Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LEDLEY LATEST TRANSFER NEWS

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Glasgow Rangers have withdrawn their interest in Joe and are pursuing another target. They did offer joe £20k pw and he spoke with them in Jan and Feb.

Joe has been to Glasgow to meet representatives from Celtic and he has been shown around the club and it's training facilities and Joe is very impressed with what he has seen and also what is on offer to him. Joe was happy with how he was treated so well up there.

Joe is keeping his options open though and I can totally understand why, he has not traveled to meet AS Roma, but will be meeting officials from West Ham next week, he will also meet representatives from other Premiership clubs.

The feeling at CCS is that the club has lost Joe and the likelyhood of him staying are very, very slim.

As disappointing as it is you cant blame the player who has been messed about by the previous chairman and has been a great servant for this club.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26607288/

Re: LEDLEY LATEST TRANSFER NEWS

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Carl, I am with Joe on this look after no1, his been a good servant to Our club, but now he must do whats best for him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:43 pm

True and he's dropped enough hints about playing in the Prem , lets hope he doest go to the SPL so we can get some compo money for him ?? Id be the first to wish him well and its all good for Welsh football :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:46 pm

You cant blame the lad, he has been a great servant to us.. Its a short career and you have to get out of it what you can but if he goes I hope its to West Ham or Everton as they'll suit his style of football and we'll get some sort of compo for him.

The press are contradicting themselves, surprisingly.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/s ... -22302926/

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26583551/

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:47 pm

all i hope, that if/when he leaves, he joins a prem club so we can get a little bif of cash for him.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:48 pm

As long as he doesn't go to Scotlan I will be happy as we have invested in him and we should receive some money for him because we ain't got the cash to replace him.

ceri

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Carl,

If you forget about the money for a minute, I would be very disappointed in Joe himself, if he went to Scotland. The standard is very poor and I actually think it would be a step backwards for Joe. We all know Celtic and Rangers are massive clubs and I have been to a few old firm games myself when Souness was manager of Rangers and know how passionate they can be, but overall the league is poorer than the championship, in my opinion.

Hopefully, he will get the chance to pick a mid table team in the premier where he will get plenty of games and safe from relegation. Then next season, he can visit us in the Premier and wonder, WHAT IF?.

Whatever he decides, for his performances and loyalty in the past he deserves our appreciation and good luck. I wish him all the best whatever his decision (providing it's not the JACKs)

Moley

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:32 pm

moley wrote:Carl,

If you forget about the money for a minute, I would be very disappointed in Joe himself, if he went to Scotland. The standard is very poor and I actually think it would be a step backwards for Joe. We all know Celtic and Rangers are massive clubs and I have been to a few old firm games myself when Souness was manager of Rangers and know how passionate they can be, but overall the league is poorer than the championship, in my opinion.

Hopefully, he will get the chance to pick a mid table team in the premier where he will get plenty of games and safe from relegation. Then next season, he can visit us in the Premier and wonder, WHAT IF?.

Whatever he decides, for his performances and loyalty in the past he deserves our appreciation and good luck. I wish him all the best whatever his decision (providing it's not the JACKs)

Moley

Seconded :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:36 pm

I doubt WHU will offer enough, Sullivan is always after a bargain. He probably heard he was on a free but will soon be scared off when he finds out there will be a tribunal. :D

Joe has to weigh up 38 High profile Premiership games against the handfull of decent Scottish fixtures and one or two qualifiers for the Champions league. Easy really.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:54 pm

I'd like to think he'd stay with us one more year but saying that I'm a fan. This is his career, his livelihood and he has a family he has to take care of. He's done enough here to deserve the chance. He'll leave this club in my fond memories. Once a Bluebird, always a Bluebird! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:10 pm

think he should stay for one more year with a get out clause.
for the club to get nothing will be very poor on joes part im afraid.
can only say it as i see it.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:03 pm

I don't think its all Joe's fault if the club don't get a penny for him. I would put most of the blame on the former chairman :evil:

It looks like Joe has set is heart on moving and if I was him I would go to Everton. Not in fear of going down like West Ham and a chance to play and learn from a player like mikel arteta.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:13 pm

I would like to hear Dave Jones take on it all and would love to ask him what if anything he had to do with f*cking Joe around with regard to contract talks last year?

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Zabier wrote:I'd like to think he'd stay with us one more year but saying that I'm a fan. This is his career, his livelihood and he has a family he has to take care of. He's done enough here to deserve the chance. He'll leave this club in my fond memories. Once a Bluebird, always a Bluebird! :ayatollah:

Arteta will be off to Man Utd

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'd like to think he'd stay with us one more year but saying that I'm a fan. This is his career, his livelihood and he has a family he has to take care of. He's done enough here to deserve the chance. He'll leave this club in my fond memories. Once a Bluebird, always a Bluebird! :ayatollah:

Arteta will be off to Man Utd

That's the end to my theory then :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:59 pm

fred keenor wrote:think he should stay for one more year with a get out clause.
for the club to get nothing will be very poor on joes part im afraid.
can only say it as i see it.

Hey we had loads of good posts then this stupid post.

Joe owes the club nothing. The amount of fans who turned on Joe showed him that. Granted not all of us did but some did and they know who they are. Shameful.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Yup, great servant.

