Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ENGLISH ARE NOT BRITISH. WE ARE!

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:15 pm

did you know the english are not british at all, the modern day meaning of the word british is just a joke... the original british were the prydeinig or brittanic people who were here 2000 years ago when the romans invaded... i.e. the welsh!!! this whole island was once welsh speaking and inhabited by welsh people... the earliest welsh language poetry comes from scotland!!! and many scottish place names are actually welsh [eg glasgow is actually glas cae, also dover was orginally dyfr, the welsh for water!!!] ........... so we, the real british people are constantly forced to call ourselves "welsh" [a saxon word meaning foreigner, which is what the cheeky fuckers called us in our own country] in order to distinguish ourselves from the english invaders who- the cheeky fuckers as they are- have taken our name -THE BRITISH!

Re: ENGLISH ARE NOT BRITISH. WE ARE!

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:19 pm

I think an invasion is called for...how about every other Saturday and the odd Tuesday night, starting in August. ;)

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Historically, the English population are descended from several genetically similar peoples—the earlier Britons (or Brythons), the Germanic tribes that settled in the area, including Angles, Saxons, Jutes, who founded what was to become England (from the Old English Englaland), and the later Norse and Danish Vikings and Normans. Following the Act of Union in 1707, in which the Kingdom of England became part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, English customs and identity became closely aligned with British customs and identity.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Me, I'm born and bred in Cardiff but ain't got a drop of Welsh blood in me.
I support Wales because I've lived here all my life but feel more Cardiff than Welsh.
So feck Britain and it's German royal family, the only flag I'll fly got a Bluebird on it.