Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO WE REALLY WANT IT ON and OFF THE PTCH ?

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Yes you could say we were unlucky on quite a few occasions today v Plymouth(not won for 5 games or Scored in 5 games and prob one of the worst teams we have played This Season). But some of our players and in particular J BOTHROYD and JOE LEDLEY they went missing in my opinion. Bothroyd never once got to the ball, when passed it, was always to late, spends his life on the floor and didnt look up for it(I hope he enjoyed his £2,000 Jacket he bought himself for Xmas),Every time we have a break for a week or 2 our players never seem to come back hungry.

On the other note when we were looking totally in control of the game, with a CROWD off over 24,000 we couldnt even get an ATMOSPHERE GOING lol, If we had had 20,000 in NINIAN PARK it would of been rocking. Our best crowd on Boxing day for over 40 years and I feel we let our selves down on and off the pitch.

HOW MUCH DO WE WANT PROMOTION ? :roll:
Come on lets get behind them when they are on the pitch.

Peterborough here we come on Monday, over 1,700 City fans going :ayatollah:

Re: DO WE REALLY WANT IT ON and OFF THE PTCH ?

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes you could say we were unlucky on quite a few occasions today v Plymouth(not won for 5 games or Scored in 5 games and prob one of the worst teams we have played This Season). But some of our players and in particular J BOTHROYD and JOE LEDLEY they went missing in my opinion. Bothroyd never once got to the ball, when passed it, was always to late, spends his life on the floor and didnt look up for it(I hope he enjoyed his £2,000 Jacket he bought himself for Xmas),Every time we have a break for a week or 2 our players never seem to come back hungry.

On the other note when we were looking totally in control of the game, with a CROWD off over 24,000 we couldnt even get an ATMOSPHERE GOING lol, If we had had 20,000 in NINIAN PARK it would of been rocking. Our best crowd on Boxing day for over 40 years and I feel we let our selves down on and off the pitch.

Agree about Bothroyd, he is in the comfort zone, we got no one else to put his place under pressure.
Also think Chopra is trying too hard to score, the ref also did not help matters today.

As far as our atmosphere is concerned its non existent, the CCS will NEVER beat Ninian Park EVER. :cry:

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Ninian Park was My first love and this stadium is shite for atmosphere full stop in my Opinion.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes you could say we were unlucky on quite a few occasions today v Plymouth(not won for 5 games or Scored in 5 games and prob one of the worst teams we have played This Season). But some of our players and in particular J BOTHROYD and JOE LEDLEY they went missing in my opinion. Bothroyd never once got to the ball, when passed it, was always to late, spends his life on the floor and didnt look up for it(I hope he enjoyed his £2,000 Jacket he bought himself for Xmas),Every time we have a break for a week or 2 our players never seem to come back hungry.

Peterborough here we come on Monday, over 1,700 City fans going :ayatollah:

From the commentary it sounded like Ledley had a pretty decent game! well, far better than others anyway!
Besides, we're beginning to look alot like forest - only able to perform away from home. Every game i've seen at home Bah Bristol City has been f*cking garbage - we WILL NOT get promotion if we can't take out easy teams at home. Plymouth are garbage, but we were worse! pathetic.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:51 pm

what we need in warren back playing then ay annis (from our conversation today).

i think chops needs to be dropped although that will never happen.

i enjoyed the banta today very funny

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:53 pm

he,s one of jones fav,s we got to beat teams like plymouth to go up it wont be easy at peterboro

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:56 pm

e23smithy wrote:what we need in warren back playing then ay annis (from our conversation today).

:lol:
Smithy, I know i am biased for Warren as he is My Mate.

But no Serious, chops or Both should not be guaranteed to play every game if they are not playing well, 10 games for Chops no goals, but I am still a fan of his. We need a leader on the pitch in Midfield.

