Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How long we gonna have to wait...

Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:24 pm

For our first signing? I know we leave it late every year and we have our so called 'list', but there are no official reports of offers let alone signings.

Plenty of talk and hype. Disappointing that a mid table Championship club is looking to poach our star striker and moreso that it looks we are willing to accomodate.

C'mon City, I want to be excited about next year............

Re: How long we gonna have to wait...

Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Prob from mid June if they are really serious, when DJ and SB come back from their hols.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:32 pm

Cheers Annis, I hope so. I must say you dont sound convinced mind!! I thought DJ had left the signings in the safe hands of SB whilst he was on holiday? Gethin Jenkins seems to be a bit of a newcomer to football to be handling season changing deals right t the moment.

I can see it now...DJ to GJ, "so how many of those on my list said yes" GJ to DJ " Err..none,but I did offer a few of them up to £1k a week " DJ to CCFC " OK tara....."

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Still flat broke wrote:Cheers Annis, I hope so. I must say you dont sound convinced mind!! I thought DJ had left the signings in the safe hands of SB whilst he was on holiday? Gethin Jenkins seems to be a bit of a newcomer to football to be handling season changing deals right t the moment.

I can see it now...DJ to GJ, "so how many of those on my list said yes" GJ to DJ " Err..none,but I did offer a few of them up to £1k a week " DJ to CCFC " OK tara....."

:lol:

I think there is going to be a lot of learning to do and a lot of hard work to be done.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:46 pm

One thing I will give DJ credit for is his conduct when buying players. He keeps his cards
very close to his chest and does not go tub-thumping about signing A B or C. I imagine
he's already speaking to his targets and negotiations are under way. Either that or I'm off
to start watching Abergavenny Wednesday lunchtime FC :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Got to pay our tax bill first. Eight clubs in our league have already signed players