Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Merthyr Tydfil/Merthyr Town - What's going on?

Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:16 pm

Hey all,

I have to admit all of this has passed me by and I don't know how. What's the current predicament and situation with Merthyr? Did Annis try and buy them?

Thanks all

Re: Merthyr Tydfil/Merthyr Town - What's going on?

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Annis was unsuccessfully bid for Merthyr Tydfil, they folded and are now Merthyr Town who play two leagues lower in the Western League.

They failed to get the lease to Penydarren Park so will play at Taffswell tempory

Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:40 pm

It hasn't yet been decided what divison of The Western league Merthyr are going to be playing in next year. There is a ground inspection of Tafs Well a week tomorrow by the league and the FA. At best, the Premier division. At worst, the first division. More than likely we'll be playing in the first division.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Thank you all. That's a great shame. They've always been a tidy little club. Lets hope they're a phoenix from the flames. I know the lower leagues probably have a higher attendance but surely it would have been more beneficial (competitively and financially) to enter the LoW? I guess I may ahve answered my own question there.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:25 pm

shame isnt it, should never have happened