Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The UNDENIABLE importance of this Forum

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:27 am

This is not an arse licking exercise.. I've never met any of them personally.. but without the exclusive information posted here mainly by Carl and Annis, especially in the run up to Riddler's departure and now with the latest crisis, none of us would even know we were in one. We would, like in the past, be blindly looking forward to the season ahead (which I still am for the record, despite worries over the club's ability to fulfil its fixtures this time round) with no revelations from the local press who evidently use this board for the latest info.

The club would have loved the latest crisis to have gone under the radar, settled discretely, and then sign some average loan players as a smokescreen for its wider problems, but thankfully we have a forum that is a platform for the truth.

That is what us as fans want, and at the moment we are not getting that from OUR club. I do not blame TG and Tan, I believe they are the best thing to have happened to us. But to go forward and for them to become even more involved financially, we need to pay up Gethin Jenkins and get someone with experience for that VITAL role, and clear out the board. It's not easy and our Malaysian saviours have had little time. What is fact is that when the Cat's are away, the boardroom rats are too busy playing.

This season is huge. We need to get behind DJ and the boys and ride these turbulent times. We should be used to it by now! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The UNDENIABLE importance of this Forum

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:31 am

Marc, What people Dont Realise is WE WANT TO BE THE FIRST WITH GOOD NEWS, But there is not any at the moment.

It was This Forum that Said The Malaysians would come on board when many Doubted, but WE MAINTAINED THEY WOULD RIGHT THROUGH Dec/Jan/Feb/March etc

Lets hope there is GOOD NEWS SOON :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:00 am

I still don't quite understand how the information which is coming out from this message board is supposed to be hurting the club? It seems to me the information is only highlighting what a waste of space the eggers are when compared to the valiant job Vinnie and Top Guy are doing.

Also I am starting to get concerned that the very same people who told us protesting against Ridsdale was a bad idea (seems unbelievable now doesn't it :lol: ) are coming out of the woodwork to tell us that fully paid up season ticket holders like me shouldn't have access to the information Carl and Annis are providing because it is destatblising the club.

Don't these people ever learn?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:05 am

So if this forum , the BBC and the press are saying yes there is a transfer embargo BUT the FA apparantly say not then why doesnt Jenkins issue a statement 1 way or the other just to confirm or quosh the rumours ? Cant he in his position act for himself or does he have to be " told " what to do or say ? Dont think this forum or indeed the fans are de stableizing the club do u ? We put our money in over Christmas and many went without for that ................. so open your eyes and think on Mr Jenkins ! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:26 am

The Fa wont disclose the details to Joe Public, they let the clubs do it, but other club swill be made aware of it for their own protection.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:29 am

I think the eggers on the board have dropped a bollock by allowing an inexperienced person such as Jenkins to take control at possibly the most competitive, busiest part of the year. What I would like to know is how much, IF ANY, influence did TG have in the move? :?:

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:31 am

marcpccfc wrote:I think the eggers on the board have dropped a bollock by allowing an inexperienced person such as Jenkins to take control at possibly the most competitive, busiest part of the year. What I would like to know is how much, IF ANY, influence did TG have in the move? :?:

Good point.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:44 am

It stinks of an eggman move. It is cost cutting (in comparison to Ridsdale that is not hard!) but unfortutely this is costing us in other areas such as player recruitment. Sure there is an embargo at the moment but its well documented he has been inept in negotiations with Stoke and apparently he felt he had moved heaven and earth when he got Heaton in :?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:24 am

marcpccfc wrote:It stinks of an eggman move. It is cost cutting (in comparison to Ridsdale that is not hard!) but unfortutely this is costing us in other areas such as player recruitment. Sure there is an embargo at the moment but its well documented he has been inept in negotiations with Stoke and apparently he felt he had moved heaven and earth when he got Heaton in :?

Where has it been "well documented" Marc?

What documents have you seen showing this?

Or is it just rumour and hearsay again?

Some claims made may well be true , but equally may be just made up by someone wishing to stir or misunderstanding the true position. That`s why some of these Chinese Whispers become dangerous when people confuse them with facts (in either lower case or capitals).

Keith

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:12 pm

You are right Keith, well documented was a bad use of speech and termed incorrectly. In replacement, I'd like to call what I claimed a 'more than probable fact', as those who have told me swear by it and I swear by them. Plus the fact I've seen the same piece of information reported on this message board. Of course you could argue an identical, incorrect source?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:06 pm

BigGwynram wrote:The Fa wont disclose the details to Joe Public, they let the clubs do it, but other club swill be made aware of it for their own protection.

Correct Gwyn The FA will Not Disclose it and this exactly the what happened during The Riddle rain, LIKE IT OR NOT WE ARE UNDER AN EMBARGO TILL THE TAX MAN IS PAID.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Marc, What people Dont Realise is WE WANT TO BE THE FIRST WITH GOOD NEWS, But there is not any at the moment.

It was This Forum that Said The Malaysians would come on board when many Doubted, but WE MAINTAINED THEY WOULD RIGHT THROUGH Dec/Jan/Feb/March etc

Lets hope there is GOOD NEWS SOON :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I stuck to this story on a Fb Cardiff/Swansea group and got a heavy slagging from the Jacks. Now they have all gone quiet on this. I put faith in this board on this story and glad I did.

I dont take Carls posts as the written truth but put the exclusives to one side to see what develops. Besides the Ridsdale resignation after the ST scam I cant find one story that has been well off the mark.

The stories coming out now are worrying to say the least. I would say over the next couple of months the truth in them will come out from what I have experienced. I'm in 2 minds if these stories should be published though.

I see a certain individual, no prizes for guessing, is using the MM board to belittle the stories on here. I have had my say on the subject over there and will leave it at that. My I request that the moderating team on here have a policy to delete any threads/post that criticise Mike Morris board. Micheal has a difficult job to stop the "sniping" over there so lets help him out by not giving such individuals ammunition to have a go at here. I'm not talking about stopping the exclusives but about us being as bad as them when it comes to this sniping.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:43 pm

marcpccfc wrote:You are right Keith, well documented was a bad use of speech and termed incorrectly. In replacement, I'd like to call what I claimed a 'more than probable fact', as those who have told me swear by it and I swear by them. Plus the fact I've seen the same piece of information reported on this message board. Of course you could argue an identical, incorrect source?

Cheers Marc - as I said I wasn`t trying to be critical of you at all , just the fact that a rumour coming from a single source (who may or not be correct) is then amplified by lazy journalism by people like the Echo who just copy what is posted on a fans` messageboard and who are then copied themselves by the BBC.

So it seems like 3 seperate organisations are claiming it as a fact and so people assume it must be true , whileas it is just a story from one (not wholly reliable) source.

Keith