Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Re: " Vincent Tan, Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo Yesterday "

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:38 am

Of course it's up to Annis himself, but for me Tan has admitted mistakes, shown his commitment and passion for our club so let's move on and get behind him.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:58 am

Pulisnewport wrote:It's all about opinions and I can see Annis point of view (even if he was wrong on this occasion).

It takes a bigger man to admit he was wrong which Tan has done. I am sure in the future Annis will look upon the opportunity as one he lost but that does not make him any worse for it.

Life is a learning excercise and we all never get it right.

Tan has put his money where his mouth is and just that deserves respect as no one else has in the Clubs history, maybe not to the extent he has. The future looks very bright and I also hope that every supporter pulls together to get the Club going forward. As I have pointed out before we have enough supporters across the bridge who like to see us in disarray without doing it to ourselves.

Hopefully a meeting for Annis will bring more light to his opinion, I hope so :ayatollah:

Top post in the past you have been tans biggest critic but like you said he is trying to put his past mistakes right and he is the only one to put his money where his mouth is

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:03 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:No problem with Annis not shaking Tans hand, I find it bizarre that that's even a point of discussion. I wouldn't have shaken his hand either.

However having said that I fail to see what a private chat between Tan, Annis and Carl would achieve? He's already spoken to elected members of the trust, why individual fans?

Annis is not just any fan, to be fair, he has a lot of influence through this forums popularity. I'm sure once he gets his ego personally massaged by the Cardiff hierarchy he will get with the programme. Just like he did, when Tan personally chatted to him up at Treforest :thumbup:

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:16 am

FAO Forever blue.

Am I a sheep for wanting a united club???

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:17 am

troobloo3339 wrote:Annis I'm sorry to have to say this to you
But you just said tan hurt you so much you nearly walked away
If you knew then what you know now would you have walked away under Sam as Langston
I know Sam has hurt you big time being Langston
To some Sam being Langston is as bad as some of what tan did to us

Sam said he was Langston to conclude business. Sam was never Langston just there mouthpiece

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:52 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Of course it's up to Annis himself, but for me Tan has admitted mistakes, shown his commitment and passion for our club so let's move on and get behind him.

That is fair enough if Tan himself was to also move on. But he cannot stop mentioning Malky and Ole in every interview. The "moving on and reuniting" the club should come from the top. The very people who caused the problems in the beginning.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:54 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
If you knew then what you know now would you have walked away under Sam as Langston

Sam said he was Langston to conclude business. Sam was never Langston just there mouthpiece

Nukes, since the 'announcement' I've thought hard about 'reasons' why Sam wouldn't have wanted to admit to being Langston and I think you may well not be too far off the mark there! ;) :thumbup:

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:24 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
polo wrote:

You think Annis didn't know Sam was Langston? :laughing5:

Well I believe annis was very hurt by Sam when it came out officially that he was Langston
I know for a fact that Sam promised annis he was not Langston
Right upto the day it came up he was telling annis he wasn't Langston
So yes polo I do think annis didn't know

Being cynical I'm starting to picture the end of Life of Brian where everyone is shouting "I'm Langston" having been nailed to the red seats in the Ninian Stand by Emperor Vinney.

In exchange for £5m I would be happy to admit to a lot worse short of being a Jack season ticket holder. In this case words were not cheap to VT but who can blame Sam for making that statement in exchange for a shedload of cash?

Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:40 pm

A very strange bunch on here, even when someone
confesses to finally admitting what 99% already knew
Some still cannot or will not accept it as truth and would
Prefer to concoct some kind of elaborate reason why he's confessed, quite bizarre

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:22 pm

BlueMagic wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Fuckin hell look out the biggest bullshitter on the forum is back with more complete and utter bullshit. When are the muppets gonna take their toungue out of sam hammams arse and finally give vincent tan the credit he deserves and just forget the rebrand which hes correcred and move on.

Fella, I learned something recently that made me question 'to what extent' Sam was involved and I am now convinced there is a lot more to come out one day in future, but it won't be anytime soon, as all parties appear somewhat 'happy' with the result ;)

No one doubts that Sam was involved deeply and no one (seriously) can question Tan currently deserves credit for finally getting the Langston Millstone off our backs, no matter how it 'could' have been done earlier!

It is time to move on, but just don't believe everything (positive or negative) that is currently being 'spun' on either side, as each has their own agenda and for massively different reasons

The truth will always out eventually and occasionally humble pie has to be ate! ;)

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Vincent Tan, Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo Yesterday at Charlton v Cardiff City

Yes they were all welcomed yesterday in the away end ,40 minutes before kick -off, Tan had a good welcome from some City fans.

I can see it seems to interest many City fans why I chose not to thank him or shake his hand, but that's my right and my prerogative and my own beliefs and opinions should be respected, I'm not a sheep, I'm my own man and always have been.

As a Ive detailed below, Tan is the only person in 43 years to have hurt me that much regarding my club I love so do dearly and always supported no matter what.

I managed to have another good chat with our chairman Mehmet Dalman(as you can see below in the photo by the press)and he asked if we could have a meeting with myself and Carl and discuss about how we could unite our club, I have said that's all I really want to see happen and I agreed to it.

I am hoping that Tan will be present without an audience looking on and it's not a show and we really can sort our differences out for the good of our club.

Dalman and I did discuss next seasons season tickets and that we need to get our lost fans back.
We did discuss Langston and I am happy with what Dalman told me.

What I wrote the other day

‘ VINCENT TAN WAS THE NEAREST IVE EVER COME ‘

By Annis Abraham
I’ve always said this and I have supported my team/club no matter who the owner/manager/chairman is, my love for the name Cardiff City comes way above them.

I’ve never failed to turn up because of bad results/colour etc. I’ve moaned and stood up to owners/managers etc but my team/club has always come first unlike thousands of others who have just stopped going and made every excuse up.

43 consecutive seasons I’ve renewed my season ticket and Ive seen it all, over 2,000 City games from friendlies,reserve games, to cup games I’ve watched Cardiff play. Tan was the nearest I’ve ever come to walking away from my club but I stood strong and stood up for our identity and never walked away or moved on like many said to do, who don’t go nowadays.

We are all allowed to believe how we feel and should be respected, like I respect others beliefs and opinions, that’s all I’ve got to say on the matter.

I will be at Charlton tomorrow and at Middlesbrough on a Tuesday night (my 12th visit) supporting my team, my club.

CHARLTON v CARDIFF CITY YESTERDAY

Annis was asked by Mehmet Dalman so why should'nt he do that, however I still think he was too close to Sam Hamman to have an unbiased perspective on it.
As to refusing to speak to Tan that is not helping the club unite,he should show is that even he can move on, what owner has not made mistakes, Tan realised that he had gone too far with the re-brand both from a commercial point of view and upsetting and dividing the fan base.He is trying to make amends and stabilise the club.I think Annis needs to move on as everyone wants what is best for Cardiff City and if he wants to be some sort of spokesman for the fans then fine, but I think it would help that he forgives Tan for his past actions and concentrate on helping the club move forward.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:17 pm

Sven wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Fuckin hell look out the biggest bullshitter on the forum is back with more complete and utter bullshit. When are the muppets gonna take their toungue out of sam hammams arse and finally give vincent tan the credit he deserves and just forget the rebrand which hes correcred and move on.

Fella, I learned something recently that made me question 'to what extent' Sam was involved and I am now convinced there is a lot more to come out one day in future, but it won't be anytime soon, as all parties appear somewhat 'happy' with the result ;)

No one doubts that Sam was involved deeply and no one (seriously) can question Tan currently deserves credit for finally getting the Langston Millstone off our backs, no matter how it 'could' have been done earlier!

It is time to move on, but just don't believe everything (positive or negative) that is currently being 'spun' on either side, as each has their own agenda and for massively different reasons

The truth will always out eventually and occasionally humble pie has to be ate! ;)

Instead of talking in mysterious little riddles, if you know something that the rest of us don't then why not spill it and let everyone make their mind up? Otherwise you just come across as a bullshitter, who makes out he's ITK and there is crtainly enough of those on the boards already :thumbup:

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:45 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Instead of talking in mysterious little riddles, if you know something that the rest of us don't then why not spill it and let everyone make their mind up? Otherwise you just come across as a bullshitter, who makes out he's ITK and there is crtainly enough of those on the boards already :thumbup:

I couldn't give a flying fig if I come across as (quote you) "a bullshitter" because there are some things that cannot be 100% confirmed at this time, which is why there are so many varied 'opinions' of what has gone on in recent times that whatever is said will not be accepted by some, depending on their entrenched views! ;)

I'm trying to see where exactly I talked in riddles? I simply stated (quote): "don't believe everything (positive or negative) that is currently being 'spun' on either side, as each has their own agenda and for massively different reasons" :?

As for ITK, I don't claim to be and rarely state things on this Forum that I know are totally untrue. However, as with the Riddler situation, I occasionally get told things (that will remain private) that put a different perspective on certain things and this is one!