We will continue the banter next home game :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:57 pm

tomo wrote:he,s one of jones fav,s we got to beat teams like plymouth to go up it wont be easy at peterboro

I have been told in Jones mind he can never do anything wrong lol.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:02 pm

getting behined them is one thing, but at the end of the day they have to ut the ball in the net ! no amount of cheering or singing will give the will to win to lazy players who cant be arsed.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:38 pm

i agree we need a strong playmaker in the middle of the pitch.

some one to boss the game with skill and vision to find that killer pass that chops feeds off.

Koumas is the obvious choice for flair not so sure about the brawn.

any idea?

Jan will be intersting!!!!

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:40 pm

e23smithy wrote:i agree we need a strong playmaker in the middle of the pitch.

some one to boss the game with skill and vision to find that killer pass that chops feeds off.

Koumas is the obvious choice for flair not so sure about the brawn.

any idea?

Jan will be intersting!!!!

I would Love to See Koumas play for us.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:48 pm

yes me to

but i think it will never happen in this division

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:56 pm

e23smithy wrote:yes me to

but i think it will never happen in this division

I rem Sam Hammams last words to me the day he left Ninian Park, Annis he said I wish I had put the Club £2 mill more in debt and signed Koumas as he would of taken us to the Prem, we were 6pts clear at the top of This League at the time.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:58 pm

an extra 2 would not of made much dif really.

we need to find soemone in jan though

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:23 pm

if you want an atmosphere lads your better off coming in the canton end, they let us stand and some games its been ok

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:24 pm

murphy wrote:if you want an atmosphere lads your better off coming in the canton end, they let us stand and some games its been ok

I have to admit you were a lot lot better than the Ninian Stand today.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:14 am

Why do we always f**k it up lol.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:
murphy wrote:if you want an atmosphere lads your better off coming in the canton end, they let us stand and some games its been ok

because we are sexy :lol: ;) and you can sing better standing up :P

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:19 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

because we are sexy :lol: ;) and you can sing better standing up :P

The Handsome ones are in the Ninian Stand :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:
e23smithy wrote:what we need in warren back playing then ay annis (from our conversation today).

Smithy, I know i am biased for Warren as he is My Mate.

But no Serious, chops or Both should not be guaranteed to play every game if they are not playing well, 10 games for Chops no goals, but I am still a fan of his. We need a leader on the pitch in Midfield.

We will continue the banter next home game :ayatollah:

We will never have a leader on the pitch whilst Jones is with us.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:23 am

whatever :lol: the canton is brill for the ''bigger boned feller'' ;) stand up and sing

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:43 am

Fb I agree with some of your comments, but 2 k on a jacket is not that much for a professional footballer is it ? and more to the point what relevance is it to us ?

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:47 am

Joff wrote:Fb I agree with some of your comments, but 2 k on a jacket is not that much for a professional footballer is it ? and more to the point what relevance is it to us ?

Whatsmore, we played Walsall on New Years (or Boxing Day) day a few years back, and you could hear the players voices

Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Don't believe the radio commentary !!!

Ledley again did not come up to the mark, the sponsors must have been pissed to have give him man of the match !

Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Joff wrote:
Joff wrote:Fb I agree with some of your comments, but 2 k on a jacket is not that much for a professional footballer is it ? and more to the point what relevance is it to us ?

Whatsmore, we played Walsall on New Years (or Boxing Day) day a few years back, and you could hear the players voices

I just feel they have lost whats really going on IN THE REAL WORLD and that Our fans pay out of their hard earned living.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:49 pm

[quote="Forever Blue"]Yes you could say we were unlucky on quite a few occasions today v Plymouth(not won for 5 games or Scored in 5 games and prob one of the worst teams we have played This Season). But some of our players and in particular J BOTHROYD and JOE LEDLEY they went missing in my opinion. Bothroyd never once got to the ball, when passed it, was always to late, spends his life on the floor and didnt look up for it(I hope he enjoyed his £2,000 Jacket he bought himself for Xmas),Every time we have a break for a week or 2 our players never seem to come back hungry.

£2k for a jacket....what brand was it?
I have a weakness for jackets myself. 8-)

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:33 pm

After the Plymouth game, any more comments after the Latest Fiasco.