Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: SORT IT OUT, ONE OAR IN THE WATER

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Dave, Tell me where Our Club has paid any of Sams debts to anyone and where there is ANY PRESSURE FROM Sam, you had the RIDDLER SPINNING YOU LIES.

Sam has lost £3.5,£6 mill and £14 Mill, We owe £10 mill and I know Sam would swop that for shares or delay the payments if it helps our Club.

Did Sam not get cardiff city into debt when he was in charge?

Debt to his own company, that he leant Cardiff City as THe stadium being built took a lot longer than ever imagined.
WHERE WERE WE WHEN SAM came TO CARDIFF CITY, Dave if you rem the 70/80/90"s Then Surely what Sam did for us was beyond a Dream.

I can answer that,,, last game of season 1999/2000, May 06 2000, City 1 [Young] Bristol Rovers 0 [att 6655, i was there].City already relegated to the 2nd division, without a pot to piss in. [no change there]. Sam gave us [me] belief & a sence of unity, something we are sadly lacking at the moment.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dave, I thought he didnt have the money to come back(listening to bloody Ridsdale), but I hold my hands up and I Believe he does have.
Please read Shattered Dreams, as Much as I am a Sam fan, In the book I tell every bad side off him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Don't worry Annis, with everything that's gone on surrounding the club it's my main aim for the summer, to read Shattered Dreams.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Correct Rick, We were sadly going no where.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:18 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Dave, I thought he didnt have the money to come back(listening to bloody Ridsdale), but I hold my hands up and I Believe he does have.
Please read Shattered Dreams, as Much as I am a Sam fan, In the book I tell every bad side off him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Don't worry Annis, with everything that's gone on surrounding the club it's my main aim for the summer, to read Shattered Dreams.

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You will enjoy it, I promise :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Sam was a passionate football fan. Still looks out for Cardiff City after all these years and after the way he's been treated by many. I know he's no angel either, but if some one shows that much passion and loyalty to my club then so be it! If I was running the ship, with the mess it's in at the moment, and some one said to me Sam wants to come onto the board, reduce his debt, and take control of the FOOTBALL side of the club only, Then I'd go collect him in my own f*cking car!

How Ironic it would be to see him circling the pitch in the 85th minute at home to Leeds this season! :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:33 pm

Merlin wrote:Sam was a passionate football fan. Still looks out for Cardiff City after all these years and after the way he's been treated by many. I know he's no angel either, but if some one shows that much passion and loyalty to my club then so be it! If I was running the ship, with the mess it's in at the moment, and some one said to me Sam wants to come onto the board, reduce his debt, and take control of the FOOTBALL side of the club only, Then I'd go collect him in my own f*cking car!

How Ironic it would be to see him circling the pitch in the 85th minute at home to Leeds this season! :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:33 pm

Merlin wrote:take control of the FOOTBALL side of the club only, Then I'd go collect him in my own f*cking car!

:ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :P :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:46 am

:ayatollah: :idea:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:02 am

What I find odd is the club haven’t driven down the wage bill by getting the high earners out.
If Chops and Whitts are on say 20k and 10k I would think it’s logical to get rid and get players in on half the money.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:19 am

we should never look back, only forward.

i would not have Sam back, he did too much damage last time with his profligate spending. i'd rather us go back down to the dungeon than have him back. I'd prefer us to live within our means and not live some dream. been there done that and nearly lost the club I've supported all my life as a result.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:24 am

Feedback wrote:we should never look back, only forward.

i would not have Sam back, he did too much damage last time with his profligate spending. i'd rather us go back down to the dungeon than have him back. I'd prefer us to live within our means and not live some dream. been there done that and nearly lost the club I've supported all my life as a result.

knocked the nail on the head there feedback.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:13 pm

And what was the money spent on?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Feedback wrote:we should never look back, only forward.

Well if he hadn't come in when he did then the club wouldn't be here now would it.

But you are right on the dungeon thing. I wouldn't mind the club being in the 4th division at the moment because it would clear all the leaches out of the club. Those fuckers never wanted to know us when we were there in the 4th div and they wouldn't want to know if we were back there. I'll tell you something for nothing, if we were in the 4th division at this moment in time, whilst your Gethin Jenkins' and your PMG's etc were walking away, Sam would still want to come back in.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:28 am

BigGwynram wrote:We are like headless chickens at the moment.Who really is steering the ship? we have a Chairman in Malaysia, who is responsible for 30% of the shares,now I don't know about you, but if I owned 30% of the shares I wouldn't expect to be 100% responsible for the debt and the running costs.

I have a gut feeling the Malaysians are testing the financial committment of the other share holders/directors and are saying "here's our wedge, where's yours".

We need a strong character to head things up and show some real direction, and please don't tell me its Gethin Jenkins, we need someone who knows football and knows how to deal with people and press, allready I'm hearing spin the tour was cancelled because of the poor facilities in Malaysai, total bollox, if that was the case why weren't they checked before hand, why cancel now rather than weeks ago, if I was a Malaysian i'd be well pissed off, it makes Malaysia sound like a third world country, they will see this as a real snub.

Any apologies to the fans who have booked flights and holidays to Malaysia, doubt it, they only care about Real fans :x

The next few days are critical, no plans, no players, no tour, no direction, NO MORE PLEASE SORT IT OUT.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16609 :roll:

Good post Gwyn.