Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

is it true

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:29 pm

that, the official world cup ball has been plyed in 9? countries, through out the season, but the fa said no for enguland?

Re: is it true

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:32 pm

ninianblue wrote:that, the official world cup ball has been plyed in 9? countries, through out the season, but the fa said no for enguland?

dont think so.

i think it is only played with in the bundesliga :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:34 pm

chippy, i dont want to argue with you, but , i think at least 9 countries played with this ball?

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:37 pm

it was used in several leagues across europe since july last year, the english fa turned down the chance to use it.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:38 pm

ninianblue wrote:chippy, i dont want to argue with you, but , i think at least 9 countries played with this ball?

:lol: ill take your word for it :lol: :ayatollah:

looks like im wrong :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:46 pm

chippy, ive had about 9 maybe 10 cans of stella tonight, so i am hard, if you want to take this argument further then i will fight you, only if your under 8 or 9 ,,,,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:57 pm

I don't think that the English FA were allowed to use the World Cup balls in the English league, due to sponsorship issues (Nike balls I believe they use in the league). I did hear however, that Capello was offered a chance to use them in training before the World Cup started and he turned the offer down!

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:22 am

Overthemoon wrote:I don't think that the English FA were allowed to use the World Cup balls in the English league, due to sponsorship issues (Nike balls I believe they use in the league). I did hear however, that Capello was offered a chance to use them in training before the World Cup started and he turned the offer down!

You're right about Nike; which is fair enough.

A batch of these new balls was ordered for the squad to practice with back in February. However, the consignment was lost in delivery.

The new balls have definitely been detrimental to play performance. However, I think the poor performances by England have been mainly down to fear and pressure. Am I right in thinking this particular campaign has been failing due to arrogance?

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:18 am

It was definately used in the Bundesliga last year

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:35 am

ninianblue wrote:that, the official world cup ball has been plyed in 9? countries, through out the season, but the fa said no for enguland?

Who cares a ball is a ball, England are looking for excuses, it's nothing to do with the ball it's the fact that they are playing shit and not as a team that they may not qulaify through the easiest group of life !!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:22 pm

the amount those prima donnas earn each week they should be able to score with a ping pong ball ffs :D

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:25 pm

I remember seeing Maradona doing things with a golf ball and a tennis ball that the English squad couldn't do with this Jabulani ball. At the end of the day - they are simply not good enough.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:26 pm

I've also seen girls do things with ping pong balls that I wouldn't want to see any of the England squad doing at all!! :lol: