Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Deal to be done for Koumas, Scotland & Gomez??

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:21 am

City should raid Wigan - Koumas, Gomez & Scotland

Koumas, Gomez & Scotland - three players that didn't feature much for Wigan last season who are most likely available. All 3 would improve our team especially if we loose Bothroyd/Ledley/Whittingham.

I don't care that Scotland & Gomez played for the jacks, doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

Scotland - proven goal scorer, can hold the ball up for Ross/Chops/TBA

Koumas - Technically gifted in attack and at set pieces.

Gomez - we may have hated him for his theatrical skills but he can play and is dangerous at this level.

I believe we could get all 3 of them for under £3million or get season long loan deals.

Thoughts?

Re: Deal to be done for Koumas, Scotland & Gomez??

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:28 am

no jacks! :twisted: id rather play eddie johnson

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:33 am

They abandoned ship at the first opportunity!!

Leggy was a Jack remember...

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:34 am

Ben wrote:no jacks! :twisted: id rather play eddie johnson

If we pull this off, even if Ledley and Whittingham go, then we could quite easily get an auto spot and you Ben will be eating humble pie.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:37 am

Gonzo wrote:They abandoned ship at the first opportunity!!

very true BUT i can't see them staying long enough become legends , which leggy is in my eyes, times have changed, people will have a go at them especially when they feck up

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:39 am

A bit harsh that. Gomez was on loan and had the choice to go and work with a manager he had respect for in a higher division. Scotland although not on loan was getting on and it ws his last chance to go and play in the premier plus like Gomez he had respect for the manager.

I know the Jacks where disappointed to see Gomez go but knew they could not afford him. They were disappointed to see Scotland go as well but totally understood his situation. He they both end back up here though that will really gripe the Jacks.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:42 am

Ben wrote:

very true BUT i can't see them staying long enough become legends , which leggy is in my eyes, times have changed, people will have a go at them especially when they feck up

I think we are a bit more patient than that Ben. Look at what Dimi did and he did not get much abuse.

I also doubt Gomez or Scotland will become legends but I feel they could paly a major part in getting us to the premier.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:43 am

Koumas is what 32.....? and made no more than 7 first team appearances, I think people tend to forget that time has moved on since Jason was with us and not the same player.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Ben wrote:no jacks! :twisted: id rather play eddie johnson

can you class them as jacks. only there to do a job and got out after 1 and 2 seasons

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Gonzo wrote:City should raid Wigan - Koumas, Gomez & Scotland

Koumas, Gomez & Scotland - three players that didn't feature much for Wigan last season who are most likely available. All 3 would improve our team especially if we loose Bothroyd/Ledley/Whittingham.

I don't care that Scotland & Gomez played for the jacks, doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

Scotland - proven goal scorer, can hold the ball up for Ross/Chops/TBA

Koumas - Technically gifted in attack and at set pieces.

Gomez - we may have hated him for his theatrical skills but he can play and is dangerous at this level.

I believe we could get all 3 of them for under £3million or get season long loan deals. I would be happy with them 3 signings,we all hate the jacks but if they better our team lets have them

Thoughts?