Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The value of the club

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 am

When I spoke with PR 3 years ago about investing in club (again) many of his assumptions regarding the take up of Premier Club, the value of stadium naming rights, etc did not add up.

But what still surprises me is the 'holy grail' of certain financial success in the Premier League. It doesn't take Einstein to work out that we need to get more than a few players in and a lot of our future income is dedicated to other parties.

I don't see many of other similar sized clubs jumping around announcing huge profits and the Champions League riches seem a long way off.

Why would the Malaysians see our club worth 50-60 million?

If I were them, I would be offering to take on the debt and either issue millions of new shares to make the current shareholding almost worthless or by offering a minimal amount to get the current owners off the hook.

As for Steve Borley resigning from the board - the man has bailed out the club so many times and now must have had enough.

Mike

Re: The value of the club

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:25 am

mike

this is how i feel the due diligence will change the way the malaysians look at investing in the club.
after seeing the way the club has been run in the last few years and the expenditure in wages, bonuses and expenses on a chairman and non executive directors i feel that their only option is to take full control of the club.
They have to make a decision as to who will run the club on their behalf this side of the world or if they send their own man over.
Of course the other alternative is to walk away and look at other championship clubs with just as much promise as us but with less debt ie nottingham forest

Re: The value of the club

Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:36 pm

The Holy Grail to Investing.

The utlimate business solution. The ability to cut the cost of any business expense, or just plain invest.

Developed multiple arbitrages for the financial markets. Arbitrages that produce just a few percent a year, to arbitrages that produce over 30 percent a year.

In 2001 i started developing, as of now, a dozen arbitrages. Over 30%/yr.

Risk-Free Investing is not only possible, but in abundance. Just that people are told and taught that it is impossible. No risk has been in front of all, but not seen.

I'm interested in selling, or partnering to sell, or partner in a business that uses my arbitrage.

Thomas Adair
HolyGrailToInvesting@hotmail.com