Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Shirt Sponsor.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Another thread just got me thinking......How would you feel if Brains became the new shirt sponsor of the club, would you be against it for its association with the Rugby or think Business is business and welcome the sponsorship money?

Re: Cardiff Shirt Sponsor.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Money is Money.
They have sponsored our away shirt in the past, although the kit was "off white"

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Marc wrote:Another thread just got me thinking......How would you feel if Brains became the new shirt sponsor of the club, would you be against it for its association with the Rugby or think Business is business and welcome the sponsorship money?

That'll be the last straw for me .....f**k that alltogether :oops:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:50 pm

no, no egg chasing! i wore my old white brians away shirt in tesco (weeked of the footy tourn) and was in tesco and a city fan went past me and said "f**k OFF ENGLAND" and then pointed out it was a cardiff city shirt you dumb f**k, how long you been supporting you plastic :lol:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Its not Rugby its an alcoholic beverage and its rather nice to get hammered on. :lol: :lol: If they pay the dosh who gives a f**k :lol:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:59 pm

It's brains you want

http://www.smellarat.co.uk/welshbands/s ... Brains.JPG

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:07 am

The problem with Brains is that cos its been constantly sponsoring the egg its considered a 'rugby' brand but quite a few City fans love drinking it despite who it sponsors.

This might be a change for things to come (businesses getting bored with the egg that is)

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Local companies will be all over us likea rash when/if we get to the premiership.

Now that is truly a global brand, probably the biggest in the sporting world. Brains are only a small local company, unlikely to be interested in global marketing as they primarily only sell their product in south Wales.

It would be nice to think a Malaysian company, looking to expand into the UK/Europe might see us as a good proposition.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 pm

I love Brains, drink it a lot and don't consider it a rugby drink. That's quite shallow thinking in my opinion. If they're interested in sponsoring us I wouldn't care, provided its the highest bidder. Paedophiles Anonymous could sponsor us for all I care if they bid the most money! :D

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Malaysian Airlines perhaps? I mean why not, it would be a great partnership and with a push for the top flight (pun intended). I'm sure TG and VT would be more than happy to see a Malaysian sponsor on the shirts. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Zabier wrote:I love Brains, drink it a lot and don't consider it a rugby drink. That's quite shallow thinking in my opinion. If they're interested in sponsoring us I wouldn't care, provided its the highest bidder. Paedophiles Anonymous could sponsor us for all I care if they bid the most money! :D

There's a newsagents on Cowbridge Road East, opposite the Thai Toch Massage place (which i can thoroughly recommend by the way), selling 8 500ml bottles of Brains Land of My Fathers for a fiver, bargain. Just thought i'd put that out there as we're on the subject!