Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I THINK WE ARE WRONG IF WE SELL CHOPS

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ackers1927 wrote:They seem happy on here to sign him for £4.2m

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2121351693

They say what a Great Signing he would be :evil:

Thats why I think we should try our best to keep hold of him.
He's a great asset to any side in the league.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:49 pm

It depends why we are selling him really, if its because we cant afford the wages and need the money then fair enough.

I wouldnt swap chops for anyone in this division, his work rate and general game is excellent and he will always get goals. ID be gutted to see him go if its just for the sake of it.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:21 pm

If we do sell chops thats me finished.iv not had a st for 2 years because of my shift pattern.but iv still made 15 each season home and a few away.if we sell its the same old story CARDIFF CITY A SELLING CLUB.sorry but it will be radio wales for me :evil:

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For just over £4 Million, where will we get another striker for anywhere near that money who can score 20-25 goals a season ?
Any Opinions ?

Unfortunately no. I would love it if he stayed (My mrs has a signed photo of him next to my wedding pics :o ). Il never forget the playoff final or when we done Derby 6-1 and he scored 4! The boot on fire v's the worzels, the antics Carson stitching him at the hawthorns , just some priceless moments from 09/10 season.

Tbh Annis if we had 5-6 million to replace him then superb. Ive been made aware that he has a clause in his contract, to up his salary if he scores 20+ goals in a season, is this a get out clause? Or just a salary clause? Whereby we have to increase chops wages means he's met his target of the x amount of goals tallied. Would this be a percentage rise or a fixed sum?

Just wondering

All the best Andy.