Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our Armed Forces

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:00 pm

deserve our respect for doing a job that frankly most of us wouldn't want too but ultimately they are in the military of their own free will. We don't have a conscripted army nor do we press gang young lads into joining the military either.

If you read some of the posts on here our military are made up of a cross between mother Theresa's and Lady Di's.

The truth is they deserve our respect for being put into deadly situations with inadequate equipment but ultimately it is their choice. They are there because they want to be there.

It is their families that I feel particularly sorry for.

Re: Our Armed Forces

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:04 pm

that post is half right.

yes they joined up of their own free will.
yes they deserve to have proper equiptment.

but they are in a war that we should not be, the same as iraq.
many of our fine military personel signed up to protect queen and country, not to be america's front line of defense in their attempt in taking over the world.
our soldiers are being used as a pawn in america's grand game of chess.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Agree with you, it seems to me that Welsh boys who join up are under orders to do Englands/Americas dirty work and when the spoils are carved up any extracted wealth or big mega buck oil contracts end up on Wall Street or in the city of London.
Lets face it, we in Wales have benefited f**k all from the illegal war in Iraq , whereas the Wall street fat cats, city of London spivs and multinationals stand to gain megabucks off the back of their middle east conquests....I wonder what oil/mineral wealth is hidden away in Afghanistan?

I'm proud of my country...Wales, I couldn't thou give f**k about the queen of England, and no way would i ever fight to protect the old bitch.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:49 am

I joined up to shag fat birds.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:36 am

Agree with everything, except the bit about fat birds. :old:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:51 am

I would like to see our troops withdrawn from afhganistan but thats just my personal view

whilst they are they they must get our total support in my opinion

they are under orders and just doing their jobs but its one of the most dangerous jobs in the world right now

I think the standing ovation the welsh soldiers get when they march at the cardiff city stadium shows that whilst we may disagree on many things as fans , we all support them

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:13 am

Sludge wrote:I would like to see our troops withdrawn from afhganistan but thats just my personal view

whilst they are they they must get our total support in my opinion

they are under orders and just doing their jobs but its one of the most dangerous jobs in the world right now

I think the standing ovation the welsh soldiers get when they march at the cardiff city stadium shows that whilst we may disagree on many things as fans , we all support them

thing is sludge most of the soldiers out in afghan and iraq have joined up since these illegal invasions have started. i cant support them and neither can i think of them as heros cause they have chosen to go there! ... to be honest i`m fed up of seeing them marching now..... i dont expect people to line the streets everytime i come home from work clapping and cheering me "well done butty, cracking shift you did last night mate". the only time i`d like to see them march is when they all finally f**k off from there!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:18 am

I support them but I dont like people suggesting because you are not waving a flag you must be a supporter of the mad extremists and are somehow wanting harm on british troops

total shite and internet shit stirring

my old man , his father and my old dears father all served their country ..my old man based in saudi after the war ..and hes like me ..a lefty ..but is still supportive of the troops

I will be going down the bay for the fly past but it would be great if that fly past was celebrating the troops coming home from afghanistan ..but I cant see it happening for a long time

more young lives lost

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:19 pm

The famous quote 'lions lead by donkeys' regarding the battle of the Somme refers to the bravery of the soldiers fighting and ultimately dying for their country and to the cowardice of those leading them eg. General Haig and the Politicians.

Nearly a hundred years and it seems that nothing has really changed.