Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF MY BOOK

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:51 pm

Mad ain't it, if ever there was a book that was against hooliganism, this is it. Someone has commneted about the cover, just shows how ignorant and short sighted they are, the thought behind the cover is to show how far we come. it shows the violence that had blighetd the club and then shows the Police holding up a valley Rams flag with broad smiles on their faces.

As a group we new that for our club to move forward we had to change things, and change them we did, during our existence, the arrest figures showed record falls year on year, since wehave folded the figures have increased again year on year.

The foreword in my book is written by Doctor Cliif Stoot is the most emminent academic involved in Football studies and he still uses our history and experiences at the Rams in all his lectures related to football matters.
I was asked to speak to 300 senior Police match commanders at Liverpool Uni about what we had acheived, does all this sound like a glorification of hooliganism.

I am proud of what the Rams helped to acheive and to have it dismissed in this way is like a kick in the bollocks.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109865819060422 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Link here http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Another Link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15471 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF MY BOOK

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Hold your head up high Gwyn, what the Rams achieved was quite frankly unbelievable - in fact I'm still not sure how you managed it given the cast members involved :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:57 pm

I'm going to have to say i cant understand why this book has been removed. I have read the book and it is very clear the intnetions of the Valley Rams was to overcome our hooligan problem. In fact and without doubt it did more to combat the problem than what the authorites did. I for one am disappointed to see the book treated this way.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:01 pm

BRING BACK THE RAMS!!!! :mrgreen:

It would make my life a little easier :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:13 pm

best to have a meeting gwyn with CEO

I like the book , its a great read

still cracks me up the wheelchair story and corky with his chip supper and the soaps on telly

Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:15 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Mad ain't it, if ever there was a book that was against hooliganism, this is it. Someone has commneted about the cover, just shows how ignorant and short sighted they are, the thought behind the cover is to show how far we come. it shows the violence that had blighetd the club and then shows the Police holding up a valley Rams flag with broad smiles on their faces.

As a group we new that for our club to move forward we had to change things, and change them we did, during our existence, the arrest figures showed record falls year on year, since wehave folded the figures have increased again year on year.

The foreword in my book is written by Doctor Cliif Stoot is the most emminent academic involved in Football studies and he still uses our history and experiences at the Rams in all his lectures related to football matters.
I was asked to speak to 300 senior Police match commanders at Liverpool Uni about what we had acheived, does all this sound like a glorification of hooliganism.

I am proud of what the Rams helped to acheive and to have it dismissed in this way is like a kick in the bollocks.

gwyn has he specifically said your book glorifies hooligans ( which it clearly doesnt !!)

has he actually said this to you

best to have a meeting about it with him because if he didnt maybe its a business decision because they are bringing out their own book ?

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Gwyn its one of the best books I have ever read :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The Malaysians have had no say whats so ever in this and in fact Borley has asked for it to go in to the Club Shop. The Club Shop have never once had a complaint against it, The Police actually thought it was a good read and posed for the front cover, The home office have written a couple of pages in it as well.Gethin Jenkins has not even read it yet he has made these comments.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Sludge wrote:best to have a meeting gwyn with CEO

I like the book , its a great read

still cracks me up the wheelchair story and corky with his chip supper and the soaps on telly

sludge that wheelchair stroy reduced me to tears of laughter, i think our new CEO should read the book first before making any comments about it (if that what he did)

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Gwyn your preaching to the converted.

I hope my group can help
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109865819060422 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:06 pm

I think we can all agree that communication is the best approach here. Gwyn have a meet with Gethin Jenkins and state what certain people have said about it e.g. police, Home Office etc. Should get it re-instated.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Zabier wrote:I think we can all agree that communication is the best approach here. Gwyn have a meet with Gethin Jenkins and state what certain people have said about it e.g. police, Home Office etc. Should get it re-instated.

Zabier, Jenkins is refusing to speak to us , he is doing it all by email, yet when we ring he is unavailable and was Thursday,Friday and Today lol.

Finally rang after Borley told him to, all he would say is the book is not appropriate for Cardiff City Football Club. :roll:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Supporting you through our facebook Gwyn - http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic ... 8649484847

Quite frankly, I find Gethin's behaviour, on this topic - Disgusting. To not have even read the book properly then give pathetic feedback!

We're with you Gwyn! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Sorry gwyn gethin must have read about the AHM battle bus,really sorry,saying that we are sorting one out for next season,all the old boys had such a great trip to wembley that they want a regular bus back,sod gethin anyway.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:03 pm

f**k him gwyn boy. i loved the book. it does'nt glorify hooliganism one bit. its the total opposite in fact! this jenkins guy obviously hasnt got a fuckin clue what hes on about!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:I think we can all agree that communication is the best approach here. Gwyn have a meet with Gethin Jenkins and state what certain people have said about it e.g. police, Home Office etc. Should get it re-instated.

Zabier, Jenkins is refusing to speak to us , he is doing it all by email, yet when we ring he is unavailable and was Thursday,Friday and Today lol.

It would be interesting to see what the e-mails say .

