Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Fanzine

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:42 am

Would anyone want to be involved in this for this season?

Basically, just a light-hearted magazine that we will sell at various home games.

We could have anything in it, really. Though, I expect the Club would like to proof read it first.

If we can get enough people to say they'll contribute then i'll ask the Club if we'd be able to sell it at the Stadium on matchdays.

Obviously, it would be difficult to have it out for every match unless several people chip in for printing costs.

PM me if you have any ideas, as well.

Cheers.

Re: Cardiff City Fanzine

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:50 am

Hero of the month and villain of the month would be good to have in it. Just simple things like that.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:44 am

I used to love reading WTBF back in the 90's :D

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:54 pm

What was that fanzine with 70's hooligan cartoon in it :D Very funny

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:30 pm

Yeah man, come up with a name and I'll make the cover?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:33 pm

The problem any fanzine has,as TBL found out, is any serious / news items quickly become dated,especially as news breaks on websites. Well,this website, not sure about others :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Xcasual wrote:What was that fanzine with 70's hooligan cartoon in it :D Very funny

Bluebird Jones. It was all cartoons and was really good. Think the cartoon you mean was 70's man.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:40 pm

scots bluebird wrote:
Xcasual wrote:What was that fanzine with 70's hooligan cartoon in it :D Very funny

Bluebird Jones. It was all cartoons and was really good. Think the cartoon you mean was 70's man.

that's the 1 very good

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:04 pm

I've also put something on the CCS forum. Someone suggested a name of Ayatollah.

Any other ideas so we can make an informed decision?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:16 pm

If you like Bluebird Jones - he's put some of the cartoon up here
http://www.urban75.org/comics/index.html

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Cheers Stan :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:56 pm

Any chance I could have this pinned?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:16 pm

the days of fanzines are over now we have the internet , plenty of half decent blog sites do the same thing :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm

I'd buy one outside the ground anyway :ayatollah: I still buy wtbf.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:39 am

I'm going to be putting together a draft for this over the weekend. I'm going to email Notts County to see if there's any chance of selling it inside the away end for our match there this month..

I would still like one or two other editors, as well as me, for the Fanzine.

Also, any suggestions for the name and what we could put in there are more than welcome! If so, PM me as i'll pay more attention to that than this thread.

Cheers..