Stick to your own beliefs for now, fella. From the aggressive tone of your responses on this thread, I'm guessing little anyone says that differs from your own forged opinions will matter one iota! :thumbup:

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:06 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

It was told on a thread on here (and not by myself) that Ron Noades was one who was Langston and there was one other that can't be named.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:07 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

It was told on a thread on here (and not by myself) that Ron Noades was one who was Langston and there was one other that can't be named.

Steve day has been sniffing to much of his wood glue :lol:

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:51 pm

Sven wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

I couldn't give a flying fig if I come across as (quote you) "a bullshitter" because there are some things that cannot be 100% confirmed at this time, which is why there are so many varied 'opinions' of what has gone on in recent times that whatever is said will not be accepted by some, depending on their entrenched views! ;)

I'm trying to see where exactly I talked in riddles? I simply stated (quote): "don't believe everything (positive or negative) that is currently being 'spun' on either side, as each has their own agenda and for massively different reasons" :?

As for ITK, I don't claim to be and rarely state things on this Forum that I know are totally untrue. However, as with the Riddler situation, I occasionally get told things (that will remain private) that put a different perspective on certain things and this is one!

Stick to your own beliefs for now, fella. From the aggressive tone of your responses on this thread, I'm guessing little anyone says that differs from your own forged opinions will matter one iota! :thumbup:

Your spending so much time saying absolutely nothing :lol: I don't even know what point your trying to make??

Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:18 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Sven wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Your spending so much time saying absolutely nothing :lol: I don't even know what point your trying to make??

I'm not surprised at that, fella, as you obviously can't work the message out! ;) :lol:

Try thinking of it in these terms:

I was told something by someone I would deem as 'wholly reliable' that there is still the potential for certain info to come to light in the longer term, but now is not the right time! ;)

Read into that what you like and ridicule at will, but just remember my final words in the original post (quote:) "The truth will always out eventually and occasionally humble pie has to be ate!"

I'll remind you of that when the time is right, fella but in the meantime you'll have to stay frustrated that occasionally (as in life) others know things you don't!

Sven over and out (on this subject) :wave: :thumbup:

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Vincent Tan, Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo Yesterday at Charlton v Cardiff City

Yes they were all welcomed yesterday in the away end ,40 minutes before kick -off, Tan had a good welcome from some City fans.

I can see it seems to interest many City fans why I chose not to thank him or shake his hand, but that's my right and my prerogative and my own beliefs and opinions should be respected, I'm not a sheep, I'm my own man and always have been.

As a Ive detailed below, Tan is the only person in 43 years to have hurt me that much regarding my club I love so do dearly and always supported no matter what.

I managed to have another good chat with our chairman Mehmet Dalman(as you can see below in the photo by the press)and he asked if we could have a meeting with myself and Carl and discuss about how we could unite our club, I have said that's all I really want to see happen and I agreed to it.

I am hoping that Tan will be present without an audience looking on and it's not a show and we really can sort our differences out for the good of our club.

Dalman and I did discuss next seasons season tickets and that we need to get our lost fans back.

By Annis Abraham
I’ve always said this and I have supported my team/club no matter who the owner/manager/chairman is, my love for the name Cardiff City comes way above them.

I’ve never failed to turn up because of bad results/colour etc. I’ve moaned and stood up to owners/managers etc but my team/club has always come first unlike thousands of others who have just stopped going and made every excuse up.

43 consecutive seasons I’ve renewed my season ticket and Ive seen it all, over 2,000 City games from friendlies,reserve games, to cup games I’ve watched Cardiff play. Tan was the nearest I’ve ever come to walking away from my club but I stood strong and stood up for our identity and never walked away or moved on like many said to do, who don’t go nowadays.

We are all allowed to believe how we feel and should be respected, like I respect others beliefs and opinions, that’s all I’ve got to say on the matter.

I will be at Charlton tomorrow and at Middlesbrough on a Tuesday night (my 12th visit) supporting my team, my club.

well done for sticking to your principles, i hope i would do the same in the circumstances.

if tan tried to do the same to a club with a higher proportion of fans who care about the clubs tradition, he wouldn't be able to set foot in the ground, let alone expect fans to shake his hand and pretend everything is ok. my respect for tan has gone, and i see him as a faceless investor who is passing through the club.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:39 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:

By Annis Abraham

well done for sticking to your principles, i hope i would do the same in the circumstances.

if tan tried to do the same to a club with a higher proportion of fans who care about the clubs tradition, he wouldn't be able to set foot in the ground, let alone expect fans to shake his hand and pretend everything is ok. my respect for tan has gone, and i see him as a faceless investor who is passing through the club.

Well said swampy lad

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Time will tell.

:sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:

Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:41 pm

:?
Post a reply