Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SORT IT OUT, ONE OAR IN THE WATER

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:02 am

We are like headless chickens at the moment.Who really is steering the ship? we have a Chairman in Malaysia, who is responsible for 30% of the shares,now I don't know about you, but if I owned 30% of the shares I wouldn't expect to be 100% responsible for the debt and the running costs.

I have a gut feeling the Malaysians are testing the financial committment of the other share holders/directors and are saying "here's our wedge, where's yours".

We need a strong character to head things up and show some real direction, and please don't tell me its Gethin Jenkins, we need someone who knows football and knows how to deal with people and press, allready I'm hearing spin the tour was cancelled because of the poor facilities in Malaysai, total bollox, if that was the case why weren't they checked before hand, why cancel now rather than weeks ago, if I was a Malaysian i'd be well pissed off, it makes Malaysia sound like a third world country, they will see this as a real snub.

Any apologies to the fans who have booked flights and holidays to Malaysia, doubt it, they only care about Real fans :x

The next few days are critical, no plans, no players, no tour, no direction, NO MORE PLEASE SORT IT OUT.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16609 :roll:

Re: SORT IT OUT, ONE OAR IN THE WATER

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:06 am

Gwyn,

Your post is spot on and The Club Desperately needs a Captain/Leader, Not tomorrow Now.
There are too many non football people running Our Club.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:15 am

It reminds me of a committee in a working man's club with everyone having different agendas and out for their own benefit rather than the clubs benefit.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 am

BigGwynram wrote:It reminds me of a committee in a working man's club with everyone having different agendas and out for their own benefit rather than the clubs benefit.

What, like a rugby club committe? ;)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:34 am

Where's Peter Ridsdale when you need some spin, I am sure the Malaysians are about to clear out the spongers who have taken things from the club and put nothing in, we have sat back and let people get rich of our backs, these people can see they have milked the cow dry and just want the last dregs of any omeny they have tied up in the club in shares or debt, they will not put anymore in unless they can see a huge profit, they are business men, not football men.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:35 am

I bet the late wage payment is down to 2 people thinking that the other 1 had done it , communication is the key word here me thinks ? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:40 am

Or is it a case of you pay because we ain't and who loses the most if we go into admin again. It's just like the blackmail case they had over Sam Hamman, he thru Langstone stood to lose the most if we went into admin, especially after PMG were made prefferential creditors meaning they'd get first dibs on anything if we went under and Langstones would get nowt.

Is the shoe on the other foot now, who's got most to lose if we go into admin, it's all about money sadly and the fans are yet again having to watch as our club is used as a financial pawn.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:42 am

I don't think it would be a good move by the club blaming poor facilities in Malaysia. If Man Utd. And Real Madrid can tour there iam sure they are up to standard.

As for a leader we need Sam back and fast with the Malaysians controlling the money side. He is strong minded loves our club,, knows the football world inside out, and wouldn't get push around by these egg chasers.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:43 am

Quite amazing how new season hope and optimism is replaced with doom and conspiracy therioes! All the recent talk of how we are in better hands and in better shape has quickly disappeared. A few days ago people were talking about what would happen if VT got the football bug! Well he has certainly got the cold feet bug.

Last week I thought the right noises were coming out of CCS. This new negative feeling is the last thing we want going into a new season. What is going on? Whatever is happening is not good and very bad PR (public relations not ridler!)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:48 am

Maybe all of Sam's money can be made into shares and get him back on the board and reduce the CCFC debt by quite a few million ? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:02 am

I bet Sam and Langstones must be thinking here we go again, I wonder have Langstones though Sam had any constructive dialogue with the Malaysians, I for one would love Sam to have some say in football matters at our club, whatever his faults were, he was a real football man who could dig up some real nuggets, when you look back and see who he developed and discovered at Wimbledon.I'm sure he's still has more than enough contacts in football to get us back on track.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:10 am

SINCE66 wrote:I bet Sam and Langstones must be thinking here we go again, I wonder have Langstones though Sam had any constructive dialogue with the Malaysians, I for one would love Sam to have some say in football matters at our club, whatever his faults were, he was a real football man who could dig up some real nuggets, when you look back and see who he developed and discovered at Wimbledon.I'm sure he's still has more than enough contacts in football to get us back on track.

The Sam is a Real football man and as long as The Malaysians look after the Financial side, I reckon it could really work, just my Opinion.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:12 am

The Facilities were Superb and The Stadiums as well, Jenkins needs to sort his head out fast, The egg man doesnt know what he is on about or what he he doing :evil:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:13 am

Sam is defo a football man and hopefully has learned from past financial mistakes , also Riddler has plenty of contacts within football but I wouldnt trust him with a penny of the money . Infact I wouldnt trust Riddler to buy the milk and coffee :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:31 am

Alright then, I'll do it. I'll even accept a very low wage. Is there a way we can vote a fan to chair the club? :D

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:37 am

This is just a suggestion with no basis in fact as far as I know.

We know that there is £5m worth of unissued shares and Sam Hammam/Langston are due that exact amount from either the promotion bonus or stadium naming rights (unless things have changed).

The Malaysians are apparently close to a deal to bring in much needed funds through a naming rights deal. It makes perfect sense to pay off Sam/Langston with shares to the value of the cash raised and use the money raised to basically keep the club going.

If for instance the Malaysians raised £2m from naming rights then Sam would receive £2m worth of shares and get elected to the board of directors. He could then run the football side as joint CEO with Jenkins (be realistic he is going nowhere).

There would be clear lines of demarcation, Sam would head up recruitment of players, speak on behalf of the club, run the stadium (basically the football side) whilst Jenkins ran the financial side making sure we didn't overspend.

I'm not saying this would be a perfect arrangement but it would be a hell of a lot better than what we have now.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:40 am

Our Chief Executive reckons the Malaysian Facilities are Not Good enough for Cardiff City
Get the man out of Our Club, before he does any more damage.
Its pure and Simple we didnt have the money, Surely after The Riddler, HONESTY SHOULD BE THEIR FIRST LESSON THEY SHOULD LEARN.

Yet Teams Like Man Utd Say they have SOME OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 am

Talking a lot of sense Tony, I'm sure Sam would love the chance to have some involvement in the football side of things, and if it means more shares for him or Langstones in exchange for writing down the debt, then so be it, in my opinion it would show they have some belief that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I can see Dave Jones jumping ship soon and whilst he's not evryones favourite,he is at least a strong leader with some direction, I'm sure he'd like to know which way we rae heading and who's steering the ship.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 am

That statement iin the Echo s just so poor!
So why do clubs like Manchester United,Chelsea,etc go on tour to Far East? :oops: :twisted:

If the friendlies in Malaysia are not worth playing why play teams like Notts County and Bath ? Maybe we should be playing the likes of Bayern Munich,Barcelona,Inter Milan :roll:

We all knew what was at stake on May 22nd and why we were all so so so low( and I still am !) when we lost to Blackpool and it wasn't just a place in the Premier League! We could have cleared all these debts and stablised the club now who knows.....! :twisted:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:26 am

Our Club is one big circus and for the last few years the Clowns have been running the show what we need now is a strong ring master to take control and stabalise things if the Malaysians pull the plug then we are really fucked :evil:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:23 pm

I can see these Malaysians putting the club into admin and then buying it back at a cheap price and paying the debtors off in pennies rather than pounds.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:45 pm

canton blue wrote:I can see these Malaysians putting the club into admin and then buying it back at a cheap price and paying the debtors off in pennies rather than pounds.

Can't see that happening, as current directors there is every likelihood that the Administrator would dismiss any bid from them and therefore they would lose all the money they have invested so far. They ain't that stupid :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:41 pm

The truth is, it's hard to see what the Malaysians' strategy is - a club massively in debt, and future income streams severely limited.

That they bought into the club on a punt that Premiership football could be bought on the cheap, is increasingly certain - nothing wrong with that, but a 30% share and 3000 miles away, I can't see them being any more that a 'sleeping' partner, leaving the running of the club to others.

If they could sell now, they would.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Eddie May wrote:at least sam hammanm was football man, passionate,leader and a winner and loved our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

To be fair we should be getting on our hands and knees begging Sam to come back to the club because if he had any sense he'd run a mile. He loves football and he loves Cardiff City though so maybe his head would be ruled by his heart and he would come back. I don't see anyone else fronting up because no one else (including most of the current directors) would risk their own money like he would.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:52 pm

TheOutsider wrote:
Eddie May wrote:at least sam hammanm was football man, passionate,leader and a winner and loved our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

To be fair we should be getting on our hands and knees begging Sam to come back to the club because if he had any sense he'd run a mile. He loves football and he loves Cardiff City though so maybe his head would be ruled by his heart and he would come back. I don't see anyone else fronting up because no one else (including most of the current directors) would risk their own money like he would.

Begging a man who got us into the masses of debt in the very first place, and into a situation so bad we had to resort to calling in Liesdale to help. I'd rather not thanks.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Dave, Tell me where Our Club has paid any of Sams debts to anyone and where there is ANY PRESSURE FROM Sam, you had the RIDDLER SPINNING YOU LIES.

Sam has lost £3.5,£6 mill and £14 Mill, We owe £10 mill and I know Sam would swop that for shares or delay the payments if it helps our Club.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dave, Tell me where Our Club has paid any of Sams debts to anyone and where there is ANY PRESSURE FROM Sam, you had the RIDDLER SPINNING YOU LIES.

Sam has lost £3.5,£6 mill and £14 Mill, We owe £10 mill and I know Sam would swop that for shares or delay the payments if it helps our Club.

Did Sam not get cardiff city into debt when he was in charge?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:02 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Dave, Tell me where Our Club has paid any of Sams debts to anyone and where there is ANY PRESSURE FROM Sam, you had the RIDDLER SPINNING YOU LIES.

Debt to his own company, that he leant Cardiff City as THe stadium being built took a lot longer than ever imagined.
WHERE WERE WE WHEN SAM came TO CARDIFF CITY, Dave if you rem the 70/80/90"s Then Surely what Sam did for us was beyond a Dream.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

Debt to his own company, that he leant Cardiff City as THe stadium being built took a lot longer than ever imagined.
WHERE WERE WE WHEN SAM came TO CARDIFF CITY, Dave if you rem the 70/80/90"s Then Surely what Sam did for us was beyond a Dream.

I know, Annis, I know, but I'm trying to weigh everything up in my head!!

Obviously the tipping of the scales is Ridsdale, but I still wouldn't want Sam back. I've still got to read Shattered Dreams but haven't you said before that Sam probably wouldn't be able to afford to come back with us being structured as we are, in the debts we are and enjoying the success we are?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:11 pm

Dave, I thought he didnt have the money to come back(listening to bloody Ridsdale), but I hold my hands up and I Believe he does have.
Please read Shattered Dreams, as Much as I am a Sam fan, In the book I tell every bad side off him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: