Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"EXCLUSIVE" - "THE VERY LAST ONE"

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Before this board becomes a members only board again. So if you wish to keep reading the latest on all that is Cardiff City FC then sign up to the best forum available http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

"I can tell you all that the money to pay the tax bill went into the account of the HMRC yesterday" and we are now up to date with our taxes and the transfer embargo will be now be lifted off the club. Great news indeed :ayatollah: but as I have told you previously there are other concerns to the Malaysians but the tax bill was obviously the most pressing.

The Malaysians, we know invested £6 million into the club and that money has been used previously to help pay wages and costs and now to settle the outstanding tax bill, which I believe stood at approx £2.7 million to date.

What is concerning me though, where is the money coming from to pay for borrowings we are committed to paying back this year.

Sam Hammam has still not received a penny from the Langston loan that he agreed to write down to help the club move forward 6 months ago and there is an agreement in place that if Sam does'nt receive the agreed figure before the end of the year the loan goes back to it's original amount of £24 million, fortunately for the club and us is Sam has been and continues to be very patient. Thus far Sam should have received 5 payments of £88,888 but has not yet had a penny.

There is also an agreement to pay back money to Paul Guy on a monthly basis on the borrowing we received for the building of the stadium.

Then there is the overseas company who are demanding their money back immediately on a loan they lent the club under Ridsdale's reign.

When we look at the big picture it does seem on the face of it that unless new money is raised from either sponsorship deals or the malaysians take more shares for more investment, I think we could have to sell players to fund our outgoings, now obviously that will leave Dave Jones feeling very unhappy if that is the case.

I know these are difficult times for everyone involved at the club and I know there are people working hard to clean up the mess that they didnt create but as I have said in a previous thread I am concerned that there are people in roles at the club without previous experience in the job they now accomadate. We are missing something at the club, something important, experience. I know people say ' you dont know the Burnley chaiman etc ' but what those people forget is we may not know his name and he may not be a celebrity but he has got the experience and what we must realise is we are missing a captain to lead our ship.

Re: EXCLUSIVE - THE VERY LAST ONE

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:41 pm

Yes Carl, its true and and fantastic news on one hand taken away by more debts to be paid off.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonl ... -26616104/ :evil:

Re: "EXCLUSIVE" - "THE VERY LAST ONE"

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Very interesting, a lot of people will be wondering where the money from season ticket sales received last December went?! How did we fritter away the money most clubs use to finance a whole season when nothing tangible seems to have come of it?!

Only at our club :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:Before this board becomes a members only board again. So if you wish to keep reading the latest on all that is Cardiff City FC then sign up to the best forum available http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

"I can tell you all that the money to pay the tax bill went into the account of the HMRC yesterday" and we are now up to date with our taxes and the transfer embargo will be now be lifted off the club. Great news indeed :ayatollah: but as I have told you previously there are other concerns to the Malaysians but the tax bill was obviously the most pressing.

The Malaysians, we know invested £6 million into the club and that money has been used previously to help pay wages and costs and now to settle the outstanding tax bill, which I believe stood at approx £2.7 million to date.

What is concerning me though, where is the money coming from to pay for borrowings we are committed to paying back this year.

Sam Hammam has still not received a penny from the Langston loan that he agreed to write down to help the club move forward 6 months ago and there is an agreement in place that if Sam does'nt receive the agreed figure before the end of the year the loan goes back to it's original amount of £24 million, fortunately for the club and us is Sam has been and continues to be very patient. Thus far Sam should have received 5 payments of £88,888 but has not yet had a penny.

There is also an agreement to pay back money to Paul Guy on a monthly basis on the borrowing we received for the building of the stadium.

Then there is the overseas company who are demanding their money back immediately on a loan they lent the club under Ridsdale's reign.

When we look at the big picture it does seem on the face of it that unless new money is raised from either sponsorship deals or the malaysians take more shares for more investment, I think we could have to sell players to fund our outgoings, now obviously that will leave Dave Jones feeling very unhappy if that is the case.

