Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff 'three camps' City

Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:26 pm

I have absolutely no proof or evidence about what goes on behind closed doors at CCFC - I just pay for my ticket & support the team, but based on gut instinct, putting 2 and 2 together and hopefully not making 5, and the hints and rumours that continuously plague this club, I don't think it unreasonable to presume our dressing room hasn't been united for a long while.

I seem to get the ongoing impression that there are 'three camps' at the City. The first I'd include the likes of Hudson, Gerrard, who have typically come into the club expecting nothing more than 100%, 100% of the time. The second camp, which I include Chopra, Bothroyd, Rae, [and previously Whittingham], are those who take big wages, and effectively 'rule the roost', putting in performances when it suits, or when their place is threatened. I bet I wouldn't be a million miles away if I suggested it was this group that wanted to fly up to Boro' the other day.

The third camp ? There must be some in the squad who have all the hallmarks of good professionals, yet look at those in the second camp and wonder why bother. The 'boss' doesn't do anything, they get paid more that I do, so why am I such a mug ?

Of course, this is pure conjecture, but consistantly I have posted that for all the big money talk and ambitious statements at the club, the fundamentals are totally missing.