Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHO MADE A BIGGER IMPACT ON THE WORLD OF MUSIC?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: MICHAEL JACKSON V ELVIS

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:50 pm

steve davies wrote: if you remember elvis was only filmed from the waist up in his early years so you cant really compare their dancing except to say they were both ahead of their times and also music video's were not around in elvis's times either.

for me elvis the beatles then michael jackson with prince a very close fourth

Agree with that but 4th Buddy Holly! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The Beatles made the first music video!! :old:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Beatles (by a country mile) Elvis, then MJ

JBBJ

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:46 pm

dont care :lol:
elvis suits my kareoke style better,
but dont think theres any argument that michael jackson touched more people!!

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bennieccfc wrote:Michael Jackson every time !

Your Carls Niece, No wonder :lol:

Annis I bet you got Joanne to vote :lol:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bennieccfc wrote:Michael Jackson every time !

Your Carls Niece, No wonder :lol:

Annis I bet you got Joanne to vote :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Hey its a really close poll aint it! glad i'm not voteing 8-)

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:51 am

milly44 wrote:but dont think theres any argument that michael jackson touched more people!!

Mainly kids

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Cf39 wrote:
milly44 wrote:but dont think theres any argument that michael jackson touched more people!!

Mainly kids

:evil:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:02 pm

steve davies wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:Musically speaking I'd say MJ all day long as he wrote his own songs, Elvis was just WHITE, good looking and could sing...Elvis wasn't even the best rock n roller at his prime...... but he had "the look"... if Chuck Berry had been white and good looking you'd all be saying Elvis who?!

Chuck Berry/Buddy Holly >>>>>> Elvis .................FACT. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

michael jacksons best selling album thriller was written and produced by quincy jones and not michael.
Elvis is still selling millions of records every year 33 years after his death

Steve I missed this post and I have to correct you :

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' , The Girl Is Mine, Beat It and Billie Jean were all Written and composed by Michael Jackson.

Baby Be Mine, Thriller amd The Lady In My Life were written by Rod Temperton

P.Y.T was the only song that Quincy actualy had a hand in writing along with James Ingram

Human Nature incidentally was written by Steve Porcaro and John Bettis.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:52 am

both over rated massively

beatles the most influential band of modern times

but even they were influenced by the blues of the deep south

without the black music influences of blues and gospel elvis wouldnt have even been heard of

prince is far more talented than micheal jackson , prince can play numerous instruments and a producer and a writer

micheal jackson had his music written for him in many case snd produced by the world best in the industry

he could dance I suppose but after his first studio albums he went nowhere

I mean dirty diana is just a heavy metal guitar sound ( and a poor one at that ) with silly lyrics

not a fan

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:23 am

Sludge wrote:both over rated massively

beatles the most influential band of modern times

but even they were influenced by the blues of the deep south

without the black music influences of blues and gospel elvis wouldnt have even been heard of

prince is far more talented than micheal jackson , prince can play numerous instruments and a producer and a writer

micheal jackson had his music written for him in many case snd produced by the world best in the industry

he could dance I suppose but after his first studio albums he went nowhere

I mean dirty diana is just a heavy metal guitar sound ( and a poor one at that ) with silly lyrics

not a fan

got to agree with you about prince paul
ive seen several concerts from the early eighties and still the best gigs ever

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:30 am

[carlccfc"][="steve davies"]
Bigbluebird wrote:Musically speaking I'd say MJ all day long as he wrote his own songs, Elvis was just WHITE, good looking and could sing...Elvis wasn't even the best rock n roller at his prime...... but he had "the look"... if Chuck Berry had been white and good looking you'd all be saying Elvis who?!

Chuck Berry/Buddy Holly >>>>>> Elvis .................FACT. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/q

michael jacksons best selling album thriller was written and produced by quincy jones and not michael.
Elvis is still selling millions of records every year 33 years after his death

Steve I missed this post and I have to correct you :

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' , The Girl Is Mine, Beat It and Billie Jean were all Written and composed by Michael Jackson.

Baby Be Mine, Thriller amd The Lady In My Life were written by Rod Temperton

P.Y.T was the only song that Quincy actualy had a hand in writing along with James Ingram

Human Nature incidentally was written by Steve Porcaro and John Bettis.

carl look the album up on wikipedia and it tells you that michael assisted by producer quincy jone wrote four of the albums 9 tracks.
the point i was making about michael was that the thriller song, video and album elevated him on to a different level from where he was but he did not achieve that without help from other songwriters

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:27 am

JOHN LENNON/THE BEATLES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EVERYONE ELSE!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: