Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE LEDLEY TRANSFER SAGA

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:20 pm

I have been speaking with somebody very close to Joe and I have been told that Joe is not trying to get a move away from City but his agent is circulating clubs to give Joe the options of the best possible deals around.

Joe has been offered a deal by City, also by Rangers and now Celtic have made their offer, but nothing has been signed and his agent will be speaking with other clubs intesrested in him this week too, West Ham, Stoke and in fact there is a meeting again between Joe, his agent and Steve Borley planned for later this week.

So it is not out of the question that Joe wont be staying with us but his agent is doing his job and getting the best possible deal for his client, and truthfully who can blame Joe if he does go.

Re: THE LEDLEY TRANSFER SAGA

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:33 pm

HE CAN GO

big time charlie, he'll go and after a year at another club he'll fade into nothing, then back into the championship begging cardiff city to take him back "please cardiff boy and all that, home town club" rubbish! By average joe

there are plenty of better players in the championship than him! and we offered him 20k?? lol i wouldn't offer him £20 , get shot of the rat

my opinion if im allowed to have one on here anymore lol :lol:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Ben wrote:HE CAN GO

big time charlie, he'll go and after a year at another club he'll fade into nothing, then back into the championship begging cardiff city to take him back "please cardiff boy and all that, home town club" rubbish! By average joe

there are plenty of better players in the championship than him! and we offered him 20k?? lol i wouldn't offer him £20 , get shot of the rat

my opinion if im allowed to have one on here anymore lol :lol:

Ben I'm just glad you're a face on the message board and not a decision maker down the City!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:51 pm

if he's so good where's arsenal ? Man Utd fighting for his signature like ramsey......... yer thats right stoke (debatable) and rangers LOL just goes to show, please people can can him for next to nothing YET no-one is fighting to get him, i wounder why

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Do you all think that Joe would be doing a bad thing to us if he does leave us though? so much for him and his loyalties to us and the club :cry:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:04 pm

if he goes he goes,

kumbaya my lord

the clubs mentioned would be a step sideways or backward (except roma,which i think would benefit the national team),

tis the season of bullshit so lets wait and see.
if he goes,good luck and thanks for the memories

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:50 pm

At the end of the day the decision lies in joe's hands if he goes he goes!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Ben wrote:if he's so good where's arsenal ? Man Utd fighting for his signature like ramsey......... yer thats right stoke (debatable) and rangers LOL just goes to show, please people can can him for next to nothing YET no-one is fighting to get him, i wounder why

I dont think anyone is saying he's THAT good ben, He would do a tidy job in the Scottish (MickeyMouse) League and the championship - He is untried at higher levels and has had a few injuries of late, hence the lack of Premiership clubs showing an interest. Lets be fair - we all agree he's not as good as Ramsey and has never shown as much potential. Personally I hope and think he will be staying put. Especially if Bellamy is on his way?? (and you cant say he isn't, because nobody knows yet!) whether he is worth £20k per week or not is another matter!! :shock:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:27 pm

I think that Joe will be gutted if he does leave, and we get promoted next season.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Our midfield at times this season was brilliant, on other occasions it went on holiday (i.e. Blackpool)

The play-off Final was the final straw for me and it is time to rip it up and start again. We need two dominating central midfielders and at least one needs to be a hand waving hard tackling nutter patrolling in front of the back four.

The hit and miss of flair players like Whittingham and McPhail has been tried and has failed too often. We will never get a better price for them if we sell now and if Ledley goes to a Premier Club we could have £5m + to spend on replacements.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:01 pm

think joe should think very hard about leaving for a club where city get sweet fa for him.
the club has nurtured him since he was a kid,the club has given hm a chance to be a proffesional player,everything he has now in his life is down to the city.
to walk away to a premeier league club, yes i can understand that, the club get a reasonable amount of compensation, go to scotland and the club would be left with nothing.
a bitter pill to swallow.
the club are trying as well, oferring him 20k a week which by any stretch of the imagination is a fantastic amount of money.
time to think long and hard for joe
does he want to return one day and be welcomed or thought of as a judas.
scotland would be a major mistake for him.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Joe ain't that bad a player. He's one of those that you don't really notice during games but, when he is not playing you notice it by the way the team plays. Does that make sense?

Maybe the club should have cashed in on him when they had the chance?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:50 pm

bloo wrote:Joe ain't that bad a player. He's one of those that you don't really notice during games but, when he is not playing you notice it by the way the team plays. Does that make sense?

Maybe the club should have cashed in on him when they had the chance?

Just this once I agree with you.

Interest from a host of Prem clubs, and other decent clubs too, doesnt come from nowhere.

The lad plays the game simple, give-and-go, works box to box and harries when not in possesssion. Just because he doesnt score loads of spectacular goals or take 3-4 players on in a run a lot of people don't rate him.

These days a player of Ledley's type is just as important as a McPhail or Whittingham.

He was in the PFA side last year and this season we have looked much more of a unit when he's played.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:51 pm

The old saying comes into theme.......................

You don't know what you've got until its gone. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:48 pm

No big-deal mate............... He's a workhouse....box to box player every team needs one, would you prefer Gavin Rae?

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Would you swap him for Darren Pratley? Now he really is a box to box player who gives 100%. Gets in the goals too!

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Midfield general wrote:What's the big deal about Ledley ? I don't want him to be one of the biggest earners at the club because he doesn't deserve to be.

An average championship player who's had one good season two years ago and hasn't been the same since the Stoke interest.

In my opinion its best for both the club and the player to go their separate ways during the summer.

I would agree in saying his agent has put ££££££££ signs in front of his nose like a donkey with a carrot excuse the pun. and he is thinking he is better than he is...Imo A good championship central mid-fielder, nothing out of the ordinary.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:54 pm

bloo wrote:Would you swap him for Darren Pratley? Now he really is a box to box player who gives 100%. Gets in the goals too!

Same pratley whom is leaving you pussy ass'd fucks this summer?

Then yes :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:56 pm

bloo wrote:Would you swap him for Darren Pratley? Now he really is a box to box player who gives 100%. Gets in the goals too!

Beleive it or not, he's got a similar goalscoring record to Ledley in the league - 1 in 9 games. http://www.soccerbase.com/players_detai ... erid=39645

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_detai ... erid=36470

I'd like to have Pratley here, definately. Swap him ? Not so sure. Could't see Ledley in a Swansea shirt somehow, mind you right now it would be better than losing him for f-all :lol:

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote: We need two dominating central midfielders and at least one needs to be a hand waving hard tackling nutter patrolling in front of the back four.

The hit and miss of flair players like Whittingham and McPhail has been tried and has failed too often. We will never get a better price for them if we sell now and if Ledley goes to a Premier Club we could have £5m + to spend on replacements.

I think we should keep McPhail and Whittingham but as backup for each other. Pair one of with a hard tackling central midfielder. Hopefully we should be able ot afford 2 of these from the sale of Ledley.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Our midfield at times this season was brilliant, on other occasions it went on holiday (i.e. Blackpool)

The play-off Final was the final straw for me and it is time to rip it up and start again. We need two dominating central midfielders and at least one needs to be a hand waving hard tackling nutter patrolling in front of the back four.

Excellent post!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:50 pm

The only thing joes agent is interested in is lining his own pocket. not ledleys :roll: