Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Could it be?

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:00 pm

Look I am not being totally serious here, but it's a thought that has crossed my mind.

Our results are simply unexplainable and some are now begining to defy belief. For example the way we blew a play-off place to finish 7th last year was against almost impossible odds considering the table directly after the Burnley game.

This season we win away at WBA and Middlesbrough but lose to Ipswich and Plymouth at home and then blow a 4-0 half-time lead at Peterbrough.

I just hope there isn't some kind of dodgy betting scam going on. It is also slightly uncomfortable when you think of our connections to far east betting companies (one of which is our shirt sponsor) and recently 2 Asians were ejected from an Academy match against Reading for relying match commentary back to the far east for spread betting purposes.

As I said just a thought, but an uncomfortable one.

Re: Could it be?

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Worth a thought lol... Wouldnt suprise me with Dodgy Ridsdale and Dave (I have no personality) Moans.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:08 pm

This... actually could be true - which scares me, but hopefully it isn't.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:08 pm

I was thinking the same to lose to preston like that and then throw away a 4-0 lead also i know there are scams going on at academy level had to turn my phone of at wolves as the steward told me that asians were betting on academy games

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Look I am not being totally serious here, but it's a thought that has crossed my mind.

Our results are simply unexplainable and some are now begining to defy belief. For example the way we blew a play-off place to finish 7th last year was against almost impossible odds considering the table directly after the Burnley game.

This season we win away at WBA and Middlesbrough but lose to Ipswich and Plymouth at home and then blow a 4-0 half-time lead at Peterbrough.

I just hope there isn't some kind of dodgy betting scam going on. It is also slightly uncomfortable when you think of our connections to far east betting companies (one of which is our shirt sponsor) and recently 2 Asians were ejected from an Academy match against Reading for relying match commentary back to the far east for spread betting purposes.

As I said just a thought, but an uncomfortable one.

Nothing would surprise me anymore with City, its not the club Ive loved and watched since 1966. PR, DJ and the Malaysians, I shudder to think.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:15 pm

We are a average side sorry to say.