Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football by numbers

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:18 pm

A lad from our club got took on by the Academy 2 years ago,he was a stand out player. I watched him in a school game last year and he was made a fool of by previous lesser players.His inventiveness seemed to have been taken away from him.
The question,scouts seem to stop looking after mini level,should they carry on looking right through till 16 or stop scouting at 11 like they seem to do

Re: Football by numbers

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 pm

at 16 people have alot of things happening in there lives, Exams for instance, if they make it and then all of a sudden get told there not good enough then they have to start again, with finding jobs, it could also distract them from there exams.

Re: Football by numbers

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:58 pm

I know that CCFC took on a bunch of Youngsters (aged 15 & 16) this year for a game Vs. South Africa Under 17's. My Nephew was one of the 22 who had a trial game with the club, but found out he had not been taken on by the club. He's now doing his GCSE's and has finished his Final Under 16's game last month.

He's now been lined up for Afan Lido, Port Talbot Town, Neath Athletic & has also contacted Newport. He's eager to be up there with the best, and has been called the next best thing since Terry Casey (Leeds United & Wales) to come out of this Valley. He was also trained and coached for 10 years by Terry's Distant Nephew.

So I don't think clubs stop looking, it's just so many clubs don't find their way into the valley's which is a very bad thing because there's alot of unfound tallent around.