Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I KNOW I AM AGAINST DAVE JONES AND ALWAYS

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:50 pm

Will be, but I will say I was wrong to his face if he gets us promotion on his 5th Season with us, but he has now made it 5 wins out of 90 games when we have gone 1 nil down in his 5th Season in charge, he has the new record of being on that stat the 91st or 92nd Worst Manager out of 92 League managers.

I really cant see him getting us promotion and if he fails this time, no matter how close, he in My Opinion should not get a 6th year in charge. I Welcome other peoples Opinions.

Re: I KNOW I AM AGAINST DAVE JONES AND ALWAYS

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:55 pm

he,s shit scared to play 4 3 3

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Will be, but I will say I was wrong to his face if he gets us promotion on his 5th Season with us, but he has now made it 5 wins out of 90 games when we have gone 1 nil down in his 5th Season in charge, he has the new record of being on that stat the 91st or 92nd Worst Manager out of 92 League managers.

I really cant see him getting us promotion and if he fails this time, no matter how close, he in My Opinion should not get a 6th year in charge. I Welcome other peoples Opinions.

I dont feel he is the manager to take us up, he is yet again proving this after 8 league defeats which simply is not good enough.
I hope he proves me wrong and we finish in the play offs and get promoted, but if im truly honest i cannot see that happening unless we get at least 4-5 new quality players in in January again which i doubt very much we will.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:57 pm

Always been a huge Jones fan myself and believe he has been exceptional for our club. However, I have many constructive criticisms of what he has done this season and believe he is and should be under severe pressure. I don't think we should sack him though, I believe the off the field stuff needs sorting first and a more pertinent question is what the hell is Peter doing with the finances of the club. Again, I've always been a Peter fan, but the last 6-12 months having gotten to know more about our situation, I'm astonished at how naive some people are as to believeing his every word. If this investment doesn't come big and soon, he has to go so we can deal with our debt in a more orthodox manner. As and when one of these things hapen, then will be the time to decinde if Jones is the man to take us forward, having been a staunch fan, I now have severe doubts.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:00 pm

saladthedragon wrote:Always been a huge Jones fan myself and believe he has been exceptional for our club. However, I have many constructive criticisms of what he has done this season and believe he is and should be under severe pressure. I don't think we should sack him though, I believe the off the field stuff needs sorting first and a more pertinent question is what the hell is Peter doing with the finances of the club. Again, I've always been a Peter fan, but the last 6-12 months having gotten to know more about our situation, I'm astonished at how naive some people are as to believeing his every word. If this investment doesn't come big and soon, he has to go so we can deal with our debt in a more orthodox manner. As and when one of these things hapen, then will be the time to decinde if Jones is the man to take us forward, having been a staunch fan, I now have severe doubts.

I really enjoy reading a different opinion, but I dont mean sack him now, I mean if we dont go up this season.
I use to believe n PR,but now I take it with a pitch of salt.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:04 pm

I wasn't actually disagreeing in truth. For me, it depends who is in charge of the club and what resources we have as to whether he should stay. I think we need more than a pinch of salt when it comes to Peter though, much as like you I like him as a person.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:27 pm

saladthedragon wrote:I wasn't actually disagreeing in truth. For me, it depends who is in charge of the club and what resources we have as to whether he should stay. I think we need more than a pinch of salt when it comes to Peter though, much as like you I like him as a person.

:lol:
Your right about the pitch of salt, everything he says is spin.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:41 pm

ive said for a long time that i feel jones has taken the club as far as he can.we seem to go on a run when we win 3 and then draw a couple lose a few and so on.the team is so inconsistent its unbelievable.whilst jones is in charge we will not reach the prem,so no danger of us getting free tickets next season.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:09 pm

I've been saying it for over 12 months now - he does not understand the importance
of playing football. We have played football (on the ground I mean) about 12 times
in the last two seasons and we killed teams off, those times are when the likes of
Steve Mcfail dominated the central midfield. I hate to say it, but thats all I want is
the city in the premier league where we belong, and some of the players for this year to
get us there are the likes of that little b*stard in midfield for the jerks - britton, god i even hate saying
his name, but he holds the ball and dictates easy play in midfield. Koumas is not
coming, not for any price, although some fans would love that. Dont listen to what Jones
is telling us and that "those players are not about), we all know those players are there,
we need to sell this club to them and get them here, if Jones cant do that then "Olly" will!
(I'm sure Blackpool would let him go for the right price - they are skint!)

