Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CRAIG BELLAMY TO CARDIFF - "THE TRUTH"

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:40 pm

get a bucket collection by the turnstyles 5o pence on a crowd of 18,000 thats 9 grand every home game give it to bellemy that will take his wage up to 22 and a half grand a week get him here will be the making of city make him captain he will kick arse so what if upsets a few of the players lack of communication cost us last year

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 pm

just think of the fuel he,ll save :lol:

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:04 pm

If Bellamy signs for us - i will be happy with a £50 increase on my season ticket!! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:30 pm

It has been stated that Chopra is on £20,000 per week.

We have so far offered £18000 (20%) but I dare say we would match Chopras salary.

An Extra £25000 per week equates to £1.3m. This is effectively the money Blackpool gave us for losing the Play Off. Blackpool could have kept the money but they didnt. As it was therefore unbudgeted surely we could put it to good use and pay the extra £25000 on top.

Arguably we would get the money back in increased ancilliary sales (club shop etc) and what I would hope would be Automatic promotion next summer.

With Bellamy and Chopra up front (Did I just say that!) I would like to think that Ledley would also want to stay.

Yes the club needs to be prudent. But I believe that there are certain "investments" which should prove worthwhile and actually make the club more money than the initial sum invested.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:50 pm

the new owners are unearthing new debts at CCFC every day (thanks to the previous chairman)
the club's financial situation will have to be sorted before any major signings are made

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:56 pm

arnt we all forgetting how injury prone he is,whatever we could end up paying could turn into an absolute nitemare should he miss half our games with his famous niggles.
as much as id love to see him in a city shirt,we cant take on another robbie fowler.
surely coz of the way he is,he would be in line for some "treatment" from opposition defenders in the championship and would miss games as a result of that alone

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:14 pm

there is of course a compromise that all parties could make that would see the move happen.

Bellamy agrees a 25% pay cut, City up their offer to £22.5k per week and Man city pay the remaining £45k which constitutes 1/2 his salary. Easy :(

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:18 pm

nickyj wrote:get a bucket collection by the turnstyles 5o pence on a crowd of 18,000 thats 9 grand every home game give it to bellemy that will take his wage up to 22 and a half grand a week get him here will be the making of city make him captain he will kick arse so what if upsets a few of the players lack of communication cost us last year

collect AFTER the game coz if he plays shit he gets no money :lol:

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:Carl... how far apart are we? we offered 18k what do Man City want... I'm not joking if we signed Bellamy we'd make all our money back off shirts and tickets sold...also when he wins us promotion it will look like pennies!!

City are not prepared to go much higher than what they have already offered and as TG as stated already we will be prudent so they wont just throw money at it.

But surely a chance to sign one of the best players in the prem is to good a chance to miss!!

I know what you are saying mate and I agree really, but thats how we got in the shit in the first place, poor old Sam, give us Peter Thorne, Give us Kavanagh, give us Andy Campbell :lol:

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:47 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
nickyj wrote:get a bucket collection by the turnstyles 5o pence on a crowd of 18,000 thats 9 grand every home game give it to bellemy that will take his wage up to 22 and a half grand a week get him here will be the making of city make him captain he will kick arse so what if upsets a few of the players lack of communication cost us last year

collect AFTER the game coz if he plays shit he gets no money :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Even though I'd love us to sign Bellamy here is another fact for you straight from the football league rulebook.

A Player can only be transferred on a Long Term Loan if he was under the age of 23 on the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Long Term Loan transfer is intended to take place.

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:34 pm

its not gonna happen.what a load of bollox.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:23 am

We'll sign him ;)

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:24 am

Ross Young wrote:We'll sign him ;)

we will ross :D .............

but when? :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:27 am

This summer :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:40 am

dont believe the hype.its bollox.blind faith.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:59 am

keeta wrote:dont believe the hype.its bollox.blind faith.

Several million people voted labour :shock:

Not faith, pure stupidity so maybe something in this

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:08 am

Echo claim Chops is on 15k - who knows.