Our 3 most important games in generations at Wembley, and he's scored in two of them.
Fair play to the boy, you can never say he didn't give 100% for the team.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Ledley is in Portugal at the moment, not Scotland or Italy… PORTUGAL.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Agree with the comments above, other than Celtic and Rangers the SPL is probably comparable with the lower half of the Championship, or the top half of League 1 at best. From a professional point of view, and in terms of his development, it would be a step backwards.

That said, as a Celtic fan, i'd love it if we signed him. The money would be good, if he played well he would be idolised, and he would at least guarantee himself a few medals to look back on when he retires.

Can't see it happening though, i'd imagine as a Cardiff boy born and bred he would want to ensure they got a fee for him, especially given the financial situation City are in.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:34 pm

so the club that gave him a chance, gave him everything he is now about to achieve, and its stupid to think that he cant give something back by going to a premier league club where at least we will recieve a fee?
think its the least he can do.
go to scotland ure aving a larf, 4 big games a season.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:13 pm

the least he can do - is look after No.1!

they're his wages, bonuses, and perks. What favours did a minority of the fans, and the clubs chairman Peter Ridsdale do him?

I will be sad to see him go, but it's looking inevitable now isn't it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at West Ham next season, If Avram Grant is showing interest in him.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:30 am

fred keenor wrote:so the club that gave him a chance, gave him everything he is now about to achieve, and its stupid to think that he cant give something back by going to a premier league club where at least we will recieve a fee?
think its the least he can do.
go to scotland ure aving a larf, 4 big games a season.

What would have happened had Ledley's drive and talent not resulted in him becoming a Championship player? Would City have taken into his account his loyalty and the fact he is a fan and been here since a kid and paid him anyway giving him a contract to play reserve football? Answer is would they bollocks they would have released him like they have done to many other youth players at the club. Joe owes the club nowt. The club have screwed this and made this situation occur by waiting too long to give him the contract his value deserved. Don't forget the club could have taken £6 million for him but chose not to.

Scotland equals Champions League or at the very least European Football.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:33 am

Sometimes this board grrrrrrr!!!

Joe Ledley owes Cardiff City f**k ALL

Its all very well to say he's a local boy and should do something for the club.

Spare me.

There are Premiership Clubs and Scottish Clubs that will pay him far more money than
Cardiff City FC.

If Joe hadnt made the grade as a footballer Cardiff City would have fucked him off years
ago, they only kept him because he was an ASSET!!

I'd love to see some of the clowns on here offered ten/twenty grand a week more to sign for
another club turn it down 'because their blood runs blue' :lol: :lol:

He'll be gutted to leave this club, but I hope he reads some of the posts on here cos I'm sure it
will soften the blow knowing he wont have to put up with drivel like this anymore!!!

Good luck Joe, you've been a great servant!!

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:18 am

Taffy Apple I agree with your post above. However I would like to think that Joe also realises that we WILL be in the Premiership in 12 months time.

Yes money is important, in such a short career, but if I knew that I were going to play in the Premiership with my hometown club surely that could be worth waiting 12 months for?

Perhaps Cardiff could offer him:

1) £25000 per week
2) 2 Year Contract
3) Clause in the contract which says "If Offered £5m" he can go.

That way he can review the situation in January. If we are looking good for promotion he may wish to stay. If not, then he knows the time is right to go.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:03 am

taffyapple wrote:Sometimes this board grrrrrrr!!!

Joe Ledley owes Cardiff City f**k ALL

Its all very well to say he's a local boy and should do something for the club.

Spare me.

There are Premiership Clubs and Scottish Clubs that will pay him far more money than
Cardiff City FC.

If Joe hadnt made the grade as a footballer Cardiff City would have fucked him off years
ago, they only kept him because he was an ASSET!!

I'd love to see some of the clowns on here offered ten/twenty grand a week more to sign for
another club turn it down 'because their blood runs blue' :lol: :lol:

He'll be gutted to leave this club, but I hope he reads some of the posts on here cos I'm sure it
will soften the blow knowing he wont have to put up with drivel like this anymore!!!

Good luck Joe, you've been a great servant!!

Absolutely spot on, great post.

There is NO guarantee we will get promoted next season and the clock is ticking. What if Joe does sign a contract for a year and then gets a bad injury ? He has a family on the way, he needs to look after No.1.

I worked for a company for 20 years, from the age of 16. They taught me an awful lot, but they made sure they got more than their pound of flesh back. Things started to get iffy and I was offered a more lucrative job elsewhere. Even though I genuinely loved the firm, I left and 18 months later the original firm went bust. Its all very well for people to spout loyalty, but you have to gace facts - it is a job.

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:43 am

mrbluejay wrote:Its all very well for people to spout loyalty, but you have to gace facts - it is a job.

Yeah and a very well paid one that still lacks loyalty from many people involved in that particular line of work.

That is a generalisation and not directed at Joe.

High level football can hardly be compared with any other job in the world other than those that are on big money.

How many people on here earn say £104k a year?

Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:00 pm

if i was offered 20k a week i would be gone like a shot

family comes first end of

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:03 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:if i was offered 20k a week i would be gone like a shot

I'm sure we can all scrape together to get you off here.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:55 pm

as ive said before i do feel sorry for joe and the way he has been messed about,butlets not forget the supporter,many agame joe failed to turn up,im not nieve to think any player plays for the shirt,but while your at a team the paying public deserved to see joe at his best which this season was lacking,good luck in your future :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: