Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHO MADE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD OF MUSIC?

You may select 1 option

View results

MICHAEL JACKSON V ELVIS

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:59 pm

WHO DO YOU THINK MADE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD OF MUSIC

Re: MICHAEL JACKSON V ELVIS

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:01 pm

I can't even make the choice on this one.......i loved them both and they are both the biggest ever in this world!!!!

so not voting....cant compare them

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:35 pm

i think jackson has influenced more people

Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Elvis

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:58 am

Both Legends, both years ahead of their time and I am lucky enough to have seen both live and can't split them just feel priviliged to have been around when they were. I have Elvis full discography in my music collection together with two binders full of original score and also have Michael Jacksons full discography just loved them both. They live on with their music.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:26 am

Musically speaking I'd say MJ all day long as he wrote his own songs, Elvis was just WHITE, good looking and could sing...Elvis wasn't even the best rock n roller at his prime...... but he had "the look"... if Chuck Berry had been white and good looking you'd all be saying Elvis who?!

Chuck Berry/Buddy Holly >>>>>> Elvis .................FACT. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:20 am

gary glitter gave us some good music , but would you vote for HIM ? thought so :? :?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:36 am

How can you compare THERE IS ONLY ONE KING "ELVIS" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:38 am

chippy909 wrote:WHO DO YOU THINK MADE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD OF MUSIC

Without Doubt "ELVIS PRESLEY"

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:

sorry Annis i have to disagree :lol: :lol:

Michael Jackson every time :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:40 am

chippy909 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

sorry Annis i have to disagree :lol: :lol:

Michael Jackson every time :ayatollah:

Chippy you cant compare, ELVIS IS THE ONE and only undisputed king of Pop/Rock and Roll :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:42 am

Bigbluebird wrote:Musically speaking I'd say MJ all day long as he wrote his own songs, Elvis was just WHITE, good looking and could sing...Elvis wasn't even the best rock n roller at his prime...... but he had "the look"... if Chuck Berry had been white and good looking you'd all be saying Elvis who?!

Chuck Berry/Buddy Holly >>>>>> Elvis .................FACT. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

michael jacksons best selling album thriller was written and produced by quincy jones and not michael.
Elvis is still selling millions of records every year 33 years after his death

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:43 am

I can compare if I want to :lol: :lol:

They are both brilliant and done wondeful with music.

Don't make me and Carl angry now :lol: :lol:

MJ THE KING :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:14 pm

elvis :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:Musically speaking I'd say MJ all day long as he wrote his own songs, Elvis was just WHITE, good looking and could sing...Elvis wasn't even the best rock n roller at his prime...... but he had "the look"... if Chuck Berry had been white and good looking you'd all be saying Elvis who?!

All true, but are you saying that Michael Jackson was not a good looking white lad ?

Both of them had flaws, MJ could write a good song but not much of a musician and EP did not write a song. But both got great songs but must be Elvis for me. 5:-)

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:45 pm

steve davies wrote:

michael jacksons best selling album thriller was written and produced by quincy jones and not michael.
Elvis is still selling millions of records every year 33 years after his death

You do know that MJ did more than " Thriller"???... he was a songwriter.... Elvis wasn't...he'd have been lost with out Carl Perkins....that is FACT. :lol: MJ will sell millions as well, as do John Lennon, Kurt Cobain what's your point?

My points stand.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:51 pm

chippy909 wrote:I can compare if I want to :lol: :lol:

They are both brilliant and done wondeful with music.

Don't make me and Carl angry now :lol: :lol:

MJ THE KING :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :cry:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Beatles would blow both of them out of the water

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:06 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Beatles would blow both of them out of the water

ELVIS, then Michael Jackson, Sorry then The Beatles.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Beatles, Elvis then Michael Jackson.

The Beatles had the talent, they could Write and play Guitar,Drums,Harmonica,Piano and whistle.

MJ could moon walk and EP could shake his hips.

But i think they are all good really but have all Beatle albums and a few Elvis. Long live Elvis :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:19 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Beatles, Elvis then Michael Jackson.

The Beatles had the talent, they could Write and play Guitar,Drums,Harmonica,Piano and whistle.

MJ could moon walk and EP could shake his hips.

But i think they are all good really but have all Beatle albums and a few Elvis. Long live Elvis :ayatollah:

Fair play :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:51 pm

Michael Jackson easily had more influence. He changed the way people danced, performed on stage, and made their music video. People are still influenced by Michael Jackson today.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:05 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Michael Jackson easily had more influence. He changed the way people danced, performed on stage, and made their music video. People are still influenced by Michael Jackson today.

You don't think Elvis inspired a entire generation?? seriously? Without Elvis there would have been no Beatles.

Without the likes of Booker T. Washington there'd be no Elvis...that's the way it goes...

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Agree.... must be because your from Llanrumney!!good taste!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:
ackers1927 wrote:Michael Jackson easily had more influence. He changed the way people danced, performed on stage, and made their music video. People are still influenced by Michael Jackson today.

You don't think Elvis inspired a entire generation?? seriously? Without Elvis there would have been no Beatles.

Without the likes of Booker T. Washington there'd be no Elvis...that's the way it goes...

Of course I think Elvis had a massive influence, but I think Michael Jackson took dancing and music videos to a different level.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Michael Jackson every time !

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:37 pm

elvis, the king of rock and roll.total bollocks.elvis was a ballard singer,95% of his hits were ballards.the king was label the press gave him.the real kings of rock and roll were little richard,chuck berry and yes they were black,the supreme skin colour when it comes to music just like mj. 8-) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:53 pm

lostcityboy wrote:elvis, the king of rock and roll.total bollocks.elvis was a ballard singer,95% of his hits were ballards.the king was label the press gave him.the real kings of rock and roll were little richard,chuck berry and yes they were black,the supreme skin colour when it comes to music just like mj. 8-) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Top post. Spot on. Though I did say it a few posts back!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:55 pm

bennieccfc wrote:Michael Jackson every time !

Your Carls Niece, No wonder :lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:32 pm

ackers1927 wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:

Of course I think Elvis had a massive influence, but I think Michael Jackson took dancing and music videos to a different level.

if you remember elvis was only filmed from the waist up in his early years so you cant really compare their dancing except to say they were both ahead of their times and also music video's were not around in elvis's times either.

for me elvis the beatles then michael jackson with prince a very close fourth