I know these are difficult times for everyone involved at the club and I know there are people working hard to clean up the mess that they didnt create but as I have said in a previous thread I am concerned that there are people in roles at the club without previous experience in the job they now accomadate. We are missing something at the club, something important, experience. I know people say ' you dont know the Burnley chaiman etc ' but what those people forget is we may not know his name and he may not be a celebrity but he has got the experience and what we must realise is we are missing a captain to lead our ship.

carl

this latest debt was known to the malaysians and has not just appeared out of the woodwork.
people should be reminded that when steve went to malaysia he was astounded to find out that the malaysians knew more about the clubs real debts and the true value of players contracts.
they uncovered all the debt that the riddler had tried to keep secret from them and the rest of the board.
does anyone really believe that the malaysians have gone into this with their eyes shut.
i can assure you that they laid an investment plan and another plan to service the clubs debts in front of steve and paul guy prior to getting all shareholders and debtors agreements to them taking the share of the club.
this is just another example of our local rag printing a story because they have no other news leaking out of the club to fill their pages at the moment.
take our friend terrys piece of crap about dave jones today as an example. although in fairness to terry it must be hard trying to get back to writing his own pieces now as the riddler was obviously writing them for him the last 3 years.
remenber that players contracts expire on the 30th june and the club are obliged to pay them for a further month after that hence the reason that the transfer market is relativley quiet during the month of june

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:10 pm

This Cayman island debt, is this a so called "Ray Ranson scheme" that PR describes in his book "united we fall" in the chapter titled "dreams, greed & gambles"???

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:11 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:This Cayman island debt, is this a so called "Ray Ranson scheme" that PR describes in his book "united we fall" in the chapter titled "dreams, greed & gambles"???

The book Gethin Jenkins sells in Our Club Shop :lol:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:This Cayman island debt, is this a so called "Ray Ranson scheme" that PR describes in his book "united we fall" in the chapter titled "dreams, greed & gambles"???

The book Gethin Jenkins sells in Our Club Shop :lol:

Sorry Annis, & there is a bit of irony in that aswell. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Does this mean that we are definitely no longer under a transfer embargo or is it still in place for some other reason?

Mind you, I cannot recall any person at the club in any official capacity ever admitting that we were under a transfer embargo.

I can only remember the Riddler denying it at the Muni !! :lol:

Has there been any official acknowledgement of the embargo?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:30 pm

davids wrote:Does this mean that we are definitely no longer under a transfer embargo or is it still in place for some other reason?

Mind you, I cannot recall any person at the club in any official capacity ever admitting that we were under a transfer embargo.

I can only remember the Riddler denying it at the Muni !! :lol:

Has there been any official acknowledgement of the embargo?

the riddler denied it to me at the muni the lying b*stard
we have always been under an embargo until the tax was paid alan whitley admitted it at the first egm i think annis will confirm that

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Let's not forget where we are lads. It's a long road to recovery but today is a massive step forward. Yes, there are other debts and if it means we need to sell to cover them then so be it. At least we're making positive steps to dealing with the debt rather than sweeping it under the carpet.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:15 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Before this board becomes a members only board again. So if you wish to keep reading the latest on all that is Cardiff City FC then sign up to the best forum available http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

carl

this latest debt was known to the malaysians and has not just appeared out of the woodwork.
people should be reminded that when steve went to malaysia he was astounded to find out that the malaysians knew more about the clubs real debts and the true value of players contracts.
they uncovered all the debt that the riddler had tried to keep secret from them and the rest of the board.
does anyone really believe that the malaysians have gone into this with their eyes shut.
i can assure you that they laid an investment plan and another plan to service the clubs debts in front of steve and paul guy prior to getting all shareholders and debtors agreements to them taking the share of the club.
this is just another example of our local rag printing a story because they have no other news leaking out of the club to fill their pages at the moment.
take our friend terrys piece of crap about dave jones today as an example. although in fairness to terry it must be hard trying to get back to writing his own pieces now as the riddler was obviously writing them for him the last 3 years.
remenber that players contracts expire on the 30th june and the club are obliged to pay them for a further month after that hence the reason that the transfer market is relativley quiet during the month of june

