Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

annis re dave jones?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:49 am

i know your not a fan but regardless of dave jones's wages who do you think could have done a equal or better job under the circumstances that dave has had in the past few seasons???
and who would you like to see come in if jones is sacked this season and a few million was to be given to his replacement??

i think under a malaysian/hammam regime neil wornock would be good or old school peter reid :ayatollah:

Re: annis re dave jones?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:50 am

Ian Holloway, and i think we could've got him.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 am

Eddie may :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:18 am

I think Dave Jones,under exeptional circumstances,has done a fine job for us.If he could have had money to spend in January,we would be in the Prem now.Brian Flynn would be a next good call.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:28 am

Wolf wrote:I think Dave Jones,under exeptional circumstances,has done a fine job for us.If he could have had money to spend in January,we would be in the Prem now.Brian Flynn would be a next good call.

good shout i think flynn is a great manager..
martinez next season?? :lol:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 am

whatever happened to old wrexham manager smith ??

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:26 am

sousa

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:47 am

I have always been a fan of Brian Flynn and would love to see him given ago at CCFC, although there are problems with his insistance on living in the Burnley area, apparently it was a big issue when he was in charge of Swansea.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:48 am

jinks/cwm wrote:i know your not a fan but regardless of dave jones's wages who do you think could have done a equal or better job under the circumstances that dave has had in the past few seasons???
and who would you like to see come in if jones is sacked this season and a few million was to be given to his replacement??

i think under a malaysian/hammam regime neil wornock would be good or old school peter reid :ayatollah:

Jink
In the last 5 years, I dont believe Dave Jones has been under any pressure as the Chairmen have had it all. Also I know for a fact all the off field problems never got to the playing side, yes wages were late, but by days every time. Jones every season had more money available to him than nearly any other manager in the championship, he has paid silly wages out and wasted millions,also he bottles it at the final hurdle nearly every time,plus he has NO Plan B.
I agree come Jan, he never gets the money he has planned on, maybe he should not wasted so much in August.
What has he Won ?
To be fair This is the Season that he has never had any money whats so ever and its a massive test for him, but what ever happens this year, if he never gets any money I Def wont blame him.

Dave Jones, I think its 2 promotions in 19 years with Stockport and Wolves(including 1 in the last 13 years)

Neil Warnock, Darren Ferguson, Steve Coppel, Ian Holloway(always rated him look at last years posts) etc etc, I believe there are plenty out there.

JUST MY OPINION.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:52 am

maybe time for a change but is mid season the time to do it ? A new manager in after the play off final would have been the best time but as we know we cant afford to pay off Jones can we ? :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:46 am

Can't see Jonesy leaving mid season, he's a family man, kids settled in school etc. If he was to move it would be at the end of a season.