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:I've been saying it for over 12 months now - he does not understand the importance
of playing football. We have played football (on the ground I mean) about 12 times
in the last two seasons and we killed teams off, those times are when the likes of
Steve Mcfail dominated the central midfield. I hate to say it, but thats all I want is
the city in the premier league where we belong, and some of the players for this year to
get us there are the likes of that little b*stard in midfield for the jerks - britton, god i even hate saying
his name, but he holds the ball and dictates easy play in midfield. Koumas is not
coming, not for any price, although some fans would love that. Dont listen to what Jones
is telling us and that "those players are not about), we all know those players are there,
we need to sell this club to them and get them here, if Jones cant do that then "Olly" will!
(I'm sure Blackpool would let him go for the right price - they are skint!)

Im a great fan of OLLY and fair play he is doing a hell of a job at Blackpool, i remember putting a thread on MM board about Holloway being the man to replace DJ if he was sacked, the majority laughed at me, wonder if they still would now. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:18 pm

I doubt it Nobby, not only is the man a football genius and has the ability
to change the way the team play imediately - but he has passion and frigging
guts too!
Spoken to him on many an occasion and is one step ahead of the game.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:21 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:I doubt it Nobby, not only is the man a football genius and has the ability
to change the way the team play imediately - but he has passion and frigging
guts too!
Spoken to him on many an occasion and is one step ahead of the game.

:ayatollah:

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Will be, but I will say I was wrong to his face if he gets us promotion on his 5th Season with us, but he has now made it 5 wins out of 90 games when we have gone 1 nil down in his 5th Season in charge, he has the new record of being on that stat the 91st or 92nd Worst Manager out of 92 League managers.

I know what you are saying Annis and he isn't perfect, but it's like saying Chopra's not perfect and I would rather someone else, for example Drogba.

Is there a real alternative who would come to us and do a better job at this level ???

I don't think we can judge him on today's performance as it was just one of those days, we were well off the pace, but still miles better than them, they had 2 shots on goal and scored on one of them and that was deflected.
Last edited by Bluebina on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:39 pm

Jones is a lucky manager and something always seems turns up unexpectedily to save his arse. If I was Ridsdale I would make it known now that Jones will be sacked if we don't go up this season.

That way Jones' fairy GodMother (or whatever it is that is looking out for him) will come riding to his rescue and ensure we get promoted. :lol:

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:15 pm

stick with jones for this season, then hang him if he fails :lol:

Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:42 am

i think dj is the best manager in terms of getting value for money and getting bargains and turning them into multi million pound players we have ever had yes he has got his flawes and he pisses me off but it is easy to slate him as soon as we lose,but the facts are there,he has done well for us,and you cannot count a 85min goal against us as a statistic as we never come back from 1 goal down,no manager can change 5min left in a game.the grass is not always greener on the other side....FACT.....who at the moment do you think would take our club forward as a manager??????????not many in my eyes,money into the club we need not a manager in my opinion

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:04 am

I think he as earned til the end of the season, I do get very frustrated with him at times like yesterday, but then the trip to borough was superb.

In fairness to him his hands have been somewhat tied as he has onsistantly had to work with the smallest squad in the league, however his tactical changes (or sometimes lack of them) never cease to amaze

for some time now we have had no creativity through the middle and unless Jay has another striker looking over his shoulder

once we sort out a couple of central midfielders and a target man then I believ a lot of our problems will be beind us

Sack

Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:32 pm

sack wrote:I think he as earned til the end of the season, I do get very frustrated with him at times like yesterday, but then the trip to borough was superb.

In fairness to him his hands have been somewhat tied as he has onsistantly had to work with the smallest squad in the league, however his tactical changes (or sometimes lack of them) never cease to amaze

for some time now we have had no creativity through the middle and unless Jay has another striker looking over his shoulder

once we sort out a couple of central midfielders and a target man then I believ a lot of our problems will be beind us

Sack

I agree the end of this season thats it.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Annis he should have been sacked at the end of last season. He and Risdale are to close that's why he has not been sacked. Every game we play you can look at the bench and know what changes are going to be made before the game starts, he never make changes to change a game it always like for like i think he is totally inept as a manager and we know once we go a goal down the best we can hope for is a draw.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:16 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:Annis he should have been sacked at the end of last season. He and Risdale are to close that's why he has not been sacked. Every game we play you can look at the bench and know what changes are going to be made before the game starts, he never make changes to change a game it always like for like i think he is totally inept as a manager and we know once we go a goal down the best we can hope for is a draw.

I agree he should of gone after the Sheff Wed game, Ipswich in My Opinion, that game hurt me.