Correct Steve the point was I making was to show fans the mess that has been left behind and the reason why I believe there will be no big money signings that some fans think could happen, I am just showing the reality of the situation we are in. I now the Malaysians have done their homework and believe with patience they will get us to where we need to be, in terms of financial stability and the Premiership. :thumbup:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:11 pm

I'd imagine TG has already spoken to Sam and deal isn't to far off.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:06 pm

stickywicket wrote:I'd imagine TG has already spoken to Sam and deal isn't to far off.

No he hasnt lately but Sam is coming over hear This month to sort it out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:10 pm

steve davies wrote:

carl

There are two things that I find a bit disappointing about recent fundraising/debt conversion.

Firstly , that existing shareholders only subscribed to £130k of the £2m available to them under the recent issue offer.Plus of course Steve B and Alan W using their stadium completion bonuses to subscribe to £100k worth each. I know that having to buy a minimum of £1,000 each may have put off some of the smaller shareholders in these difficult financial times but some of the other shareholders weren`t exactly rushing to put their hands in their pockets (talking to some of them at the EGM , they wouldn`t while PR was still in post).

Secondly , I don`t understand why the club hasn`t taken up its option to convert a further £2.7m of the PMG debt into shares as this would save a hell of a lot in interest and capital being paid.That`s not having a go at PMG at all , I just don`t see why the club wouldn`t want to clear a big chunk of debt in this way ASAP.

This further big debt which the Echo suggested had just been discovered.Wasn`t this the one found by Gambit when they carried out the finance review for Paul Guy?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:14 pm

since62 wrote:This further big debt which the Echo suggested had just been discovered.Wasn`t this the one found by Gambit when they carried out the finance review for Paul Guy?

This is my understanding Keith, that the debt is the £3.8million Ridsdale took out against the value of our players that no other directors knew about and subsequently appeared in the Gambit report.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Is that risdale on the beach or is it him on the yacht.
It looks as if TG HAS INDEED GONE INTO THE CLUBS FINANCES WITH A FINE TOOTHCOMB
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonl ... -26616104/

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:50 pm

We appear to have paid the HMRC off a week or so earlier than was expected. I seem to recall a post saying, along the lines of, 'we will pay the tax due when it is due. Why give it know when it can earn interest in our account.'

Would there be any thread in the fact that we have paid it off early in order to lift the transfer embargo early ie Do we need, or are we signing players within the next week which we would not have been able to do if the tax had not been paid until then?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:55 pm

carlccfc wrote:Correct Steve the point was I making was to show fans the mess that has been left behind and the reason why I believe there will be no big money signings that some fans think could happen, I am just showing the reality of the situation we are in. I now the Malaysians have done their homework and believe with patience they will get us to where we need to be, in terms of financial stability and the Premiership. :thumbup:

IF this new debt was already known to the Malaysians BEFORE they invested and since then they have agreed to DJ's list and have talked about a top two finish, why are there now fears about needing to sell before buying?

We all thought this would be the case when they came in but then all of a sudden the noises were about keeping the squad and strengthening. What has happened to change these thoughts?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:59 pm

Still flat broke wrote:We appear to have paid the HMRC off a week or so earlier than was expected. I seem to recall a post saying, along the lines of, 'we will pay the tax due when it is due. Why give it know when it can earn interest in our account.'

Would there be any thread in the fact that we have paid it off early in order to lift the transfer embargo early ie Do we need, or are we signing players within the next week which we would not have been able to do if the tax had not been paid until then?

players contracts tend to run from June to June so I would imagine that the market will be quiet for now coz a lot of free's and Bosman's will emerge on 1st July :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Wayne S wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Correct Steve the point was I making was to show fans the mess that has been left behind and the reason why I believe there will be no big money signings that some fans think could happen, I am just showing the reality of the situation we are in. I now the Malaysians have done their homework and believe with patience they will get us to where we need to be, in terms of financial stability and the Premiership. :thumbup:

IF this new debt was already known to the Malaysians BEFORE they invested and since then they have agreed to DJ's list and have talked about a top two finish, why are there now fears about needing to sell before buying?

We all thought this would be the case when they came in but then all of a sudden the noises were about keeping the squad and strengthening. What has happened to change these thoughts?

The day TG spoke of a top 2 finish excited people and had fans suddenly believing that it would mean big money signings, then the Bellamy story broke adding fuel to the fire.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Is this one reason why we could end up selling chopra then? are we that desperate that we need the money now? im really gutted about this, nothing is going right for us ....dont want another season of selling players and not buying any new ones......chris :cry: t this is depressing news

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:14 pm

hughesygirl wrote:Is this one reason why we could end up selling chopra then? are we that desperate that we need the money now? im really gutted about this, nothing is going right for us ....dont want another season of selling players and not buying any new ones......chris :cry: t this is depressing news

The news is telling you that we are not going to be run like Man City or Chelsea and that there are debts that need paying or the club's position will worsen financially. It is not a downer as more being realistic.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

The day TG spoke of a top 2 finish excited people and had fans suddenly believing that it would mean big money signings, then the Bellamy story broke adding fuel to the fire.

Carl, did the Malaysians already know about this debt when they invested? and before they spoke to DJ ?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

That's what I'm talking about, all the news seemed exceptionally positive and the Bellamy story NOT being squashed made the fans even more positive. This is now at odds with the new fears concerning selling before buying and nothing had happened for this change of thoughts, well nothing WE have heard about.

On a lighter note, have you got a nice juicy inside story ready and waiting for when the board goes member only? :D

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:29 pm

How are we suppose to work at getting in to automatics next season if we cant buy players.......our good players are slowly going one by one This is fatal.......so much for DJ's wish list eh!!!! :cry:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:42 pm

hughesygirl wrote:How are we suppose to work at getting in to automatics next season if we cant buy players.......our good players are slowly going one by one This is fatal.......so much for DJ's wish list eh!!!! :cry:

Who's been confirmed as going........

anyway, back to the point - did TG know about this debt that Ridsdale had created ? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Merlin wrote:anyway, back to the point - did TG know about this debt that Ridsdale had created ? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Steve Davies wrote:this latest debt was known to the malaysians and has not just appeared out of the woodwork.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Wayne....Melin was tired...didnt have his head screwed on properly i think :oops: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Merlin wrote:
carlccfc wrote:The day TG spoke of a top 2 finish excited people and had fans suddenly believing that it would mean big money signings, then the Bellamy story broke adding fuel to the fire.

Carl, did the Malaysians already know about this debt when they invested? and before they spoke to DJ ?

Craig yes they knew of the debt before investing, I am just telling everyone that I believe we have got carried away with TG's 'Top 2' statement and we have assumed that there will be big money signings. The Bellamy story is true and City have held talks but will only take the deal on if it suits City.

I am pointing out that unless they pump more money in then there is no money to buy players so therefore we would have to raise funds from other sources.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Lads, TG and Co have come into the club with their eyes wide open.
I don't believe there are any surprises. I think they have paid the tax
Bill a bit early so DJ can get cracking in the transfer market. TG has
Said he wants a top two finish and I do not in any way think he's
Naïve enough to say anything just for the sake of it. TG will have a
Plan to sort out our debts AND strengthen the squad. Of that I have
No doubt. Let's not go back into negative mode eh? Let's show at
Least a modicum of faith in the Malaysians!!!