Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

decent army boots , question for army lads

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:13 pm

whats the best quality strong army ankle boots I can get as a civvy ?

need em for fishing as its very rocky where I go and the usual wellies and stuff they sell as " mountain " boots are crap

have seen those german para boots for about £ 30

these as good as anything ?

need a good grip , stiff sole and ankle support

and whats the best way to keep em waterproof ? ( apart from not going in the sea with them )

the old style old school dubbing or traditional black army polish ?

Re: decent army boots , question for army lads

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:20 pm

what size boot were you looking for? i got pair of army boots no use to me

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:21 pm

have a try at the army and navy store in town, or any other one infact, i bet they'll be able to advise you :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:25 pm

bluebird1988 wrote:what size boot were you looking for? i got pair of army boots no use to me

size 12

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Ben wrote:have a try at the army and navy store in town, or any other one infact, i bet they'll be able to advise you :ayatollah:

where is that now ben , is it still on caroline street

( by the sex shop )

cough cough

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Sludge wrote:
Ben wrote:have a try at the army and navy store in town, or any other one infact, i bet they'll be able to advise you :ayatollah:

( by the sex shop )

cough cough

yer its the next arcade over, next to that old mens/ womens bar is, can't remember the name :?:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Sludge wrote:

( by the sex shop )

cough cough

Opposite Savini's, on the same side as Kiwi's.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Sludge, ask for DMS.(Doc Martin Sole) Standard Army issue when I was in. Perfect for rock hopping (or patrolling the streets of Belfast or the Irish border) :D

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:24 pm

Directly
Moulded
Soles
:old:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:26 pm

Unless the standard issue British Army DMS boot has improved since I was in the Army, then you'd be better off with a pair of German Army boots instead! In fact, the Belgian Army boots (Calf leather) were better than both if you can get hold of a pair! :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:34 pm

goslow wrote:Directly
Moulded
Soles

You're right of course, but it sounds better to the fashion concious amongst squaddies. :D :D :D

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:Sludge, ask for DMS.(Doc Martin Sole) Standard Army issue when I was in. Perfect for rock hopping (or patrolling the streets of Belfast or the Irish border) :D

They were shit in the Falklands though! ;)

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:Sludge, ask for DMS.(Doc Martin Sole) Standard Army issue when I was in. Perfect for rock hopping (or patrolling the streets of Belfast or the Irish border) :D

Got to say I rate them quite high though. Used them in many countries and never had a problem with them. ;)

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Got to say I rate them quite high though. Used them in many countries and never had a problem with them. ;)

Yeah, but he wants them for fishing, where they'll get wet and he'll probably end up getting trench foot, like they did in the Falklands! :)

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Got to say I rate them quite high though. Used them in many countries and never had a problem with them. ;)[/quote]

Yeah, but he wants them for fishing, where they'll get wet and he'll probably end up getting trench foot, like they did in the Falklands! :)[/quote]

They'll be fine, can't see him wearing them for weeks on end. :D :D

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:Got to say I rate them quite high though. Used them in many countries and never had a problem with them. ;)

Yeah, but he wants them for fishing, where they'll get wet and he'll probably end up getting trench foot, like they did in the Falklands! :)[/quote]

They'll be fine, can't see him wearing them for weeks on end. :D :D[/quote]

Okay then, I give up! :) :ayatollah:

:old: :old:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:Got to say I rate them quite high though. Used them in many countries and never had a problem with them. ;)

Yeah, but he wants them for fishing, where they'll get wet and he'll probably end up getting trench foot, like they did in the Falklands! :)

:old: :old:[/quote]

Nooooo keep going, I'm old too!!!! 2432**** :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :D :D :D

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
Moulded
Soles

You're right of course, but it sounds better to the fashion concious amongst squaddies. :D :D :D

:D :D
i think sludge would be better off with civvie boots,squaddies usually are.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:29 pm

goslow wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
Moulded
Soles

:D :D
i think sludge would be better off with civvie boots,squaddies usually are.

:old: :old:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

They'll be fine, can't see him wearing them for weeks on end. :D :D

Nooooo keep going, I'm old too!!!! 2432**** :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :D :D :D[/quote]

Having seen the start of your Army Number, I think I ought to keep going,as you definitely joined before my 2441****, so if the boots were shite when I joined and left, then they were definitely shite whilst you were in! :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Nooooo keep going, I'm old too!!!! 2432**** :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :D :D :D[/quote]

Having seen the start of your Army Number, I think I ought to keep going,as you definitely joined before my 2441****, so if the boots were shite when I joined and left, then they were definitely shite whilst you were in! :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Nah, I give up now! :lol: :lol: :old: :old: Sludge will only get what he pays for anyway.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:12 pm

cheers lads , will pop in and see what they have

a fishing shop in barry does german reconditioned para boots , if I can see no better in town , I will get apair of these

many thanks soldiers