Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mobile Contract - Losing/stolen phones

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:09 am

Hello guys

Ive got a contract phone blackberry, but i swopped it a year ago, anyway hate this phone so can i ring up and say ive lost the phone?

I dont want to say it was stolen etc , id rather just say i lost it, will i have to pay ? if so how much?

Re: Mobile Contract - Losing/stolen phones

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:15 am

if you got phone insurance you wont have to pay. They will replace your phone with what ever the contract originally began with! not the phone you swapped with.

If you dont have insurance - they might charge a one off fee to replace it - could be anything between £35 - £75 and they will then make you take out insurance on your new phone too. I had to pay £35 on one phone before, and on another contract i paid £60 i think because it was a better phone!

that was with Orange.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:22 am

I have insurance mate! but i know they dont pay out if you've just lost it, normally it has to have been stolen and a police crime number obtained

i dont want to go through all that, ill just say i lost it

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:23 am

they will pay out if it is lost. Just say you misplaced it - and now its gone missing. thats what insurance is for - i told them i lost mine!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:25 am

yer ok, its just i thought anyone could say that all the time and just get a new phone whenever, thats why i thought they'd charge you like £200 for a new phone, where if you go down the sstolen route with a police crime number you get it for free

i dunno lol