Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

another view on the Bellamy thing

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:36 pm

As has been said previosuly I hope we dont get pre-occupied with this and miss the boat on other signings. Howerver, I am encouraged by this low key approach. We've heard virtually nothing from TG or Vincent Tan and my view is in business low key is much better than flash harry.

The differences in amounts of money being talked about are a drop in the ocean to these guys. Yes they are businessmen but they want to know they can trust those spending their cash. DJ making the case to spend is part of that process. There are no guarantees in football but they must know the potential revenues someone like Bellamy would bring, the profile it would given the club in Malaysia where they will benefit financially and if it does come off and we get promoted it will have been money well spent. But a step by step process of negotiation, and internal discussion whilst playiing it cool with Man City is more likely to get us the result we need.

Bellamy would play for us, so the only sticking point is the cash, and Man City are hardly skint so softly softly catchee monkey. If Man City see someone in the world cup they woudl like to sign (which I think is likely) then someone will have to make way for any new players - why not loan him out? I'm sure between the two clubs they'll split the difference on the 'gap' in terms of what we are prepared to pay at the moment and how much Man City expect us to pay.

Our new backers are seriously wealthy, they are here for the long haul so I understand why they are not appearing to be chucking it about. That doesn'#t stop them investing in a low profile way though!

:ayatollah: