Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BELLAMY - THE LATEST

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:08 pm

bellamy would be a great signing,i love the guy,he's got the passion,the fire,the attitude,the persona that city need, big name player, thats not even mentioning his ability,pace and his sheer presence on the pitch would bring the best out of the city players and frighten the shit out of the oppositiom and ...referees... Absoulate legend in the making if u ask me...and he will probably make more wales games...then again, the championship has more games than the premiership and his knees are shot to pieces

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:51 am

I like many would love to see him at our club but Id much rather see our weaknesses sorted first ... Defence

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:49 am

thing is, he wont be able to play every game, he's said that himself :? but id still welcome him defo

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:37 am

If nothing else having an established Premier household name like Bellamy in our squad when we play in Malaysia would be a real boost to raise the club's profile in Malaysia and this is an angle DJ should be using on VT! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:59 am

Come on Carl give us a day to day update on bells.......................?????? Its Thursday now. This could send shockwaves though the divison.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:24 am

Sorry but his injury record is not the best.

This added to a suspect 'attitude' could prove a disaster!

Great player on his day and couldn't argue a great signing, but he could bring with him a hell of a lot of 'baggage'

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 am

information and posts like these make this site the best around, my opinion, of course :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:16 am

its not rocket science isit? if bellers wants to move SO BADLY, he might have to consider losing some of his huge wages from man city, thus we could then just about afford to pay a quarter of it.....its a lot for one player, great player he is and the type we need but a tad risky (say he got injured etc...) Could see him driving us to promotion though and having a positive affect on players who might be thinking of moving on, ie they wouldnt! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:31 am

IMHO opinion we are letting sentimentality get in the way of logic.

OK, he is a local lad etc and it appears from the third hand scources that he has expressed a desire to return 'home'.

However, he will represent a large increase in our player wage ceiling that could cause unrest in the dressing room.Factor in his previous incidents and there is a fair to middling chance that that unrest could be upped by a considerable margin.

On the playing side is he that good? A decent player who has had a reasonable season but overall his record is middling at best and he hardly hangs around. The Gary Player joke could be used here!Ask yourself, if you took away the local connections would you still be talking about him in the same glowing terms.

As a final warning have we not had enough of highly paid, injury plagued Premiership cast offs.

As you may have guessed it's a no from me.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:44 am

Absolutely spot on.

Just not worth the risk.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:01 pm

I heard on the weekend from a local scout that Bellamy's son is doing very well at the moment. Does anyone know what club he's with at the moment?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:19 pm

Hes with Newport 100%, my housemate teaches him at St.Johns

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:This is not as you can imagine a straight forward negotiationas there are many factors to include that dont often happen in football.

You have got a megarich football club, who have a very good footballer who is still very much capable of playing at the very top, a player who is captain of his Country and who would not leave his club for any other bar one, US.

Bellamy wants the move, Cardiff want the move, Man City want money.

So what is the position at this moment.

City offered Man City to take Bellamy on a season long loan and will pay 20% ( £18k pw ) of his wage to do so. Man City said no and have told City that they can have Bellamy on a season long loan but they must pay more of his wage.

Last week I said that it is unlikely that the deal would go ahead and City also felt that the deal was ' pretty much dead in the water '.

But Dave Jones has not given up and the club have continued to negotiate with Man City and they have convinced Man City to lower the amount of bellamy's wage that City would have to pay, but it is still a considerable amount higher than the £18k previously offered.

Most know on here that TG and DJ have gone to Malaysia on ' a sightseeing trip ', but I understand that DJ is actually there trying hard to convince Vincent Tan to pledge more money into the club to make this deal happen as well as other deals he is looking at. We know that the Malaysians have bought 36.75% shares and of that Vincent Tan has 33.075% of them, so he is the man that DJ needs to get onside and fast if he wants to spend.

If Vincent Tan wants to play then he will play big time but DJ is going to have to work hard on him as Tan is a business man not a football fan but who knows maybe DJ will work his magic. I hope this deal happens but I also hope it doesn't take over our summer and we end up not getting Bellamy and all our eggs have been in one basket. if we dont get the nod off Tan this week then we have to move on in my opinion.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:44 pm

just been posted on the 606 site that the man city no2 has arrived at CCS for a power lunch (whatever this is!) can anyone in the know confirm?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:24 pm

It must be Micah Richards then, as he's the Man City Number 2! :)

http://mcfc.co.uk/Players/Defenders/Micah-Richards

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Overthemoon wrote:It must be Micah Richards then, as he's the Man City Number 2! :)

http://mcfc.co.uk/Players/Defenders/Micah-Richards

He looks like he likes a power lunch or two, as well

:D