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:53 pm

i back you all the way mate you did eveything humanley possiable to stop us the fans from getting into any bother .the authorties asked you for help and when things were going well they threw it back in youre face .the book was a truthfull book and also it wasnt a football hooligan book far from it

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi Gwyn ,
The guy is clearly out of touch , not really susprising, considering his background.

By the way , the best City book i've read and brings back some memories :lol:

Dicey

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:24 pm

I think anybody that has read the book knows what it's about, and know it's a great read and isn't a 'hooligan' book.

What the actual reasoning for not stocking the book is I don't know, but I think it's an issue that should be dealt with by speaking to Gethin himself, and finding out the reasons from him.

Was there an explanation given when the other books were removed by Ridsdale, or was there no reason given?

I would send Gethin a signed copy of the book for him to read and he can see what it's about himself :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:30 pm

Owain wrote:I think anybody that has read the book knows what it's about, and know it's a great read and isn't a 'hooligan' book.

What the actual reasoning for not stocking the book is I don't know, but I think it's an issue that should be dealt with by speaking to Gethin himself, and finding out the reasons from him.

Was there an explanation given when the other books were removed by Ridsdale, or was there no reason given?

I would send Gethin a signed copy of the book for him to read and he can see what it's about himself :ayatollah:

He had one of us and said he flicked through the pages and his reply today is" THIS BOOK IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB".

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

i probably think he read the book and coming from a rugby culture when he noticed the missing chapter of when you lose a match and then go home and kick the shit out of the missus he dismissed us as all weirdo's ;)

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:36 pm

steve davies wrote:i probably think he read the book and coming from a rugby culture when he noticed the missing chapter of when you lose a match and then go home and kick the shit out of the missus he dismissed us as all weirdo's ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Gwyn I have been in dialogue with Gethin Jenkins today and I would say the conversation became a productive one and has resulted in a meeting to take place later this week that I have been asked to attend, where the issue of the book going back into the club shop will be a priority of mine.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Fantastic Support

Please Keep it going http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109865819060422 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:53 pm

ill be buying the book next month, would now if i could afford it but I can guess the type of stories having been on many buses and having met gwyn a few times. Stuff the club should be proud of and not ignoring

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:ill be buying the book next month, would now if i could afford it but I can guess the type of stories having been on many buses and having met gwyn a few times. Stuff the club should be proud of and not ignoring

i think the book is being misunderstood and the point missed entirely.
the book is about the camaradarie of not just valley boys but cardiff fans as a whole
there is an incident in the book written by pit bull which makes reference to myself and an incident with a fire extinguisher at cheltenham station when we ran into a huge mob of bristol rovers fans on the way home from crewe.
now i would be horrified if people referred to me as a lad in any way shape or form and people like sam and ketty etc have very rarely seen me with a drink in my hand let alone pissed.
but that day at cheltenham station was all about standing up and being counted and protecting each other out of total respect for the company you were with.
this is what the rams were all about all for one and one for all never looking for trouble but dealing with it the best you could if it came along and enjoying the many numerous hilarious moments that also came along.
it dosent really matter who owns the club or who the ceo is at any given time the spirit that gwyn raised with the valley rams will never be extinguished and we will always be there for each other come rain or shine.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:50 am

Bakedalasker wrote: it is very clear the intnetions of the Valley Rams was to overcome our hooligan problem.

That may well be, but in doing so it underlines that the hooligan problem existed. The Valley Rams may have been the most effective organisation to address the issue but the book by virtue of it's subject keeps alive the hooligan myth for others to try and emulate. I see that the club have issued a statement underlining the fact that a lot of support comes from the valleys.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 am

That may well be, but in doing so it underlines that the hooligan problem existed. The Valley Rams may have been the most effective organisation to address the issue but the book by virtue of it's subject keeps alive the hooligan myth for others to try and emulate. I see that the club have issued a statement underlining the fact that a lot of support comes from the valleys.

Confused me slightly (and that ain't hard) you say that it underlines that the hooligan problem existed, but then say it keeps the hooligan myth alive?
Is it a myth or did it happen, most of us know it happened and not just at Cardiff, even though we were seen as having one of the worse problems, so surely if it existed and we helped for a period to reduce the problem, isn't that worth recording the fact, or should we deny that it happened, never talk or aknowledge that it happened, or should we possibly take note of what and learn from it, whilst also makingsure we don't let it happen again.

If denying it works, then why stop there, let's rewrite history and pretend the holocaust never happened, mind you I think some peole have tried that approach, do you think it was succesful.

Hitler, Stalin, Ginghis Khan never heard of them!

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:17 am

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote: it is very clear the intnetions of the Valley Rams was to overcome our hooligan problem.

In that case we may as well close down Cardiff City football club because the hooligan myth will always be alive.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:39 am

i am proud to have been part of the valley rams and this book is brilliant.bring back the ugly bus

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 am

I worry if Jenkins is up to the job, if he were to look into how many members the RAMS had and how many coppies of the book has been sold and then had any idea of what the RAMS was about (very close and loyal bunch of friends) he might just think about the number of people who will NOT go into the club shop out of principle and therefore see that his actions are costing the club revenue