Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DARREN PRATLEY A RUMOUR WHICH NOW HAS SOME TRUTH

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:24 pm

For the last 2 weeks, I have been getting texts saying City showing interest in the Prat Jack, At first I Laughed it off, but yesterday and today, I have been told, The Jacks are desperate to sell players and him not wanting to move far away has hinted if City show interest he might be interested in a move to hear. Sorry Jacks it looks like he is not so loyal as you thought ?

Re: DARREN PRATLEY A RUMOUR WHICH NOW HAS SOME TRUTH

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:26 pm

I'd enjoy this signing onyl from the point of view it would wind them up down there no end!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Lets hope so cracking player and would piss the jacks off so much the 2,000 Season ticket holders for 2010/11 will return them :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:28 pm

Swansea are a massive club :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:31 pm

Prately would be a great signing and I don't mean just to upset them down West - he's exactly the type of midfielder we could do with.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Have Swansea really only got 2000 season tickets? If it is a piss take how many have they got?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For the last 2 weeks, I have been getting texts saying City showing interest in the Prat Jack, At first I Laughed it off, but yesterday and today, I have been told, The Jacks are desperate to sell players and him not wanting to move far away has hinted if City show interest he might be interested in a move to hear. Sorry Jacks it looks like he is not so loyal as you thought ?

Annis

Would he be welcomed down here after his swim away antics. Remember Warner he was hardly made to feel part of the team. Good midfileder though if he did come, but I have this geeling he could be anothr Langley.

Ceri

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Splottoman wrote:Have Swansea really only got 2000 season tickets? If it is a piss take how many have they got?

It was mentioned on here and CCMB but do not know if it was true or not

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Splottoman wrote:Have Swansea really only got 2000 season tickets? If it is a piss take how many have they got?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15975

:thumbup:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:39 pm

I would love Pratley to come here, he's a Fantastic player in this division!

Also it would piss our 6 fingered neighbors off! :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Big Ceri wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:For the last 2 weeks, I have been getting texts saying City showing interest in the Prat Jack, At first I Laughed it off, but yesterday and today, I have been told, The Jacks are desperate to sell players and him not wanting to move far away has hinted if City show interest he might be interested in a move to hear. Sorry Jacks it looks like he is not so loyal as you thought ?

Annis

Would he be welcomed down here after his swim away antics. Remember Warner he was hardly made to feel part of the team. Good midfileder though if he did come, but I have this geeling he could be anothr Langley.

Ceri

Ceri,I think he would struggle with our Fans and I personally dont think it will happen, but he has no loyalty to them, like most players today in football.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:09 pm

guys, most (newer) fans seem to forget we have had swansea players move to cardiff ANDY LEGG to name one! became a cardiff legend! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:10 pm

Ben wrote:guys, most (newer) fans seem to forget we have had swansea players move to cardiff ANDY LEGG to name one! became a cardiff legend! :ayatollah:

Pratley would have to work at least 3 times as hard and you never know he is that kind of player to do that.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Ben wrote:guys, most (newer) fans seem to forget we have had swansea players move to cardiff ANDY LEGG to name one! became a cardiff legend! :ayatollah:

Pratley would have to work at least 3 times as hard and you never know he is that kind of player to do that.

It depends if he comes here and inside 2-3 games he scores or does some brilliant stuff, or scores a 90th minutes winner then people will forget all about swansea.

I can just see it now. Cardiff v Swansea and Pratley smashes in a 93rd minute winner for the bluebirds to win 2-1.

Do you think everyone will be ok with him then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

The one thing people xcan hardly complain about with pratley is his workrate.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:19 pm

I see your Andy Legg and raise you a Nigel Stevenson or Mark Harris. Or maybe more appropriately a David Penney or John Cornforth. The last 3 would be in my all-time worst ever Cardiff team.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:20 pm

To be honest I don't give a shit what club them come from. As soon as they put the City shirt on I'm supporting them.

I think it would be a class signing :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:21 pm

lets hope we get him

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:21 pm

pratley ...class

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:32 pm

Pratley is the one player who has really impressed me when i have seen the Jerks but he is also the one Jack who really wound me up when he did the swim away down the Liberty. :evil:

However would he improve our side and help us in a promotion push and the answer is a resounding yes so if he came to us i would reluctantly forgive him and put it down to the brain washing every player seems to get when they move to the Jerks :D

Once he was in a bluebird shirt i would give him my 100% support and i think he's good enough to win our fans around just like Leggy did :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:37 pm

would arguably rather pratley than bellamy with centre mid probably our biggest priority

he'd become a hero down here straightaway just because of the quality and commitment he has

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:39 pm

I think he would be a great signing. His work rate is good and he likes to get forward. He can do himself a big favour early on by stating that he's left a small club for a much bigger one and do the Ayatollah in his early games and then onto the big one........"Cardiff V Swansea"....nothing short of Kissing our badge in front of the away fans that day would seal his approval from me and i'm guessing many others....Bring this signing on i say and lets see if he's got the balls to be a big player.
Jes

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Would prefer Darren Ambrose to be honest, but Pratley would still be a very good acquisition!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:47 pm

Here's one rumour I hope is true. Pratley is quality at this level and just the type of player we could do with. OK, he'd come with some baggage but he's the sort of 100%er who would quickly win us over like Leggy did. If it happens, you can bet it wouldn't be long before the Jacks fans start saying how crap he is........ :lol:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:54 pm

he wud be a good signing and i'm sure with his work rate the city fans wud soon get behind him..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:57 pm

In all honesty tho can we see it happening? HJ is under pressure down there, If he let Pratley join us i think it would be the last straw for their fans. If i does happen i will be over the moon, IMO he is one of the best centre mids in the championship :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Annis, I understand your point about him having to win the fans over , but I would have him in my side all day long, he is by far the best midfielder in this division in my humble opinion. Score twice in his first game do the ayatollah and he will win the majority of fans over. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D :D :D

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:41 pm

I think he would be a good signing and I am sure he could win fans over :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Come on lads. Get real. He wont sign for Cardiff.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Every time they have played against us, he has been one of the best players on the pitch. He would improve our midfield no end. Saying that, I'd be massively surprised if he joined us.