Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: gethin and dislike of the valleys

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:42 pm

steve davies wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:Careful gentlemen, can't have too many people disagreeing with the party line on this MB.

It is becoming embarrasing and clearly now a personal vendetta against our clubs new CEO.

Unsubstantiated rumour and innuendo which the foot soldiers swallow up hook, line and sinker.

I've questioned all the rumours on here and have still not received any facts to substantiate them, just the usual "sniper" remarks, abusive PM's and my own messages tampered with, then removed.

Intelligent, reasoned debate? No chance!!

read all the posts claude and by all means debate
do you not find it remotley debatable that a man would keep two soul crew books in his shop of which most city fans associate football violence with but not stock a book that does not glorify football violence in any way but tries to portray how different sets of fans from valleys that were at odds with each other over the years came together under the guise of the rams.
whats the saying claude "never judge a book by its cover" well he just did which allows us to judge him by his cover which does not seem to be to some peoples tastes.
its his hasty decision which worries me nothing more than that i expected better judgement from a man in his position.

It does seem strange.

Are any of the books in there now though? I thought they had all been taken out a couple of months back?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:46 pm

I think most valley guys on here , myself included , given time to think things over have realized that Jenkins WANST having a dig at Valley supporters but he did remove a book without any explanation other than " it wasnt appropriate " . Ive not been down the shop recently but I cant imagine Annis's books being any less appropriate than Gwyn's really which dont make sense to me , so why are they still on the shelves while the Rams book aint then ? Plus if Jenkins was totally anti - valley then he wouldnt be running with the "I 'll be there " theme for the tickets etc would he , maybe theres more to it than this and he's got an issue with big Gwyn ? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:48 pm

owain

he offered to re stock the soul crew books but not the rams one after steve borley gave permission to annis to re stock the shop with all three and after the shop management had requested the three books back.
he would give no explanation other than his dislike of the front cover.
its not for people to vilify the guy but his strange behaviour does not bode well as this club has just about had its fill of its my way or no way merchants over the last few years

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:I think most valley guys on here , myself included , given time to think things over have realized that Jenkins WANST having a dig at Valley supporters but he did remove a book without any explanation other than " it wasnt appropriate " . Ive not been down the shop recently but I cant imagine Annis's books being any less appropriate than Gwyn's really which dont make sense to me , so why are they still on the shelves while the Rams book aint then ? Plus if Jenkins was totally anti - valley then he wouldnt be running with the "I 'll be there " theme for the tickets etc would he , maybe theres more to it than this and he's got an issue with big Gwyn ? :ayatollah:

i think you got it there martyn defo jealous of gwyns looks and quick wit repartee :lol:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:53 pm

At last!!!

Weren't the two "soul crew" books removed from the shop earlier this year?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 pm

steve davies wrote:owain

he offered to re stock the soul crew books but not the rams one after steve borley gave permission to annis to re stock the shop with all three and after the shop management had requested the three books back.
he would give no explanation other than his dislike of the front cover.
its not for people to vilify the guy but his strange behaviour does not bode well as this club has just about had its fill of its my way or no way merchants over the last few years

Ok that makes more sense.

Cheers

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Claude Blue wrote:At last!!!

Weren't the two "soul crew" books removed from the shop earlier this year?

yes but only because annis instigated a vote of no confidence in the chairman at the egm.
the books were removed as a retaliatory measure by the riddler the next day.
the thing is claude he is now willing to put the two soul crew books back into the shop but not the valley rams book.
out of respect to gwyn and his feelings annis has quite rightly said all books or no books.
its a strange one to me this why should he not want the least offensive book in the shop out of the three.
most people walking into a new job bearing in mind his background would spend the first few weeks sussing out the territory.
it just seems a strange way to try and stamp your mark on the club bearing in mind the vice chairman has given his blessing along with the shop management to re stock all three books

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:03 pm

its obvious then that pictures of Policemen dont do it for Jenkins , coz u look at all 3 books and ther only thing that stands out on the covers is the Old Bill . It cant be the titles coz Soul Crew are more well known around the UK than the Rams are .