Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

first game

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:52 pm

mine was wales 3 scotland 0 1979 toshack's perfect hatrick. stood in grandstand enclosure next to grange end, i was only 8 all i really remember was a jock trying pickpocket my dad and the bob bank chanting Argentina. anyone got a copy of game lol

Re: first game

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Cardiff City v Arsenal, Jan 1969. An hour on the bus from Aberdare with some pals from Aberdare Boys' Grammar School. Boring 0-0 draw but I was hooked ever since.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:11 am

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:mine was wales 3 scotland 0 1979 toshack's perfect hatrick. stood in grandstand enclosure next to grange end, i was only 8 all i really remember was a jock trying pickpocket my dad and the bob bank chanting Argentina. anyone got a copy of game lol

I remember that game well, afterwards we were drinking with a load of Scottish fans in the Pontygwindy in Caerphilly, what a night!

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:32 am

At Cardiff City, Mine was Cardiff City 1 Bolton 0 Gill Reece 1972/73 Season, Crowd about 9,300 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I stood on the Bob Bank with my Grandfather :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
At Bury T it was Bury v Man Utd Reserves (Bury were My Grandfathers team)lol 1972. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: