Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COULD THIS REALLY HAPPEN ? " THE DREAM TEAM"

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:02 am

Links here

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26762216/

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26762217/

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26762233/

The only thing I did not agree with was The Riddler being involved but I do now know the reason why.

Re: COULD THIS REALLY HAPPEN ? " THE DREAM TEAM"

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:13 am

The Riddler involvement has pissed me of too , but like u said there is a reason for that and if it means Sam returns and CCFC can continue Im happy . I also think that maybe Gethin Jenkins should be given a chance and work under Sam's wing , never know he could turn out to be avery good FOOTBALL minded CEO with the right mentor ? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:33 am

I have done a seperate post to this lower down, but thought it would be worth linking it to this.

PR'S ROLE IN THIS MEETING
by BigGwynram ยป Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:30 am

Personally I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, no actually it's less than I could throw him.

How Sam can sit in the same room as the back stabber is beyond me, but he's told me the reason'sbehind it and it does make sense, but I still couldn't do it.

Sam will not meet with TG if People like PMG or Whitely etc are there, but obviosuly someone needs to be there to either give some truth and factual information to the dealings that have gone on ( mind you truth and PR aren't words I'd link together).

Sam wants someone to ratify some of the points he will make, obviously without deep knowlege of past events TG will only be hearing Sam's side if no third party are involved, so I can see some sense behind it.

If the Malaysians will work out a deal that see's them controlling the overall finances and setting budgets etc. the leave Sam do the football, then I can see this working, Sam's record in scouting non league and young talent and then developing them is legendary and Wimbledon were second to none on record for bringing thru talent during Sam's tenure.

Anyone who knows Sam knows how much belief he has in youth set up and also his passion for watching football anywhere and anytime in the search for the next Jerome or Ramsey.

I can understand people's aprehension but few of those people have suggested viable alternatives, I have a lot of belief and trust that the Malaysian's are honourable and switched on and that they have the right plans for the long term stable future of our club.
BigGwynram

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:59 am

Gwyn I tottally understand what u are saying about Sam but I'm right on the fence regarding this. I will say that I have always said Sam would return as we have not as a club tried that hard to pay this debt off to langstons have we?
I'm not saying this is a good idea or not but I ask that we use our heads and not our hearts on this because of desperation. Remember the bigger mug tee shirt?
I suppose it could only happen at the city eh??

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:02 am

I posted approximately a month when everybody was talking about the Malaysians taking over that i had a gut feeling that Sam would want to take some of the money he was owed and convert into shares and would have a role within the club

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:15 am

I am so nervous about the input from the riddler.

How can anyone trust him (especially Sam Hamman) after the way he has milked the club for his own financial gain. I have often wondered why the club have never called in the police to investigate him, and now he is to be the honest broker - nah it doesn't sit right for me.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:17 am

ridofrid wrote:I am so nervous about the input from the riddler.

How can anyone trust him (especially Sam Hamman) after the way he has milked the club for his own financial gain. I have often wondered why the club have never called in the police to investigate him, and now he is to be the honest broker - nah it doesn't sit right for me.

I agree BUT has Riddler broken the Law or just been a legal and above board crook or is he just an out and out con man ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:25 am

Of all the crooks available in the world why ridsdale?

He lied and conned the fans out of their money just before xmas, and now he is going to be brought it to confirm the truth.

If TG and VT are going to make any judgements, based on the word of a man that doesn't even understand the meaning of the word truth, then I for one am very worried.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:43 am

Can someone point out where this development will leave PMG, Whiteley and Gethin Jenkins? I thought PMG had a big say in everything that happens with Cardiff City? Gwyn suggested in his post that Sam would not want to be in discussions with PMG so how is it going to work long term? Its seems to me that there is some history between the main people at Cardiff City, how can this be resolved to allow Sam back in?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:48 am

Langston is Sam we all know it, the courts know it. If I was Sam and found out that a Billionare had taken a controling interest in a company that owed me millions I would also try and get my feet back under the table. Sam's not doing this for the Love of the City, he's doing it becasue he can now see a clear route to making a return on the money he lost. If and this is a big if the 10 million does resort to 24 million by the end of the year, he has TG over a barrel. Thing is I suggest this is Sams word not the clubs and as Sams statment in Echo regarding the Stadium confirms, He's still full of shit.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:05 am

dream team ?

more like a nightmare

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:17 am

Annis is quoted as saying that Sam will invest fresh millions, presumably in addition to converting debt in to shares?
Is this correct?
Bosco

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:17 am

And what dream do you have sludge?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:19 am

Sam coming back to get millions from the Malaysians, yeh OK pug, do you think Borley and PMG and Whiteley etc would want out if it was as simple as that, Please nice Malaysian people give me lot's of money because I am a nice person.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:22 am

BigGwynram wrote:And what dream do you have sludge?

oen that dosnt involve sam hammam back at cardiff city , that dream

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:24 am

Bosco Blue wrote:Annis is quoted as saying that Sam will invest fresh millions, presumably in addition to converting debt in to shares?
Is this correct?
Bosco

Well it if he converted his debt into shares, he would become the majority share holder.Thats Not going to happen, the other shareholders won't allow it. The Echo staes he has upto 12 million to invest, but it doesn't make a distinction between a right off or hard new cash. I's say the chances of Sam investing significant new money into the club are slim to complete bollocks.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 am

BigGwynram wrote:Sam coming back to get millions from the Malaysians, yeh OK pug, do you think Borley and PMG and Whiteley etc would want out if it was as simple as that, Please nice Malaysian people give me lot's of money because I am a nice person.

how is sam going to get this money into the club either by writing off his loan for shares or investing money if the exisiting shareholders wont allow it ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:27 am

Sludge,

What would your view be if say the Malaysians were the ones managing the finances, Hammam working within those constraints?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:28 am

Sludge wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Sam coming back to get millions from the Malaysians, yeh OK pug, do you think Borley and PMG and Whiteley etc would want out if it was as simple as that, Please nice Malaysian people give me lot's of money because I am a nice person.

how is sam going to get this money into the club either by writing off his loan for shares or investing money if the exisiting shareholders wont allow it ?

Malaysians have what, 36% of shares? PMG would go for it if they see it as being a way of getting their money back sooner rather than later.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:31 am

Gwyn, this is only a story because allegedily the 10 million we owe Langston reverts to 24 million at the end of the year if not paid. Becasue it hasn't been rubber stamped, something the Malaysians missed or over looked whilst doing due dillengence. Do you really think that Sam is willing to chuck millions more into this club with a share holding of 2% whilst waiting to be paid his 10 million? The only reason he's still sniffing around this club is because he's a major creditor and now we have a billionare with a controlling interest he's like bee's around a honey pot.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:33 am

Yes Ok sludge so your dream is no Sam, so what do you dream as a replacement for Borley and PmG and Whitely who are not prepared to put anymore money in and want out, So we lose them block Sam, don't tell me the Trust have millions and will step in, good dream, let's keep it real though is it.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:38 am

BigGwynram wrote:Yes Ok sludge so your dream is no Sam, so what do you dream as a replacement for Borley and PmG and Whitely who are not prepared to put anymore money in and want out, So we lose them block Sam, don't tell me the Trust have millions and will step in, good dream, let's keep it real though is it.

Gwyn, if Sam makes a deal with the current board with regard to writing off the debts owed to Langston (who now happen to be Sam by the looks of it) I will happily back the regime. Problem is I don't believe for a millisecond he has any money to invest.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:44 am

and how is that going to come about ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:45 am

BigGwynram wrote:Yes Ok sludge so your dream is no Sam, so what do you dream as a replacement for Borley and PmG and Whitely who are not prepared to put anymore money in and want out, So we lose them block Sam, don't tell me the Trust have millions and will step in, good dream, let's keep it real though is it.

why slag off the trust again gwyn ?

thats never been the aim of the trust and you very well know it

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:52 am

Honey pot are you real, where is the honey, Personally If I was sam I wouldn't come near the place after the last experience, I would sit back with my legal documents and let it take the legal route.
However if Sam can see it's going tits up on the long term football front then obvously he wants to protect his interets by getting things back on track footballing wise, and is that a bad thing for us.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:58 am

How is that slagging off the Trust, I'm asking you for alterantives which seem to be few and far between, it as been asked before many times about the Trust buying shares and having some control and I honestly believe that would be FAN tastic, but with the sums of money involved and required it is also an impossibility at the present time.

However some people do think its a possibility, if someone comes up with a better plan they will have my full support, until then I can't see a better solution on the table, at the end of the day the malaysians will have the final say and if they thinks its viable, then we got to support it, if they don't thinks its viable, then lets hope they have a better plan.

BigGwynram wrote:Honey pot are you real, where is the honey, Personally If I was sam I wouldn't come near the place after the last experience, I would sit back with my legal documents and let it take the legal route.
However if Sam can see it's going tits up on the long term football front then obvously he wants to protect his interets by getting things back on track footballing wise, and is that a bad thing for us.

And how is he going to get things back on track football wise? It's money we lack. Also if I was sam, the last thing I would want to get involved in is a legal battle with a group backed by a billionare, there's only going to be one winner there and it's won't be Sam.

Hammam will not invest one penny of his own money into CCFC - he didn't in the past and he won't do so now.

In case anyone needs reminding he BORROWED money to invest in the club, spent it wildly and saddled us with an enormous debt that still hangs around our club.

I hope that the talks between SH, TG and PR are solely to look at restructuring the debt he accrued, not to let him back onto the Board.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:59 am

Sludge wrote:

why slag off the trust again gwyn ?

thats never been the aim of the trust and you very well know it

How exactly is he slagging the Trust off, Sludge, he's asking you what your alternative would be.

Other than Sam, care to name any?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:59 am

Claude Blue wrote:Hammam will not invest one penny of his own money into CCFC - he didn't in the past and he won't do so now.

In case anyone needs reminding he BORROWED money to invest in the club, spent it wildly and saddled us with an enormous debt that still hangs around our club.

I hope that the talks between SH, TG and PR are solely to look at restructuring the debt he accrued, not to let him back onto the Board.

Fact, Claude?