Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:11 pm

Yesterday I created a thread about the club being in crisis, it is in crisis a management crisis, nobody has control down there.

Yesterday in the very thread I told how Langston must be paid £10 million by the end of the year or it reverts back to £24 million I will explain how and why.

1. There has been 3 agreements with Langston, the first of which was an unsecured loan of £24 million taken out by Sam but not against the club, when the council were in talks with the club over the land for the new stadium they told the club that it could afford a debt of £24 million an dto work it on it.

2. That is why the 2nd agreement came into place, it was £15 million and then £9 million for stadium naming rights, this was done to satisfy the council but the amount remained at £24 million for Langston, whether the 2nd agreement is legally binding is a matter for the courts because of certain actions.

3. The 3rd agreement is the latest one that we all know has been written down to £10 million but due to the incompetence of our previous chairman this agreement has never been signed off, it was agreed but never signed, so that leaves Langston in the driving seat, they could have at any time called in the £24 million but they have remained patient for the good of the club. So it will be £24 million at the end of the year and not increasing to £11 million, then £12 million and so on, this will become public knowledge.

Yesterday I told how we must pay Sunderland £1.5 million for the remainder of the deal, it was reported differently by our then Chairman Peter Ridsdale but today the press backed up my claims exactly.

Today I received a message from TG after he read my Club in Crisis post and I am pleased at his response, here is Tg's message :

"We came through when the club needed the support most. And now you can imagine that we are wading thru 5years of a previous regime.
It is not an easy task. We are 36per cent and have put in 6m pounds as promised.
All I ask at this stage is rally round to support this club and help us undo 5years of the previous setting. We have to do this together whether as a fan, shareholder, employee and so on.
We have the resolve and I want the fans to have the resolve to. We need all the support we can get."
Best regards,
Tg

So I have asked many times for everyone to be patient and there TG is asking to for the fans support and resolve, these malaysians are in it for the long haul let's support them.

Tomorrow, the solution will become more apparent, in tomorrow's Echo there will be big headlines on Sam Hammam and the possibility of his return to Cardiff City, I would welcome Sam's return because Sam cares for our club, Sam knows football and how to succeed in it.

Re: YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:22 pm

Thx Carl .............. patience is hard at this time when other clubs are transfer market wheeling and dealing , but I respect the fact that TG has contacted you - that tells me that he's not giving up , just overcoming short term problems. And , that gives me hope for the future. A season of stability is in order.

Is Sam coming home ?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:22 pm

Carl, Thanks again for the post. I hope TG repeats his message to a wider audience, it may help to calm some nerves, although announcing a player signing would go further amongst most fans.

Is tomorrows Echo story, a "story" or news?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:23 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Carl, Thanks again for the post. I hope TG repeats his message to a wider audience, it may help to calm some nerves, although announcing a player signing would go further amongst most fans.

"BIG NEWS" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:24 pm

would be as good as a new signing with sam back at the helm.
he could steer the ship, advise the malaysians and im sure he would rid us of the egg.
roll on, please let it be true.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:27 pm

CORRECT Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
If Langston(Sam) wanted too they could at any time yesterday/today or Tomorrow DEMAND £24 Million of Cardiff City, but Sam has NEVER DONE THAT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also despite what certain posters have said your SPOT ON WITH IT, THEY ARE WRONG. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:29 pm

Excellent if true, a place on the board in for some of the money he is owed? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:30 pm

carlccfc wrote;

Yesterday I created a thread about the club being in crisis, it is in crisis a management crisis, nobody has control down there.

That just about says it all carl as I agree our club is in the middle of a management crisis which in turn is giving us fans a crisis of confidence in the management.

Someone down there needs to pick the responsibility of the day to day running, including paying wages when they are due, I would love to read the job description of the CEO I bet managing budgets / cashflow would be in there somewhere.

One question I would like an answer to is are we refusing bids for our players because the board are trying to keep the squad intact, or is it because PR mortgaged the future income from player sales to the Player Finance Fund in Grand Cayman. The PFF will be entitled to the first £4.5m from any player sales.

In the last few years we have sold a player at the end of the season demanding as much up front cash as possible, following this PFF mortgage the club cannot do this this year. I suppose this falls in the 5 year regime mess TG is talking about.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CORRECT Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
If Langston(Sam) wanted too they could at any time yesterday/today or Tomorrow DEMAND £24 Million of Cardiff City, but Sam has NEVER DONE THAT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Also despite what certain posters have said your SPOT ON WITH IT, THEY ARE WRONG. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Did I imagine the court case?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7290681.stm

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Back of the Net wrote:Carl, Thanks again for the post. I hope TG repeats his message to a wider audience, it may help to calm some nerves, although announcing a player signing would go further amongst most fans.

