Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "EXCLUSIVE" - "THE VERY LAST ONE"

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:55 am

while I agree there will be caution by TG & Vincent Tan until they are 100% sure they have the full picture of the mess they have inherited I also dont believe they have taken a strategic shareholding to hang around the Championship. I believe come 1st July we will have some hopefully positive news, remember there are 500 players out of contract already and realism is slowly creeping back into football :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:09 pm

I haven't been online for a while , and didn't like the title of this thread. Carl's exclusives give us a lot of info and offer a great insight into our club. I'm glad it's just till we're members only again or I might have started buying the Eggo again

Re: EXCLUSIVE - THE VERY LAST ONE

Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Merlin wrote:
carlccfc wrote:The day TG spoke of a top 2 finish excited people and had fans suddenly believing that it would mean big money signings, then the Bellamy story broke adding fuel to the fire.

Carl, did the Malaysians already know about this debt when they invested? and before they spoke to DJ ?

Craig yes they knew of the debt before investing, I am just telling everyone that I believe we have got carried away with TG's 'Top 2' statement and we have assumed that there will be big money signings. The Bellamy story is true and City have held talks but will only take the deal on if it suits City.

I am pointing out that unless they pump more money in then there is no money to buy players so therefore we would have to raise funds from other sources.

Thanks Carl.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Not very long ago , we were all concerned about admin / winding up. Then came the play-offs which built alot of optmism. The play-off final was a massive disappoitment , but I truly believe we are starting next season on a much better footing than last season.
We may not go up , we may not even reach the play-offs but I think our long-term future is looking much better. Lets get "our house in order" first. We would all have accepted a club with a future months ago. I know the play-off final was utter shit , but think long term and you'll see a much better future !!!!!!!!!!!
We can not expect TG and co to bankroll a ride to the Premier League , we need to have a self sufficient club !!

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:Not very long ago , we were all concerned about admin / winding up. Then came the play-offs which built alot of optmism. The play-off final was a massive disappoitment , but I truly believe we are starting next season on a much better footing than last season.
We may not go up , we may not even reach the play-offs but I think our long-term future is looking much better. Lets get "our house in order" first. We would all have accepted a club with a future months ago. I know the play-off final was utter shit , but think long term and you'll see a much better future !!!!!!!!!!!
We can not expect TG and co to bankroll a ride to the Premier League , we need to have a self sufficient club !!

I agree 100% - when you see the state of the country, football has been playing catch up in the last year or two. Just watch the shit hit the fan in the next year with football clubs and we will be in pole position to take full advantage in the coming seasons. I just have a good feeling about our club and the people in control of financial matters. Just have some faith lads things will work out big style for us.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:15 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:Not very long ago , we were all concerned about admin / winding up. Then came the play-offs which built alot of optmism. The play-off final was a massive disappoitment , but I truly believe we are starting next season on a much better footing than last season.

I agree 100% - when you see the state of the country, football has been playing catch up in the last year or two. Just watch the shit hit the fan in the next year with football clubs and we will be in pole position to take full advantage in the coming seasons. I just have a good feeling about our club and the people in control of financial matters. Just have some faith lads things will work out big style for us.

Exactly the point I was trying to make ... you just said it better.
I think there is a lot of hidden debt in football. We are getting our debts out in the open and hopefully they are being dealt with. There may be a lot more for other clubs to deal with and that could leave us , as you say , "in pole position!

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:48 am

Surely this is a positive thing for the club :ayatollah:

TG being very thorough in things from the off - specially with the finances being in as much of a mess as they are!

If this means for a season or 2 we have to make do with middle of the table and not top place from the word go then so be it - I would rather sell some players now to get things on the straight for when we do go for the top place the club is as a whole and stable financially overall - meaning we have more chance succeding in top flight and remaining there.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:06 pm

CHEERS CARL :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: