Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IPSWICH FANS ASSUME ITS A DONE DEAL

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:30 am

http://www.twtd.co.uk/mb.php?m=v&t=51593#51593

Someone please tell me Chopras not going!!!!!

Re: IPSWICH FANS ASSUME ITS A DONE DEAL

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:32 am

Do you really think that Ipswich can pay £4.5 million upfront and pay more wages to Chopra than what we can. They are in a sounder financial position than us but noway will they pay more than £15,000 pw week wage

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:53 am

I cant really say its not going to happen but everything is for sale. I do find this one difficult to believe it will happen though for the following reasons:

1. The fee is quite high for a championship striker and the club are making it as difficult as possible for anyone who wants Chops. I'm told its all upfront which should put anyone off. If this is so then the club are doing everything to hold onto Chops but as I said everything is for sale.

2. I'm not convinced Chopra wants to go there. Cardiff is where Chops is happy and it would take a big pay rise to entice him away. Saying that though Keane looked after Chops at Sunderland. Alot of guys say he did not give him the chance there but everyone forgets Chops had problems off the pitch. He was allowed to sort himself out under Keane and when his problems were over Keane put him back in the side where he did score some important goals. Also take into account Chops came to us after Keane was sacked at Sunderland. Chops struggled with the new regime there hence why he came to us.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Ipswich are hoping to get £8m - £10m for young prospect - Wickham? :lol:

and we got £4.8 for Ramsey! :old:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Merlin wrote:Ipswich are hoping to get £8m - £10m for young prospect - Wickham? :lol:

and we got £4.8 for Ramsey! :old:

Ipswich rejected a 8m biD from tottenham for Wickham this morning ;) FACT