Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sorry Gethin but I don't get it.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Sorry but I can't get my head around the actions of Gethin Jenkins this week and since he hasn't come out to give any whys or reason then people can only speculate.

He's picked on two individuals in particular namely Annis and Gwyn. But why though? Both these people were very supportive of the new CEO. For a start I don't buy in to the not appropriate for Cardiff City FC excuse simply because that book is such a million miles away from anything that could be considered inappropriate. If Gethin was a City fan as he claims then he would know this anyway. What is inappropriate though is to sell Ridsdale's book. This begs the question of Gethin's thinking here. Is he telling of a club that still backs Ridsdale as apposed to us fans? I say this because Gethin might only be acting on what others at the club have been saying to him.

Again only speculating but is he firing a shot across the bows of Gwyn and Annis to say I run this club not you? If that is his thinking then again that is so far away from reality that it is laughable. Neither of these lads want to tell anyone how to run or not how to run the football club. They only stepped in and organised a march when there was no other alternative, it was backs against the wall time. It wasn't just the march either, they did lots of untold things behind the scenes as well and without want of any reward other than to see Cardiff City FC servive. Is Gethin saying that Ridsdale was right about the way he was running the club?

How it looks to me is there was a few good men who saved this club from going out of business and the thanks they've had is a quick slap in the face. Ridsdale's done alright, he's filled his boots, got his book on sale and it's happy days for him. All the things these good men did have been forgotten about without even a thank you. The people who were crying and secretly begging for things to be done to rid the club of the tyrant have now all gone quiet. Well if that's the case, the next time the club is going to the wall by the hands of an asset stripping tyrant call someone else, maybe Claude Blue might have a few ideas. Maybe the likes of Gwyn and Annis should just save their time and energy for the rebuilding stage of AFC Cardiff and say f**k you to the people crying for help to save the club, go and ask Gethin Jenkins and the likes of him for help. They are lucky they've got a club shop to sell Ridsdales book in or even a club left to employ new CEO's. If it wasn't for these lads the club wouldn't be here now and anyone who don't realise that needs to get their head out of their arses and take a reality check.

Re: Sorry Gethin but I don't get it.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:20 pm

TOP POST!Strange to see,as pointed out in another thread,that the Official Site wants real football fans to tell real football stories for a new book!!!Looks like Gethin was clearing the space ready for this in the Shop and will probably take credit for a new marvellous idea!I know its early days but i neither trust him or like him already............. :roll:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:57 pm

kavanagh wrote:TOP POST!Strange to see,as pointed out in another thread,that the Official Site wants real football fans to tell real football stories for a new book!!!Looks like Gethin was clearing the space ready for this in the Shop and will probably take credit for a new marvellous idea!I know its early days but i neither trust him or like him already............. :roll:

Gethin has done this REAL thing to be Sarcastic :roll:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
kavanagh wrote:TOP POST!Strange to see,as pointed out in another thread,that the Official Site wants real football fans to tell real football stories for a new book!!!Looks like Gethin was clearing the space ready for this in the Shop and will probably take credit for a new marvellous idea!I know its early days but i neither trust him or like him already............. :roll:

Well maybe he could sarcastically ask REAL share holders and REAL directors and REAL creditors for their stories of how they were shitting themselves that they'd lose the lot to the hands of Ridsdale. Funny how they've all gone quiet now they are safe.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:08 pm

VBoy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well maybe he could sarcastically ask REAL share holders and REAL directors and REAL creditors for their stories of how they were shitting themselves that they'd lose the lot to the hands of Ridsdale. Funny how they've all gone quiet now they are safe.

Very True, That word "NOT APPROPRIATE" keeps going over in my mind :roll: Yes I was very supportive of him on his arrival.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:14 pm

VBoy wrote:How it looks to me is there was a few good men who saved this club from going out of business and the thanks they've had is a quick slap in the face.

Surely you are not serious?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 pm

VBoy wrote:Sorry but I can't get my head around the actions of Gethin Jenkins this week and since he hasn't come out to give any whys or reason then people can only speculate.

He's picked on two individuals in particular namely Annis and Gwyn. But why though? Both these people were very supportive of the new CEO. For a start I don't buy in to the not appropriate for Cardiff City FC excuse simply because that book is such a million miles away from anything that could be considered inappropriate. If Gethin was a City fan as he claims then he would know this anyway. What is inappropriate though is to sell Ridsdale's book. This begs the question of Gethin's thinking here. Is he telling of a club that still backs Ridsdale as apposed to us fans? I say this because Gethin might only be acting on what others at the club have been saying to him.

Again only speculating but is he firing a shot across the bows of Gwyn and Annis to say I run this club not you? If that is his thinking then again that is so far away from reality that it is laughable. Neither of these lads want to tell anyone how to run or not how to run the football club. They only stepped in and organised a march when there was no other alternative, it was backs against the wall time. It wasn't just the march either, they did lots of untold things behind the scenes as well and without want of any reward other than to see Cardiff City FC servive. Is Gethin saying that Ridsdale was right about the way he was running the club?

How it looks to me is there was a few good men who saved this club from going out of business and the thanks they've had is a quick slap in the face. Ridsdale's done alright, he's filled his boots, got his book on sale and it's happy days for him. All the things these good men did have been forgotten about without even a thank you. The people who were crying and secretly begging for things to be done to rid the club of the tyrant have now all gone quiet. Well if that's the case, the next time the club is going to the wall by the hands of an asset stripping tyrant call someone else, maybe Claude Blue might have a few ideas. Maybe the likes of Gwyn and Annis should just save their time and energy for the rebuilding stage of AFC Cardiff and say f**k you to the people crying for help to save the club, go and ask Gethin Jenkins and the likes of him for help. They are lucky they've got a club shop to sell Ridsdales book in or even a club left to employ new CEO's. If it wasn't for these lads the club wouldn't be here now and anyone who don't realise that needs to get their head out of their arses and take a reality check.

I followed most of your thread until you got to the "slap in the face" bit for the "few good men who saved this club".

The club`s saviours are still heavily involved (S Borley ,A Whiteley , P Guy etc.as well as the Malaysians they brought in).They were badly let down in some areas by the previous management they themselves put in office , but I can`t see how they have been treated as you claim by the new regime as they are that regime themselves.

Or are you suggesting that it was Gwyn and Annis that saved the club? Both are very loyal and true fans of the club , but neither would ever claim to be the ones who "saved" it . So I just don`t follow your logic.

Keith

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Well Gwyn and I are Def Not Suggesting it :lol:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Easy really Keith, they saved it by helping to shift Ridsdale. The names you mentioned seemed quite clueless on how to shift him until the fans got involved.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:34 pm

since62 wrote:
VBoy wrote:Sorry but I can't get my head around the actions of Gethin Jenkins this week and since he hasn't come out to give any whys or reason then people can only speculate.

I followed most of your thread until you got to the "slap in the face" bit for the "few good men who saved this club".

The club`s saviours are still heavily involved (S Borley ,A Whiteley , P Guy etc.as well as the Malaysians they brought in).They were badly let down in some areas by the previous management they themselves put in office , but I can`t see how they have been treated as you claim by the new regime as they are that regime themselves.

Or are you suggesting that it was Gwyn and Annis that saved the club? Both are very loyal and true fans of the club , but neither would ever claim to be the ones who "saved" it . So I just don`t follow your logic.

Keith

I don't follow the logic either Keith. I'm in total shock at the suggestion they saved the club. Yes they did their bit to help get rid of Ridsdale, like many other fans did, but to suggest they saved the club is laughable!!

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:35 pm

VBoy wrote:Easy really Keith, they saved it by helping to shift Ridsdale. The names you mentioned seemed quite clueless on how to shift him until the fans got involved.

I think you are using more than a bit of poetic licence here Vboy.

Yes Annis and Gwyn and plenty of others got off their arses and staged a well intentioned march to show the media/board the strength of feeling against PRs handling of CCFC but I remember at the time Steve Borley stating that advanced talks were underway and to keep the demo peaceful so as not to jeopardise negotiations.

I did not back the march but Annis and Gwyn deserve credit for the peaceful, well behaved nature of the march, but neither Gwyn or Annis are claiming to be saviours...I dont think ...lol

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:42 pm

V Boy, contents are prob being taken the wrong way. Forget that suggestion, other than that a Good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Hang on this thread seemed to have a bit of a TRUST invasion. What happened? Did they have a meeting where they proposed and seconded another meeting where they tabled the idea of coming on this thread?
Then after waiting and seeing, reserving judgement and giving due consideration someone fed them a slice of ForFuckSakeDoSomething cake (available at all good cake shops) and they dived on here to give a stern reply? :lol:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:46 pm

