Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OUR PLAYERS, TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT YOURSELVES!!

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:18 am

If it,s true that they have been asked to have their bonuses deffered then i don,t see a problem, you,d think after that shambolic effort in the play off final (with the exception of chopra) that they would volunteer to accept the request......then again!!!!

Re: OUR PLAYERS, TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT YOURSELVES!!

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:30 am

Players wages, contracts, bonus payments etc, is one of the key areas of cost control that must be delt with in order to put the club on a sound financial footing for the future. In fact, everyone's salary/contract at the club needs to be reviewed, from top to bottom, imho.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:51 am

players at other clubs have done it,and if they love our club so much then it isnt a great ask withthe money they earn
but then again none of this should be made public

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:09 am

It is public because the players wanted it public by letting people know of the situation. They aren't happy, but then the whole thing doesnt inspire confidence about the financial situation at the club!

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:09 am

langley wrote:players at other clubs have done it,and if they love our club so much then it isnt a great ask withthe money they earn

Who says they love the club?

A contract is a contract end of. The criticism should be for the idiots who gave out these contracts.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:52 am

langley wrote:players at other clubs have done it,and if they love our club so much then it isnt a great ask withthe money they earn

I don't love the company I work for and I would think long and hard about deferring anything that was owed to me by them if it was in the contract both I and my employers have signed. I would be pretty disappointed if they dion't defer what is owed to them, especially as they would also be questioning when it is all going to end. I would understand them not doing it, though, as they have families to feed, mortgages to pay, etc

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:57 am

Nottage Blue wrote:

I don't love the company I work for and I would think long and hard about deferring anything that was owed to me by them if it was in the contract both I and my employers have signed. I would be pretty disappointed if they dion't defer what is owed to them, especially as they would also be questioning when it is all going to end. I would understand them not doing it, though, as they have families to feed, mortgages to pay, etc

yep and in reality if we were working for a company we didnt like then we would look to move on elsewhere , so I guess so would they ?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:02 am

Exactly, Martyn. After all, both we and the players have an employer/employee relationship with our companies, don't we? In that respect, we are the same

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:05 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Exactly, Martyn. After all, both we and the players have an employer/employee relationship with our companies, don't we? In that respect, we are the same

different for me coz Ive got shares in the company I work for after we did a management buy out so Id have to accept pay cuts and deferals in my case due to the commitment , but if I wasnt in that posotion then I certainly would think twice .