"BIG NEWS" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:33 pm

this is part of a message I had from TG at the end of last November and so since then I have and continue to have every faith in him and his colleagues - please be patient with him because he honestly has the welfare of our club uppermost in his mind and heart. -

I will have my first board meeting soon and will meet the clubs staff.
I can assure you that I have the clubs welfare at heart and also from a fans perspective.
I think we all need to be focussed and very carefully nurse and nurture what I believe is a great welsh institution.
We all need to be honest with this objective and I can assure you that I will do my best within my ability.
But will need all the support and good counsel available.
Thanks and keep in touch.
Best wishes.
Tg.

Please note the part that he will need all the support and good counsel available and that includes the fans and also the current board and major shareholders. I am sure the fans are on his side, I cannot speak for the other board members and major shareholders as I do not have their ear but if it all goes tits up, I know where I will be laying the blame - do you???

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:33 pm

NJ73 wrote:

And thats why I put Sam by the side and please read tomorrows Echo, THE TRUTH, Not Ridsdale lies and spin anymore :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

And thats why I put Sam by the side and please read tomorrows Echo, THE TRUTH, Not Ridsdale lies and spin anymore :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So are you saying Sam didn't take the club to court demanding payment?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Carl, i have also been in contact with TG today and here are some of his replies to my concerns. :ayatollah:

"As you can imagine we are wading thru 5years of a previous management and its only when you get in that you can see what's ahead.
As you know we came in to assist when the club most needed just to survive. And we were at wembley!
So hope you understand that it is stil a bumpy ride and we could do with all the support we can get in our endeavour.
Best wishes". Tg

"Thanks. When we put in the 6m most of it went to paying the tax and other statutory payments. The clubs revenues were taken forward and huge holes have appeared. We are working hard at plugging them and given time we have a better chance.
We need fans to understand that we put in the investment to prevent closure and not even being able to get to wembley.
Now we have to clear so much more and this takes time and a lot of money.
That's the bottom line.
Best regards." Tg

"We have always put forward financial discipline. We have plans and this must be on the basis of being realistic.
But we will do our best and we need the support of fans on a realistic platform. Only then can we build a solid club.
There is no shortcut and in any worthy cause.
The only promise I can make is we will do our best. The whole company.!"

"Yes. Because this has always been our stand. We need the understanding and rational thinking. The test is if you were in our shoes what would you have done.... Never easy. The media will always have views but how many actually view it from this angle.
Regards."Tg

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:36 pm

I am saying The Riddler stabbed him in the back and Sam was demanding back in to the club, READ TOMORROWS Echo. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:That is why the 2nd agreement came into place, it was £15 million and then £9 million for stadium naming rights, this was done to satisfy the council but the amount remained at £24 million for Langston, whether the 2nd agreement is legally binding is a matter for the courts because of certain actions.

The 3rd agreement is the latest one that we all know has been written down to £10 million but due to the incompetence of our previous chairman this agreement has never been signed off, it was agreed but never signed, so that leaves Langston in the driving seat, they could have at any time called in the £24 million but they have remained patient for the good of the club. So it will be £24 million at the end of the year and not increasing to £11 million, then £12 million and so on, this will become public knowledge.

So let's get this straight, Carl.

Are you saying that the December 2009 Langston deal is null and void, but the November 2006 agreement is valid and binding?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:40 pm

nobby wrote:Carl, i have also been in contact with TG today and here are some of his replies to my concerns. :ayatollah:

"As you can imagine we are wading thru 5years of a previous management and its only when you get in that you can see what's ahead.
As you know we came in to assist when the club most needed just to survive. And we were at wembley!
So hope you understand that it is stil a bumpy ride and we could do with all the support we can get in our endeavour.
Best wishes". Tg

"Thanks. When we put in the 6m most of it went to paying the tax and other statutory payments. The clubs revenues were taken forward and huge holes have appeared. We are working hard at plugging them and given time we have a better chance.
We need fans to understand that we put in the investment to prevent closure and not even being able to get to wembley.
Now we have to clear so much more and this takes time and a lot of money.
That's the bottom line.
Best regards." Tg

"We have always put forward financial discipline. We have plans and this must be on the basis of being realistic.
But we will do our best and we need the support of fans on a realistic platform. Only then can we build a solid club.
There is no shortcut and in any worthy cause.
The only promise I can make is we will do our best. The whole company.!"

"Yes. Because this has always been our stand. We need the understanding and rational thinking. The test is if you were in our shoes what would you have done.... Never easy. The media will always have views but how many actually view it from this angle.
Regards."Tg

Yes they have been left an allmighty mess and it will take an allmighty effort by everyone concerned to get us out of it. It's nice to hear the truth is at last beginning to come out. We wil all know where the blame lies soon enough. Roll on tomorrow I say ;)

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:48 pm

This will piss off guy & hall, Is that the reason for bringing sam back

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks again Carl! Can't wait for tomorrow. Don't think that I am going to be able to sleep tonight now! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:52 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
carlccfc wrote:That is why the 2nd agreement came into place, it was £15 million and then £9 million for stadium naming rights, this was done to satisfy the council but the amount remained at £24 million for Langston, whether the 2nd agreement is legally binding is a matter for the courts because of certain actions.

The 3rd agreement is the latest one that we all know has been written down to £10 million but due to the incompetence of our previous chairman this agreement has never been signed off, it was agreed but never signed, so that leaves Langston in the driving seat, they could have at any time called in the £24 million but they have remained patient for the good of the club. So it will be £24 million at the end of the year and not increasing to £11 million, then £12 million and so on, this will become public knowledge.

So let's get this straight, Carl.

Are you saying that the December 2009 Langston deal is null and void, but the November 2006 agreement is valid and binding?

Dave any chance of an apology ?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:Dave any chance of an apology ?

For what, Carl?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:53 pm

I have reached the clear conclusion that this is not a case for summary judgment,
because on the assumed facts the Club has a real prospect of a successful defence,
MR JUSTICE BRIGGS
Approved Judgment
Langston v. Cardiff City FC
treating its alternative claim for rectification as part of that defence. It follows that it
is unnecessary for me to address issues (if there any) as to quantum, and that I should
express my reasons for my conclusion in a form which does not pre-judge the
outcome of the relevant issues, once the facts have been fully deployed and tested at a
trial.
not my words the judges.
http://clients.squareeye.com/uploads/oec/CCFCjmnt.pdf

So if Risdale didn't sign the deal off no money due until 2016
so TG and Sam look to be reaching some kind of an argeement.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:54 pm

carl, I'm not sure if this has been asked so apologies if it has or if you have already made this clear.
Firstly my understanding of the sam situation is not as good as the current one but if he was to return in the role people are talking about then would this be a benefit in the langston situation? My concern is there are to many personalties and egos there and the danger is that sam could push this over the
edge?
Also my knowledge of pmg is that the 3 directors there who have and possibly still hold shares at ccfc is that 2 of them are football fans and ccfc fans at that, they are as you say firstly money men but I'm sure we could renegotiate the loan owed to them?

The Lone Gunman wrote:

For what, Carl?

Often saying that my posts are inaccurate but now you are asking me questions.

The Lone Gunman wrote:

For what, Carl?

For saying he was wrong, when Carl was 200% right all a long. Cant you ever admit when your wrong ?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:56 pm

i would love to see sam return ..onwards n upwards

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:59 pm

sleepwalker wrote:I have reached the clear conclusion that this is not a case for summary judgment,
because on the assumed facts the Club has a real prospect of a successful defence,
MR JUSTICE BRIGGS
Approved Judgment
Langston v. Cardiff City FC
treating its alternative claim for rectification as part of that defence. It follows that it
is unnecessary for me to address issues (if there any) as to quantum, and that I should
express my reasons for my conclusion in a form which does not pre-judge the
outcome of the relevant issues, once the facts have been fully deployed and tested at a
trial.
not my words the judges.
http://clients.squareeye.com/uploads/oec/CCFCjmnt.pdf

So if Risdale didn't sign the deal off no money due until 2016
so TG and Sam look to be reaching some kind of an argeement.

READ TOMORROWS ECHO THE TRUTH IS FINALLY OUT 6 pages off it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Read tomorrow's Echo :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:00 pm

carlccfc wrote:Often saying that my posts are inaccurate but now you are asking me questions.

Come on Carl, your posts often are inaccurate, and you know that as well as I do. You've changed your stance on the club's position so dramatically within the last ten days or so it's untrue! We can't possibly be a club on the up and be a club in crisis, can we?

I am simply asking you what you believe is the situation with Langston. If you believe the November 2006 agreement is valid, then no payments of any sort are due to Langston (either principal sum or interest) until 31 December 2016, as those were the terms of that agreement. But you are saying the club will owe £24 million at the end of this year. I don't see how that can be so.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For saying he was wrong, when Carl was 200% right all a long. Cant you ever admit when your wrong ?

I'm not the one who has been making bold and contradictory statements about the future of the club every five minutes!