VBoy wrote:Hang on this thread seemed to have a bit of a TRUST invasion. What happened? Did they have a meeting where they proposed and seconded another meeting where they tabled the idea of coming on this thread?
Then after waiting and seeing, reserving judgement and giving due consideration someone fed them a slice of ForFuckSakeDoSomething cake (available at all good cake shops) and they dived on here to give a stern reply? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Eddie May wrote:gup, you havent though said anything about the mans attitude every post youve done is sticking up from him, yet he wont even meet gwyn and explain to him ??

i cant comment on the mans attitude as i have never met him so it would be wrong for me to slate him on the grounds that others say he is a tosser,that would be weak and wrong of me,if he starts to be a numpty down the city then i will kane him as the facts will be there.i do not know the man,my posts are positive towards him due to the fact he deserves a chance to do a the job,so thats why i say give him a chance to prove what character he is,the books are widely available so i find that trivial he removed them.As for meeting gwyn thats their problem to sort,not the whole message board,i am honest and i am fair,i think everyone deserves a chance,i think he does

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:15 pm

very few people have met him yet hes now the devils child, based on what people have heard ?

come on lads this is daft

we have jumped from wanting to get rid of ridsdale ( thank god !! ) to trying to run the new CEO out of town because hes probably made the wrong call and he comes from a rugby background !

hes a city fan isnt he ?

but thats not good enough , what was the suggestion the other day ...check over the ticket details on the database to check if hes actually been down here recently ?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:59 pm

he has not made the best start has he. banning gwyns book ( ridiculous) and the fact that he comes from a rugby backround (i dont trust egg chasers) does not give me much hope that he can take our club to bigger and better things. but i do think we should let him get on with his job at the end day time will tell

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:18 pm

"If it wasn't for these lads the club wouldn't be here now and anyone who don't realise that needs to get their head out of their arses and take a reality check."

:lol:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:21 pm

bluebirdtom wrote:"If it wasn't for these lads the club wouldn't be here now and anyone who don't realise that needs to get their head out of their arses and take a reality check."

:lol:

that is a bit daft fair play although annis has said he hasnt suggested anything of the sort

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Sludge wrote:very few people have met him yet hes now the devils child, based on what people have heard ?

come on lads this is daft

we have jumped from wanting to get rid of ridsdale ( thank god !! ) to trying to run the new CEO out of town because hes probably made the wrong call and he comes from a rugby background !

hes a city fan isnt he ?

but thats not good enough , what was the suggestion the other day ...check over the ticket details on the database to check if hes actually been down here recently ?

Agree.

The guy has been hung drawn and quartered after 5 minutes in the job.

The old addage of ' you can please some of the people some of the time...' etc.

Let's judge the guy after he's been in the job for at least 12 months.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
VBoy wrote:Hang on this thread seemed to have a bit of a TRUST invasion. What happened? Did they have a meeting where they proposed and seconded another meeting where they tabled the idea of coming on this thread?

Funny story he has now arranged to meet the trust NEXT WEEK lol :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:54 pm

VBoy wrote:Easy really Keith, they saved it by helping to shift Ridsdale. The names you mentioned seemed quite clueless on how to shift him until the fans got involved.

That`s simply not true though.

Ask either Carl or Steve Davies as to whether the other stakeholders in the club had already started plans for the Chairman`s removal.

I have nothing against the march (I was on it) but it wasn`t what got PR removed.

Keith

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Funny story he has now arranged to meet the trust NEXT WEEK lol :lol: :lol:

The meeting with the Trust was confirmed on 2 June. The idea of a meeting was put to him by me at the EGM on 27 May during a very quick chat of no more than a few minutes but he indicated it was unlikely to be able to be held for 3 or 4 weeks as he wanted time to settle into his new job first.

I am not sure how these timings tie in (if at all) with the decison over Gwyn`s book - I don`t think the 2 events are linked at all and I have no idea of the date when you or Gwyn spoke to him about the book.

Keith

Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:19 am

i'm sure the real reason will come out, these things usualy do. its wrong though whatever way you look at it.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:28 am

since62 wrote:

That`s simply not true though.

Ask either Carl or Steve Davies as to whether the other stakeholders in the club had already started plans for the Chairman`s removal.

I have nothing against the march (I was on it) but it wasn`t what got PR removed.

Keith

^^^^^^^^^^^

great march , well attended , like keith I went on it

but it didnt get rid of ridsdale , he was already on his way