Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Adam Matthews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:12 am

What was your opinion of him last season? Do you think he should have started most of the season and thus develop further. He's raw and naive but, in my opinion, has the makings of a great player for Cardiff. I think McNaughton and Quinn should've been back-up.

One of Jones' major limitations is that he seems to be too tentative with the youngsters., especially with Blake, and more infamously with Ramsey. Ledley and Collins are good prior examples. Both started off extremely average for us but given time and regular football have became a Premiership class player.

Re: Adam Matthews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:58 am

I don't think he should be a starter yet. Send him to League 1 club and he will be back as a monster

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:42 am

quality player destined for the premier i think dj is keeping out of the shop window
but he will b a regular starter nxt season no doubt :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:15 am

He was found out alot last season. Still alot of work needs doing to him but the potential is there.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:28 am

wasn't collins sold as soon as jones got here?the reason darcy blake hasn't had a chance is his bad attitude wasn't it?

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:13 am

Danson Furnace wrote:What was your opinion of him last season? Do you think he should have started most of the season and thus develop further. He's raw and naive but, in my opinion, has the makings of a great player for Cardiff. I think McNaughton and Quinn should've been back-up.

One of Jones' major limitations is that he seems to be too tentative with the youngsters., especially with Blake, and more infamously with Ramsey. Ledley and Collins are good prior examples. Both started off extremely average for us but given time and regular football have became a Premiership class player.

Perhaps thats the point.

These guys have been "so hungry" for first team football that they have snatched it with both hands and become premiership quality players.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:17 am

Danson Furnace wrote:What was your opinion of him last season? Do you think he should have started most of the season and thus develop further. He's raw and naive but, in my opinion, has the makings of a great player for Cardiff. I think McNaughton and Quinn should've been back-up.

Can't really point that finger at Jones ref/. Ledley, Ledley has been a regular from the moment Jones arrived (and before). He's played virtually every game he's been fit for.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:38 am

botw wrote:wasn't collins sold as soon as jones got here?the reason darcy blake hasn't had a chance is his bad attitude wasn't it?

Dave jones really didn't want to sell him at the time either, OK for Gabby and a few others to go, but he was gutted to lose Collins...

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Just to clarif, my points regarding Ledley and Collins are examples of what managers previous to Jones did with our youth players.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Matthews was caught out a few times but he is a gd player. I think he played about the right amour of games but would like to see him step up his game this season.