THE TWO and WHAT THEY ACHIEVED OR DIDNT ACHIEVE

Mon May 31, 2010 4:10 pm

I will not make a comment NO MATTER WHAT IS SAID.

Sam Hammam

Peter Ridsdale

Would you have any of them back as any kind of Director/President ?

Re: COMPARE THE TWO and WHAT THEY ACHIEVED OR DIDNT ACHIEVE

Mon May 31, 2010 4:14 pm

Would have neither of them back. The club is going forward, why would we want to look in to our past. I dont think the majority of our fans would except either of them back. They have bothe helped the club progress but yet have both done damage to the club.

I dont think we need or want the shinanigans of either back at our club!

Mon May 31, 2010 4:15 pm

to be honest annis i would have none back defo not riddler i would like to remember the good times we had with sam as he started the ball rolling i think its time for complete fresh start

Mon May 31, 2010 4:21 pm

Ridsdale must never be allowed anywhere near this club ever again

I assume he has cleared his desk and gone?

Mon May 31, 2010 4:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I will not make a comment NO MATTER WHAT IS SAID.

Sam Hammam

Peter Ridsdale

i would have Sam back,i kew him personally and i enjoyed his charm,but.....and its a big but.... :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 4:29 pm

Thats the thing, alot of people who knew sam persoanlly, would have him back, because they like. The other fans who didnt know him personally would probaly not him back.

Mon May 31, 2010 6:03 pm

I'd have Sam back in a heart beat... wouldn't have to be in charge...just part of the club... People do not understand just how important he has been for our club!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I feel great sadness that I never met him..maybe Annis could help me with that one day if he is ever to come back! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 31, 2010 6:47 pm

I would allocate a seat for his personal use to be kept open for him to mark the fire he lit under our rotting club when he blew into our lives like a noisy and multi coloured carnival; but I would not allow him to gain any voice into planning the road we now begin to move forward on. One reason is the devastation of Wimbledon FC and the other is the Sam I met in Annis's book.

As for Ridsdale-- he was a gambler and a chancer and he almost brought us to our knees. I hope neither we nor an other club ever hear from him again.

:old:
CAL

Mon May 31, 2010 6:56 pm

no thanks sam

no thanks mr grimsdale

both part of the clubs history

Mon May 31, 2010 7:54 pm

sam at the club yes, but not in charge

Mon May 31, 2010 8:15 pm

They were both charmers !

Mon May 31, 2010 8:23 pm

SaM Hamman can have ajob, selling pints and pies. Risdale can clean the toilets!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:27 am

Ridsdale obviously can f**k right off!!

Sam is a different kettle of fish because he got cardiff city and all
Of us up off our arses, he got the club we all love noticed again.
He got us to the brink of a new ground, without his input we'd be
Nowhere!! However, he also boasted how he was ''spending all his
Money on us, until f*cking he is skint''... But when push came to
Shove he was gettng us heavily into debt - to him!!!!

I'm assuming he's striking up sme kind of shares option deal as we
Speak to recoup some of Langstones money??? So he will obviously
Be able to come back to the ground!

But in what capacity???

Will he happily just sit back in his seat as a fan? Or will he be playing to
The crowd like the old days? Remember that the new owners have been
Grafting their bollocks off negotiating and fighting to restructure the club
And Sams debt has been the reason we were in the shit in the first place.

If they give him any kind of 'honorary position'.... The media will be round
Him like moths to a flame, and sams flamboyant style is the polar opposite
To that of the new bosses!

So its a bit of a toughie.

Time will tell I daresay

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:50 am

The thought of Ridsdale coming back is totally preposterous it's like asking Sir Fred Goodwin to come back and run the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Sam might be able to offer the club something in a debt for equity exchange.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Ridsdale ? Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever .... ever .... ever, ever, ever, ever, ever.

Sam is, I believe, a more difficult conundrum. Yes, he dragged us low. But only because the political bodies grew to dislike him and, ultimately, stitched him up like a kipper. If the original timeframe for the stadium had been honoured as originally aired with the likes of the Council then I suspect he may have brought the stadium project in and then successfully struck on for the Premiership.

But there are people who don't like big ideas from big idea people and in this country they tend to end up in government. And then you make them opinionated and biased. Non-existant Hedge Funds - surely not a set-up? Men more inclined to rugby riding to the rescue? To what end?

Sam lost everything he was fighting for in the best stitch up outside of Moss Bros - funnily enough some of the hands belonging to the one and only Mr P Ridsdale. And some wonder why he reacted like a cornered animal?

Sam never stood a chance! And I think we owe him somewhere to park his backside!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:27 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:I'd have Sam back in a heart beat... wouldn't have to be in charge...just part of the club... People do not understand just how important he has been for our club!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I feel great sadness that I never met him..maybe Annis could help me with that one day if he is ever to come back! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What ? like a mascott that walks around the pitch at half time??? :?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:31 pm

I agree with taffyapple , he has good and bad points

but do people seriously think that the new owners will let sam hammam play up to the cameras and reporters and wave to the fans ( not all of them will wave back at him or even want him there in the first place !)

after they have done all the hard work in getting hold of things and moving the club forward ?

its like asking your uncle round for sunday lunch even though hes a good laugh but makes a mess and leaves you to do the washing up !!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:40 pm

Both done certain things well both made terrible mistakes I personally Wouldnt want either back in an official capacity but would love Sam to come back for a couple of games to support the lads

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:10 pm

soylent blue wrote:Ridsdale ? Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever .... ever .... ever, ever, ever, ever, ever.

Sam is, I believe, a more difficult conundrum. Yes, he dragged us low. But only because the political bodies grew to dislike him and, ultimately, stitched him up like a kipper. If the original timeframe for the stadium had been honoured as originally aired with the likes of the Council then I suspect he may have brought the stadium project in and then successfully struck on for the Premiership.

But there are people who don't like big ideas from big idea people and in this country they tend to end up in government. And then you make them opinionated and biased. Non-existant Hedge Funds - surely not a set-up? Men more inclined to rugby riding to the rescue? To what end?

Sam lost everything he was fighting for in the best stitch up outside of Moss Bros - funnily enough some of the hands belonging to the one and only Mr P Ridsdale. And some wonder why he reacted like a cornered animal?

Sam never stood a chance! And I think we owe him somewhere to park his backside!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I will not make a comment NO MATTER WHAT IS SAID.

Sam Hammam

Peter Ridsdale

Time to move on, both left a legacy of improvement but neither can be trusted

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:53 pm

I have a big suspicion that Sam has not written off all that debt. REALLY have a feeling he will be back and instead of having money returned have shares in Cardiff City and poss a place on the board

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Neither.

Sam deserves credit for waking the club up...but at a huge cost

Ridsdale could have left here with his reputation greatly enhanced, new stadium, good side, new investors etc instead he'll be remembered by CCFC fans as a total bullshitter .

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:18 pm

interesting views, like i said, I will not make a comment, Sam and Ridsdale will read this as they both look at this forum.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:57 pm

Ridsdale. No chance. 3 clubs now - Leeds, Barnsley and Cardiff. Not a good CV.

As for Sam. He is, and always will be, part of Cardiff City and deserves to take his place in the Directors Box.

When we didnt have a dream - He gave us that dream.

When we didnt believe his dream - He proved that is was possible.

... and when he stretched himself to far - He was still looking to take the Bluebirds forward.

Over the last few months many of us have read information, from PR, that has turned out to be inaccurate in one way or another. Many of us had our Christmas money cruelly taken away from us under what some would consider false pretences. Some have suggested that he has fed lie after lie after lie.

But lets not forget that it was the same person who was suggesting that Sam was going to destroy us.

I know who I believe. Sam, in my opinion, would not have "killed" CCFC as it remains the club he loves. He always referred to us as his family and he simply would not have killed his brothers and sisters. Indeed when we were watching the games against Leicester and Blackpool - SO WAS HE!

He remains one of us.

..... and whilst he was not able to fulfill his ambitions whilst in charge of the club he did get us 90% there - and for this I am eternally grateful.

Even now he

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:50 am

Cheers everyone. :ayatollah:
We now have TG/Sam and The Riddler viewing tHis Forum :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:41 am

Lou Vogel wrote:Would have neither of them back. The club is going forward, why would we want to look in to our past. I dont think the majority of our fans would except either of them back. They have bothe helped the club progress but yet have both done damage to the club.

I dont think we need or want the shinanigans of either back at our club!

I think in 5 years time we'll put Hammam and Ridsdale against the Malaysians and we'll not even think twice about who is best for us. TG and VT are the future. Hammam and Ridsdale were the past and they should be left there, no matter what your memories of them. :ayatollah: