Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Will Dixon RIP "

Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:04 pm

For folk who knew Will ran maerdy hotel, highwayman, greendown cafe petit passed away this morning, massive city fan RIP dad x bluebirds

Re: Ex Cardiff city director will Dixon RIP

Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:26 pm

That's so sad :cry:

I knew Will for many years; going back to his first venture at The Cafe Petite in Pencoed

When he had The Greendown down the Drope in Cardiff, he always kept a bottle of Tennessee Whisky on the rack with a label that read: "Ray Daniels Tennessee Whisky - No Jacks served in here!" :lol: :lol:

Remained a customer at all his restaurants for many years

RIP, Will 'Cardiff City FC' Dixon :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :notworthy:

Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:38 pm

Cheers Sven he ensured he passed on his much dislike for the jacks to his children because I can't f*cking stand them bluebirds

Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:40 pm

RIP will

Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:42 pm

His advert for the highwayman was always on the back of on of the fanzines

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:03 pm

tynesideblue wrote:Cheers Sven he ensured he passed on his much dislike for the jacks to his children because I can't f*cking stand them bluebirds

:thumbup: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:20 pm

I can't believe this. Will was a good friend of mine, and I also sat on the CCFC board with him. I spoke to him last about a month or so ago. Terrible news RIP Will, my friend. He was a true Bluebird :bluebird:

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:04 pm

I remember talking to him at the Highwayman many years ago, not knowing him, but I commented on the old City programmes that were displayed there in a case at that time. He was very knowledgeable, & passionate on our club.

The Condemned mans meal & his Imported Guinness from Ireland were a great sales advert to,,,,I know!

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:27 pm

So sad. Knew him from The Highwayman where we always chatted about the fortunes (or misfortunes) of the City. Such a nice man and so passionate about our club. Really gutted about this and my condolences to you and your family.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Rip will dixon this guy got me and my son tickets for the man city cup game went down the highwayman talked for ages about city thank you will dixon rip

Re: Ex Cardiff city director Will Dixon RIP

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:39 am

I didn't know him but I'm sorry for your loss.

Horrible to hear news like this, and I wish all the best to his family and close friends.

Re: " Will Dixon RIP "

Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:14 am

r.i.p Will :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:38 am

I knew Will well, great bloke and City fan RIP :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:17 pm

RIP Will :bluebird:

Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:44 pm

Sven wrote:That's so sad :cry:

I knew Will for many years; going back to his first venture at The Cafe Petite in Pencoed

When he had The Greendown down the Drope in Cardiff, he always kept a bottle of Tennessee Whisky on the rack with a label that read: "Ray Daniels Tennessee Whisky - No Jacks served in here!" :lol: :lol:

Spoke to will last year as he came in my chip shop which is the old cafe petite,big city fan and nice chap ,r.I.p will

Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:46 pm

Rip. :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:52 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Spoke to will last year as he came in my chip shop which is the old cafe petite,big city fan and nice chap ,r.I.p will

O my cod ?

Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Pencoed Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

O my cod ?

Yes that's my place

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Small world, wez :thumbup:

I've used your chippy more than once. Very good! :ayatollah:

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:25 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Cheers ,try our fish bites and Irish curry lovely lol

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Cheers ,try our fish bites and Irish curry lovely lol

Cheers Wez :thumbup: