Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Rise and Fall of the Valley Rams(SUPPORT Big Gwyn Davies)

Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Its obviously that Jenkins thinks that the likes of Newport and Cardiff can sustain top flight football & rugby without the support from the valleys , well think again Jenkins . You may have done so when the Dragons and Blues went stand alone rugby teams and more or less demoted the likes of Pontypridd , Pontypool and Ebbw Vale to second class forever BUT you forget that to enable the likes of Newport and Cardiff to be top rugby clubs that the majority of the disbanded players went from the the valley teams in order to join the bottom of the table Newport RFC and Cardiff RFC !!

CCFC always has and always will have supporters from the valley long after you've left this Club , now f**k off back to Newport and your rugby ! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:45 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Its obviously that Jenkins thinks that the likes of Newport and Cardiff can sustain top flight football & rugby without the support from the valleys , well think again Jenkins . You may have done so when the Dragons and Blues went stand alone rugby teams and more or less demoted the likes of Pontypridd , Pontypool and Ebbw Vale to second class forever BUT you forget that to enable the likes of Newport and Cardiff to be top rugby clubs that the majority of the disbanded players went from the the valley teams in order to join the bottom of the table Newport RFC and Cardiff RFC !!

CCFC always has and always will have supporters from the valley long after you've left this Club , now f**k off back to Newport and your rugby ! :ayatollah:

Well said Martyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:07 am

I have not read Gwyn,s book yet but I have found him to be a level headed and thoughtful guy, and always enjoy seeing his thoughts on the issues concerning CCFC posted on here.
You can tell by his comments that he loves the club.
If the new CEO wants to ban his book he should have the decency to invite Gwyn for a face to face meeting to explain his decision. I doubt that he has even read it !!! There are still major problems effecting our club and yet this man finds the time to ban a book written by a good supporter. There is something very wrong here, A good suggestion would be for him to look at what is not in the shop rather than look at products stocked. The club is missing out on valuable revenue because of the lack of product range in the shop.

GET YOUR PRIORITIES RIGHT !!!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:20 am

1 question , does the Club shop stock Jones's book then ? :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:32 am

He's going about alienating the support the club already has before coming up with any ideas to attract further support. For a so-called Cardiff fan, he seems pretty clueless about the things that make this club phenomenal.

Dato and company were blown away by the atmosphere against Leicester City, Gethin Joke-ins would have that extinguished before we could get it going. I understand the crap the club went through via the BBC documentary with the club selling the Soulcrew book under the counter in the old club shop but Joke-ins is leaving the impression that the only thing he knows about Cardiff City is from that documentary and Western Mail/Echo horror stories. :roll:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:21 am

Annis has Gethin actually said he doesnt want people from the Valleys supporting Cardiff City? Or has he said he doesnt want the club to be associated with books that contain accounts of "trouble" with the police or opp supporters?

I suspect its that he doesnt want anymore "Chelsea" incidents to deal with because he is afraid of what impact it would have in portraying a positive clean image in Malaysia.

Re: Rise and Fall of the Valley Rams

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Marc, he took one look of the cover of Gwyns Book and said we have to move on from these sort of people.
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/

Like the saying goes never judge a book by its cover.

He should sit down and read the book, at least that he should find out what the Rams were all about.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:56 am

How on Earth is he 'alienating' people? Are you telling me prospective (and obviously young) supporters from up there are going to be swayed to support us by reading a book? Something tells me not.

You're all blowing this up in the air a little bit.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:05 pm

Loyster wrote:Annis has Gethin actually said he doesnt want people from the Valleys supporting Cardiff City? Or has he said he doesnt want the club to be associated with books that contain accounts of "trouble" with the police or opp supporters?

It's seems to me that if he thinks that there is no trouble between opposition fans and the police at any football match he's either stupid or very naive.