TBH id be surprised to see Chops stay if Bellamy did sign as I dont see DJ playing bellamy and Chops upfront together and I doubt BEllamy would drop a division just to play wide.

IMO Bellamy at Cardiff would take us up and as champions

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:16 am

k00lworld wrote:Even though I'd love us to sign Bellamy here is another fact for you straight from the football league rulebook.

A Player can only be transferred on a Long Term Loan if he was under the age of 23 on the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Long Term Loan transfer is intended to take place.

Yes I found a copy of the regualtions which said that too.

However Koumas was 26 when he joined us for a season long loan in 2005/6 and Eddie Johnson 24 in 2008/9 so either the regulations have been tightened since then (I don't think they have) or they are old regulations (I can't find a date on the ones I have found).

I have been caught out before when I have looked at old regulations.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:16 am

2blue2handle wrote:Echo claim Chops is on 15k - who knows.

TBH id be surprised to see Chops stay if Bellamy did sign as I dont see DJ playing bellamy and Chops upfront together and I doubt BEllamy would drop a division just to play wide.

IMO Bellamy at Cardiff would take us up and as champions

Terry gave the Basic Summer wage, Chops with Bonus during the Season can get up to £28,000 a week.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:37 am

Carl,

What's the chances of using a big South Wales firm to sponsor part of his wages as a special one off deal. Any suggestions.

Obviously, not Ken Thorne Cars though.

Cheers

Moley

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:28 am

moley wrote:Carl,

What's the chances of using a big South Wales firm to sponsor part of his wages as a special one off deal. Any suggestions.

Cheers

Moley

W H Sports Ltd perhaps? :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:32 am

try woolworths

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:08 am

moley wrote:Carl,

Cheers

Moley

If I remember rightly a consortium of local businessmen got together about 3 years ago with the intention of paying Jason Koumas' wages if he came to Cardiff.

I don't remember the precise details but I remember something about it collapsing because of the legal implications involved.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:59 am

k00lworld wrote:Even though I'd love us to sign Bellamy here is another fact for you straight from the football league rulebook.

Yes but here's the fa rules albeit last season im guessing in the date of 1 of the paragraphs.

(i) There is no maximum amount to loanees any club can sign over the age of 23, although you can only have a maximum of 5 loanees in the matchday squad at any given game.

(ii) A Player under the age of 23 can only be transferred on a Long Term Loan. There is also a limit of 4 loans of this type per club per season, in addition a player under the age of 23 as of 30/06/09 can only be transfered during the alocated transfer windows.

(iii) There is no limit to the amount of international loans (see section 9) that a club can take per season. In addition you can also choose all international loans (see section 9) in a matchday squad.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/~/media/File ... /Rules_Reg s/Rules_of_the_association_pg91-127.ashx/Rules_of_the_associ ation_pg91-127.pdf

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:23 am

So in actual fact we would be paying him less than we would be paying Ledley :o , I know his overall earnings would be higher than Joe's but surely Bellamy's a far better player than Joe and like another poster mentioned the sale of season tickets and shirt sales cannot be ignored, there would be a surge I'm sure.

How much would the sale of another 2,000 season tickets bring in plus a good few thousand shirt sales.

The only drawback could be moral in the changing rooms, when a team has one superstar in the team team spirit can sometimes suffer.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love Craig Bellamy and would love to see him playing in our shirt but this is not the sort of transfer strategy I hoped to see. It's putting all our eggs in one, old, injury-prone, basket. Surely we learned from Ridsdale's time that we need to have depth in our squad, not a few star performers with no backup? If we have money like this to spread around (and that, I doubt), let's spend it on bringing a squad of proven performers together who can get us promoted. I'd sign Craig in a shot once we've reached the Prem but I'm not at all convinced that trying to sign him now is sensible.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:26 pm

There are definitely ways for the club to find the extra money, and methods to conver his wages. (whether they be re-negotiated?)

Remember getting to the premiership will reward us from around £95 - £100 million pounds next season. judging on past figures. And with Bellamy, and a few extra covering signings I rekon we could win the league.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:08 pm

f**k me nearly had me there :lol: :lol: :lol: