Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "Charity Football Match Confirmed"

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:54 am

2blue2handle wrote:not really....i got cold take away to eat yet :lol:

take away & I just had red bull & iced gems,what are ya waiting for get stuck in lad :D

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:59 am

mmmmm iced gems :lol: brings back the years them :D

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:59 am

PS sorry for taking ober this thread a bit Jayne xx

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:41 am

I am sure the referee will be able to provide some linesman however that will cost us also just depends on how serious we want this, Not sure how much the linesman charge however.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:46 am

Jayne count me in as always. I may have some prizes forthe raffle I've spoke with my boss in work and he's gonna try give us some prizes.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 am

claire wrote:Will Dobbin be fit by then?

Depends on if I get a good rub or not :oops: ;)

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:13 am

Hughesgirl,

As I said before I really think we should limit the numbers - I know it is for charity but should me max 15 14 would be ideal

Plus I also think first dibs should be given to those that went training and played in the last match

It will give everyone a fair time on the pitch -

If we get numbers there is no reason why we could not have two games against ccmb and A and a B side game

They had nearly twenty there i not more on Wednesday

Just some thoughts

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:24 am

Dobbin i understand what you are saying......i have told Nash about there being too many to do rolling subs but he hasnt got back to me........i doubt very much they will let us play 2 games on the day as i am also havin a childrens penalty kick out beforehand....

Trouble is everyone wants to play which is totally understandable, and i just havent got the answer for it sorry :(

I was hoping 2 of the boys from each side would be linesmen and if they pay the same as players they get the privalages the same as the players ..

let me see what Nash Says and go from there...the only other suggestion is ..if we do have enough to make 2 teams then we should have these games and let the last 2 standing play on the charity match?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:41 am

billyako wrote:Jayne count me in as always. I may have some prizes forthe raffle I've spoke with my boss in work and he's gonna try give us some prizes.

Brilliant news thanks Billy ur a star :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:58 am

Does anyone know a cheapish place to bu trophies from? was thinking of a man of the match, winner & runners up trophy or placards depends on what you would all prefer :D :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Jayne as dobbin 14/15 will be plenty or even just stick with the same squad as played the last game and if for any reason some of those boys can't make it then their positions get put up on here for players to fill gaps. End of the day had 2 training nights and a match where more players could have turned up and played. I know people will have had genuine excuses as to why they couldn't play/train etc but there also going to be a few who only now want to be involved because of what we are doing with the club. I am not looking for arguments or taking any digs I just think this is the fairest and easiest way to sort this out properly and fairly. I mean our back 4 was solid, midfield creative and front 2 deadly so where do we change and the subs also did well when the came on....even fish :lol:

P.S Ben did ok aswell haha.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:17 pm

I'll be their the veteran at the back , Although I do fancy ago a bit further up the pitch have to see what our marvelous captain dobbin says have to try and impress in training :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:55 pm

billyako wrote:Jayne as dobbin 14/15 will be plenty or even just stick with the same squad as played the last game and if for any reason some of those boys can't make it then their positions get put up on here for players to fill gaps. End of the day had 2 training nights and a match where more players could have turned up and played. I know people will have had genuine excuses as to why they couldn't play/train etc but there also going to be a few who only now want to be involved because of what we are doing with the club. I am not looking for arguments or taking any digs I just think this is the fairest and easiest way to sort this out properly and fairly. I mean our back 4 was solid, midfield creative and front 2 deadly so where do we change and the subs also did well when the came on....even fish :lol:

P.S Ben did ok aswell haha.

I agree with you there mate.. Everybody who went to training and played the games should play.. They made the effort before :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:54 pm

hughesygirl wrote:"SUNDAY 22ND AUGUST KICK OFF 2PM "

LOOKING FOR A DEFINATE 11 PLAYERS WITH ABOUT 6 SUBS

ASLO NEED 4 LINES MEN IF POSSIBLE

PENALTY SHOOT OUT FOR THE CHILDREN ( CARDIFF CITY GOALIE TO BE CONFIRMED SOON)

RAFFLE PRIZES,

Providing i can get a PA system then we will have Wiggy off Real Radio doing the music & Ali to do the commentating

OPEN BAR AT CCS PRE-MATCH AND AFTER MATCH

£20 PER PLAYER

REFEREE TO BE SORTED OUT £20

PICTURE AT PITCH SIDE (CCFC) TOUR OF CCS, USE OF SHOWERS/CHANGING ROOMS

AAMB TO WEAR BLUE-------------------------------CCMB RED/YELLOW (YOU TO CHOOSE)

PLEASE SIGN UP AND COME PLAY FOR CHARITY SHOULD BE A GOOD DAY TOO, SO BRING THE WHOLE FAMILY & FRIENDS DOWN
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

f*cking deadly :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:03 pm

mmmmm It is a tough one.

I couldnt train because I work till 7pm on Wednesday and that is the reason i didnt play in the match also.

Sunday is fine for me though and I would love to play :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Playing for the other MB! Hopefully my knee sorts itself out! Damn fluid!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:05 am

Would training be ok to do on Fridays so we can get more of the players involved????????????????????? let me know if everyone is ok with this thank you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:08 am

yh sounds great :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:09 am

you will get different people trainign 2 as sum people are unable to train wednedsays and sum might be able 2 fridays :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:10 am

I cant train on a friday, I am a teenager :lol:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:15 am

FISH. wrote:I cant train on a friday, I am a teenager :lol:

its just you init fish.......well whats more important the football game or going out?????? choose if you dare, the wrong answer and ya out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:41 am

I'll be there and I'm happy to play the super sub role again! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:16 am

I would of swapped teams if Claire had been going to the main event, then I wouldnt have to put up with Dobbin not knowing if a ball had crossed the line or not...

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:56 am

can anybody go even if they are not playing? Sadly my playing days are over at the grand old age of 28 lol

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:57 am

Of course. Come along, support the boys and make some noise!

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:04 pm

hughesygirl wrote:Would training be ok to do on Fridays so we can get more of the players involved????????????????????? let me know if everyone is ok with this thank you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yeah iam free all week apart from mondays!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Our skittles season starts in 3-4 weeks so I can play on Fridays so long as we finish by 8:30pm. ;)

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:25 pm

skittles that's an old mans game :lol:

any night is Ok for me and the young un for footie training

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:28 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:skittles that's an old mans game :lol:

any night is Ok for me and the young un for footie training

Well I'm bringing the rock n roll back to it alright?! :D

It's one of a few 'sports' that you can get shit faced and still legitimately participate in. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:31 pm

as my bro said, jayne, count me in cant wait to smash another 35 yarder home ;)