Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just got back..

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:20 pm

from Peterborough to Reading, and to say I am lost for words is an understatement. My wife thought I had lost my voice through singing and shouting, I wish.
To start with I said to Annis yesterday about the changes that needed to be made, they were, the style of play needed to be changed, it was. 1st half we played with players out wide, both Whittingham and Burke stretching their team all over the park, giving our players time and space to play. Great outcome going in at half-time 4-0 up.
Talking to people around my son and I in the stands at half time, we all said that we hoped that DJ wouldn't be complacent and settle for the score, how right we were.
What is it with us? We allowed them to get a goal early in the half but still did not press them as in the first half. The teams that I have coached have been 4-5 goals up before and after each and every goal they are geed up and told to start again as if it was 0-0 so as not to take things for granted, so why o why doesn’t DJ and co. do the same? :evil:
As if the result wasn’t bad enough the response at the end of the match by DJ and the players left a very bitter taste in my mouth and left me totally speechless. :evil: :evil:
The journey back to Reading was very quite with neither my son nor I speaking till we got to Oxford.
What the fall out from this match is going to be I dread to think. Still, we are Cardiff and we will move on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: