Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEW SIGNINGS ARE PROVING DIFFICULT..

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:20 pm

now that we have a "low profile" charman according to some.

I personally do not think this is a major issue myself as surley the club and its facilities sells itself and most importantly offers a potential player a decent contract.

Whatsmore, many players talk to eachother and I would say that this factor also has a major bearing on who comes here in the future.

Come to think of it can you name many other club chairman apart from those chosen few who love the media?

Comments please?

Re: NEW SIGNINGS ARE PROVING DIFFICULT..

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:01 am

100% agree with your post...its all done through agents anyway, and once the "sell" of our club is required to the players concerned then I am sure we will be fine...

If we look back our last few years have been lucky signings anyway...bothroyd was last choice......fowler and jfh were past it...soit might be a refreshing change...lets just wait and see.....

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:05 am

Joff, I am hearing we are struggling with a lot of these agents etc

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:07 am

1 major signing would change all that.........maybe then it could be a different senario?

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:Joff, I am hearing we are struggling with a lot of these agents etc

Maybe because unlike with Ridsdale they aren't getting all their own way ??

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:12 am

100% lawnmower........maybe now players realise we negotiate for the benefit of the club!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:19 am

Joff wrote:now that we have a "low profile" charman according to some.

I personally do not think this is a major issue myself as surley the club and its facilities sells itself and most importantly offers a potential player a decent contract.

Whatsmore, many players talk to eachother and I would say that this factor also has a major bearing on who comes here in the future.

Come to think of it can you name many other club chairman apart from those chosen few who love the media?

Comments please?

joff

plenty of agents are chasing steve borley touting their players and please believe its not about profiles but in the case of all players and agents its purely about money.
agents are all parasites and would talk to the devil if they thought they could earn money from it.
most players will not commit this early because they are still being paid by their clubs up until july 31st even if they are out of contract.
as an example steve howard has been using cardiffs interest to try and get a better offer from leicester.
the malaysians are going to be more careful with their money and will not pay over the odds for players.
You must remember the ex chairman was very generous with other peoples money regarding signing players and look where that nearly took us to. some 5 days from extinction

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:23 am

steve davies wrote:

Comments please?

joff

plenty of agents are chasing steve borley touting their players and please believe its not about profiles but in the case of all players and agents its purely about money.
agents are all parasites and would talk to the devil if they thought they could earn money from it.
most players will not commit this early because they are still being paid by their clubs up until july 31st even if they are out of contract.
as an example steve howard has been using cardiffs interest to try and get a better offer from leicester.
the malaysians are going to be more careful with their money and will not pay over the odds for players.
You must remember the ex chairman was very generous with other peoples money regarding signing players and look where that nearly took us to. some 5 days from extinction

Totally agree Steve, I believe agents are actually ruining the game of football and this has filtered through to the players and there is now loyalty to their clubs, its all gone.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:26 am

steve davies wrote:

Comments please?

joff

Sounds like the correct approach to me Steve. There is far less cash around now and its a buyer's market.

I sometimes wonder if anything was 'coming back' from the agents (not alledging just wondering :lol: ) if you know what I mean. Especially when people who can lie for England are involved.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:33 am

["Lawnmower"steve davies"][Joff"]now that we have a "low profile" charman according to some.

Comments please?

joff

Sounds like the correct approach to me Steve. There is far less cash around now and its a buyer's market.

I sometimes wonder if anything was 'coming back' from the agents (not alledging just wondering :lol: ) if you know what I mean. Especially when people who can lie for England are involved.[/quote]

goes without saying lawn as in a previous thread about signing american strikers.
normally signings have to be right for the player and the club but in the previous administration it also had to be good for another party

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:40 am

steve davies wrote:["Lawnmower"steve davies"][Joff"]now that we have a "low profile" charman according to some.

Comments please?

joff

I sometimes wonder if anything was 'coming back' from the agents (not alledging just wondering :lol: ) if you know what I mean. Especially when people who can lie for England are involved.

goes without saying lawn as in a previous thread about signing american strikers.
normally signings have to be right for the player and the club but in the previous administration it also had to be good for another party[/quote]

I sometimes wonder if anything was 'coming back' from the agents (not alledging just wondering ) if you know what I mean. Especially when people who can lie for England are involved.[/quote]

Bungs... never ....... :lol: